“Perfect BsAs evening ”

$290.00*
and up
Dinner at 'El Mercado' and Rojo Tango Show
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Tango dancing / Dinner show - a must. Our driver picked us up as scheduled and dropped us off at Rojo Tango. Pre fix menu was ample and the food was delicious. Continuous wine service was just right. Service was outstanding. Service team is well organized and on point. Incredibly gracious team - start to finish

Dancing was fabulous. Highly talented team showcasing all the traditional tango dances. Orchestra was mesmerizing.

Very fun evening. Hotel is fabulous, so stay afterwards for a visit to the lounge. This won’t disappoint.

Date of experience: November 2018
in 37 reviews
"stage"
in 74 reviews

Reviewed October 31, 2018

The Rojo Tango was class all the way. They sent us a car that picked us up at the hotel at 8:00pm. This was a good call, because when we were there (October, 2018) there was major construction in the area.
When we arrived at the hotel, we were blown away with how up-scale it was. Very elegant. Lots of red and dark woods. The staff were impeccably dressed and incredibly friendly. We were immediately seated and provided menus and drink lists. The staff was so attentive. Our server was especially friendly and super professional. Her name escapes me now, but she spoke perfect English, French and Italian (and Spanish, of course) She made the night perfect. When we needed a minute, she gave us our space. When we needed something, it was like she already knew and was headed our way. We ordered our appetizers, a tenderloin and the chocolate mousse for dessert. My wife’s steak was cooked a little more then she liked. She was very shy about saying something, but gathered enough courage to tell one person who came by to ask how everything was. She told them about it and they were quick to bring her a new one that was perfect, no questions asked. I happened to mention, as I was considering booking, that it was her birthday. I surely never brought it up again. They must have written it down in some notes or something because they surprised us with a complimentary dessert with a big candle on top of it. It was delicious and much appreciated. My wife felt very special.
As for the show….This was a beautiful theater. Intimate. Decked out in red. Very sexy. Classy. Professional. I have 2 degrees in music and spent many hours studying this region, music and culture in college. If the musicians were something other then amazing, I would tell you. They were amazing. The piano player, the strings, the accordion player- were all fantastic. They played for a LONG time and had a stylistic mastery that could only come from having grown up with this music. They had a few different percussion tracks they used in the show that were pre-recorded or sampled that added to the variety of their sound. There were two singers: a man and a woman, who made appearances throughout the show to sing and they were great. The dancers were absolutely amazing. They were everything I had hoped they would be. Beautiful, sexy, great technique and at times breath taking, as they did lifts and athletic dance moves that required a tremendous amount of strength. This show was very sexy. I have even seen it described as cabaret in reviews. But it never went over a line of professionalism. The show started at 10:00. I don’t know how long it lasted, but it was just the right length. Probably an hour and a half.
When the show was over, we wandered outside and our driver was waiting for us. He was there to take us home, but offered to take us anywhere we wanted. This was a great evening. The best tango in the city. Don’t hesitate to have the whole experience!

1  Thank JJ_Pip
Reviewed October 30, 2018 via mobile

Recommended by the concierge at our hotel, This show is a bit expensive, but I think it was worth it. The food was good, and the show very dramatic and fun. It is an intimate venue, and that really helps to make the experience especially memorable.

Reviewed October 28, 2018 via mobile

Beautiful talented dancers and singers. Small intimate room. Food was good. Plenty of decent wine. Show starts after 9. And last past 11.