“My favourite place to stay in BsAs.”
Review of Gorriti 4290 B&B

and 1 more site!
Gorriti 4290 B&B
Ranked #37 of 256 Buenos Aires B&B and Inns
Reviewed February 10, 2014

I have now been to Gorriti 3 times & will always return when I am in Buenos Aires. It is a charming house in my favourite part of town, Palermo, just a short walk from all the wonderful small groovy shops & restaurants. The mani double room is my favourite, with en suit bathroom, although I have also stayed in one of the other double rooms, which was fine. The breakfast is delicious & the host friendly & warm. I will always return here when I visit Buenos Aires. Many thanks for your kind hospitality Hernan. Yours kindly Matthew Clark

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled solo
There are newer reviews for Gorriti 4290 B&B

Reviewed February 1, 2014

The room was clean and comfortable with working air conditioning and plenty of space. Hernan was welcoming, provided a good breakfast, and helped arrange transportation for us to the local domestic airport. My only suggestion is that the owners mark the front of the property in some way as we initially had a hard time locating the building.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank g s
Reviewed January 20, 2014 via mobile

The owner is very helpful and gives advise and recommendations what to do in Buenos Aires and where to eat.
He prepared a delicious breakfast with fruits and a variety of bread every morning.
As it has just 3 rooms and you eat breakfast in the family's dining room you feel at home.
The room has high ceiling (very old building), was very clean and with air condition. Bathroom is shared.

Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 20, 2014 via mobile

Worst B&B experience in my 20 years of active travel. It is genuinely difficult to put into words how offensive the owner was with my wife and I. We booked two nights at this B&B (which just happened to be on my birthday, nothing special or anything), and we were genuinely looking forward to starting our day with "exquisite tarts" before venturing out into BA.
Instead, a grumpy bully came to the door after 10 minutes of buzzing, brought us into the only nice part of the building, the general area, and tried bullying my wife and I into paying double. He called this doubling in price the "black market rate". We'd just arrived in country and I showed him my ATM receipt which showed I'd received my pesos at the official rate just 10 minutes earlier, but he didn't care, he was a "black market B&B". This went on and on until I got nauseous. We initially agreed to pay the "black market" double price for one night since it was becoming dark outside and we were unfamiliar with BA, but after less than 10 minutes in the dingy little unwelcoming room, just thinking about seeing the bully's face again at breakfast made me nauseous all over again. We got our money back, minus the deposit that he agreed to return and didn't, and got out of there as fast as we could. Again, single worst B&B experience in 20 years of travel, and I've been to well over 50 countries. We literally walked 6 blocks to the next nearest B&B, received the official rate on the room (which was cheaper), received a MUCH nicer room (with a private bathroom), and were warmly welcomed by the staff immediately. In that since it worked out in our favor, but I was still rattled and furious for hours until we went out for dining and drinks, again, at the official rate. This "black market" bully does not deserve your business, and if you bother to look at the photos (which we hadn't initially), you'll find they aren't even tarts, they're biscochos, and they look like they're purchased from the bakery down the street, which means the bully has nothing to offer but terrible service and dingy little rooms. The WORST.

Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
4  Thank THX1136
Reviewed December 8, 2013

Hernàn is the perfect host. Gorritti is located in Palermo Viejo, a lovely area much like Greenwich Village. The rooms are lovely and comfortable. Ask anything, and Hernàn is there to help. Lots of carbs at breakfast.

Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 27, 2013

This B&B is well located near Palermo Soho, so near to the excellent (coffee)bars and restaurants, though in a quiet street. The owner Hernán is superfriendly and will help you out with info about transportation, restaurants, things to visit, Argentinas history,...
The breakfast is great! Lots of choice and delicious! This B&B is a topper!

Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 25, 2013

This was a great and very affordable B&B located in Palermo Soho which is a cool neighborhood.

Hernan the owner was very friendly and helpful and the breakfasts here were sooooooooo tasty.

- Great breakfast
- Good Wifi
- Clean bedrooms
- Hot showers
- Great location and beautiful building
- Friendly staff