TripAdvisor
Inbox
Search
Spanish School Buenos Aires - 1 Day Crash Course - CLOSED
Review Highlights
Efficient and personal school!

Spent 6 weeks in the school learning Spanish and having arrived with just the basics I can now have... read more

Reviewed March 12, 2015
lauray91
Greater London, United Kingdom
via mobile
Hidden gem in buenos aires

I had a great time here. Thank you so much for all you help, patient and dedication I will miss you... read more

Reviewed January 4, 2015
Dane P
New York City, New York

See what travelers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed November 4, 2014

This was the first spanish school I ended up in while looking for another one located in the same street! It turned out to be the better choice, as the teachers there were young, dynamic and very happy to help with understanding the culture of Buenos Aires, as well as aid you in making reservations and not just teach you Spanish. It was like learning Spanish with your friends, and it was a very warm, and welcoming environment, where one could feel at home right away!
I thought it was perfect for me! They were happy to match your pace and accommodate you, sometimes even gently encouraging you to work harder, especially because I am was too lazy, but found the experience very enjoyable.
I will miss the people who taught me Spanish! I just wish I could take the school with me back to the US! Lol~!
My only complaint is that I wish they had a proper text book one could buy or purchase, instead of the print outs we worked with! However that should not be a deterrent for anyone else! :D I advise you to give this school a chance and give it time to grow on you if you don't find the first week to be what you wanted. Believe me, they have great potential and they are worth getting to know. If worse comes to worst, you will leave this school with a whole bunch of cool Argentinian friends!

Date of experience: October 2014
2  Thank StacyHun
Reviewed November 2, 2014

I had a very Nice time at this school, great and supernice teachers!
Learned a lot! Cheap and good :)

Date of experience: November 2014
2  Thank Leonie H
Reviewed November 1, 2014

This was a very interesting experience and I will be happy to do this again in the future! I will definitely recommend this to my friends!

Date of experience: November 2014
3  Thank Vio B
Reviewed October 26, 2014

I know that for me learning a new language was going to be very challenging but my Spanish teacher was amazing! He was always prepared and took our questions and requests to mind. He would always come back with more exercises to help us get better. My class only has one other person, so we got to practice a lot in speaking. It was very individualized and practically private Spanish instruction. His knowledge of the Argentine culture and other dialects spoken in various Latin American countries was also very helpful.
I've taken classes for 6 weeks and I now felt much more comfortable when I communicate with the locals. Can't recommend Spanish School Buenos Aires enough!

Date of experience: August 2014
3  Thank isaso
Reviewed September 25, 2014

So I finally decided that I needed to improve my Spanish. And by improve I mean relearn it in such a way where I can do more than just ask for directions. I had taken some trips to Madrid and Barcelona and I just manage to basically communicate, but barely. As a result of this epiphany I Googled Spanish School in Buenos Aires and Piedras School was the first result.
The small class sizes make the experience really manageable. You get a lot of individual attention, you interact and have conversations. Moreover, you do kind of bond with your classmates so you don't feel self-conscious when you know you are likely butchering a pronunciation enter the factor patience
When I saw the prices I didn't think they could possibly be correct. You could take two years of courses at this school and still not match the price of one semester of Spanish at a local college in NYC. You wouldn't have nearly as much fun either since Buenos Aires is intense and there is always something new to do.
The teachers I've had Nataly and Federico exhibited incredible patience and a sense of humor. The group Spanish courses almost exclusively in Spanish so it works sort of like an immersion where your brain forces itself to keep up. It's not all rote grammar either, you learn idioms that exist in various Spanish speaking countries and some cultural points too. You definitely leave feeling like you learned something useful.

Date of experience: September 2014