WINNER WONDERLAND

Ranked #97 of 451 Hotels in Buenos Aires
Chicago, IL
“Could be better”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 27, 2014

I stayed for one night in Hotel Reino Del Plata in March 2014. I arrived early before the check-in time and the hotel staff were nice and they promptly checked me in. The hotel is walking distance to the Obleisk on one side and the Pink House (President's house) on the other side. The hotel staff were very helpful and nice but I am not sure they spoke very much English.

The room I stayed in had a dirty shower head and it appeared it had never been cleaned. I am sure it is very easy to clean it with a brush. The bed spread had stains on it, and towel had holes in it. The toilet seat seemed to have been taken from some other place and installed in that room's toilet. I took pictures of these to show the people at the hotel reception desk when I was checking out but they asked me to post my feedback on the Trip Advisor! So, I have posted the pictures with this post.

I am not usually the complaining type and try to be helpful, and I hope the hotel staff see this post and correct the minor issues so the stay could be better. This seems to be a nice boutique hotel and could be better.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled solo
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Reinoplata, Propietario at Hotel Boutique Reino Del Plata, responded to this review, April 4, 2014
All opinions are really important to us. We always keep in mind every observation made by our guests.
Thank you for taking the time to send us your comments. We will inspect each room so every little detail gets fixed on the spot. We have new staff working to guarantee the satisfaction of our guests.
We hope you can come back and see the improvements for yourself.
On your next stay you can contact directly we me for further comments:
pobregon@hotelreinodelplata.com.ar.

best regards,

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
  • Czech first
  • Turkish first
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 19, 2014

I arrived too early for my check-in (10,00) after a long haul from London, not only did they let me check in early without saying a word about check-in not being until 13.00 but were totally lovely all round. Enjoyed my stay in a great location. Having lived in Buenos Aires I thought I might feel a bit odd about being treated like a tourist, but they were really helpful when I needed it but left me to get on with it when not. I've booked to go back there before my return flight.

Room Tip: Interior rooms are very quiet
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled solo
1 Thank Kwakkers2014
Reinoplata, Gerente at Hotel Boutique Reino Del Plata, responded to this review, January 20, 2014
Dear Guest,
Thank you very much for your wonderful review of our Hotel! We were very happy to hear that you had a great experience with us, and that our team could make you feel special.
Hope to welcome you back again
All the best,
pavia
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 17, 2014

We were booked here for three nights between Xmas and New Years. On the plus side the room was big, the bed stupendous and the bathroom clean and good enough considering the price of the hotel. On the downside, which was a pretty big downer, the hotel suffered from power outages from the first night we were there, which meant that there was no air con, also no lift sometimes (we were on the fifth floor.....). BA was suffering a heat wave and also has major economic issues, and I knew that many neighborhoods were experiencing power cuts, but what was strange is that buildings adjacent to ours were not.......In the end we checked out on the third day and booked into another hotel for the same price, 250 meters, with no problems. What was more disappointing is that the Reina did not offer any explanation, discount etc during the two day period that we were there. Shame as being so hot in our room and out, kinda spoiled our stay in BA.

• 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank lucyperez67
Thank you for your comments. All opinions are very important to us in order to improve our service day after day.
Unfortunately, we’ve been affected by the problems the city had with the electric supply. This is something uncommon and we had to use our emergency generator to overcome this situation.
We are surprised about your feedback because we had all our guests informed about what was happening so they could be assisted as needed.
As clearly mentioned, blackouts are not always on the same block, for this reason, some buildings had light, others didn’t and had to work with an electric generator.
We are really sorry for the inconvenience during your stay.
We look forward to a new opportunity on a next visit and I will personally make sure you have a pleasant experience.
This is my e-mail for any further inquiry: pobegon@hotelreinodelplata.com.ar
Best Regards.
Arizona
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 12, 2014

We stayed at Reina del Plata over the Christmas holidays and it was pleasant. The hotel is situated in an ideal location if you want to explore the main BA sights: Casa Rosada, San Telmo, etc. It's quite a distance by walking from Palermo or Recoleta, but taxis are easy to find. We, too, were there during a major heat wave. The AC worked fine but you had to leave your key in the wall to make it work. That meant we'd come home to a hot room and have to wait awhile to cool off. No biggie, but not ideal.

The staff was excellent--friendly, helpful, and accommodating. One thing that surprised us is that they lock the front door day and night. To get in the building you have to wait until the front desk clerk gets up and comes to the door. It was never a problem but makes you wonder about the safety of the area.

1 Thank BodogArizona
Dear guest,

With much pleasure, we have taken note of your kind feedback regarding your stay at our hotel. We are very thankful, especially for your understanding regarding the known deficits, which were mentioned also in other reviews here a few times before.
Usually the gateway to the hotel remains closed to keep control of people entering the hotel and provide a good service with the bell boys.
In the hope, that you will visit us again, whenever your next travels brings you to Buenos Aires, we send our best regards.
New York City, New York
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 2, 2014

Really unpleasant place to stay. Noisy as heck, and no AC in the middle of one of BA's hottest weeks of the summer.

The rooms are small and have seen better days (like, in the 1960s). For the amount you pay for this hotel, you would do better elsewhere.

• 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank enokimushroom
Reinoplata, Gerente at Hotel Boutique Reino Del Plata, responded to this review, February 4, 2014
We are really sorry for the inconvenience during your stay.
This is my e-mail for any further inquiry: pobegon@hotelreinodelplata.com.ar
Best Regards.
vancouver
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 21, 2013

Perfect hotel for first trip to B.A. Spent 5 nights and thought it was great. Breakfast was decent but I usually stick to fruit regardless... Great base to explore all the neighborhoods. Right off of Florida Street as well if thats your thing. Our room was quiet.

Room Tip: I prefer high floor but elevator can be slow if you are impatient.
1 Thank GingaNinga
Reinoplata, Gerente at Hotel Boutique Reino Del Plata, responded to this review, December 23, 2013
We are glad to hear that you had a comfortable stay at our hotel and that you were fully satisfied with our services. We will be delighted to welcome you back in our hotel, shall your plans bring you to Buenos Aires again in the future. Kind regards from Buenos Aires
Durham, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 9, 2013 via mobile

I can't understand the amount of negative reviews about this hotel. On arrival the air con was not working so we were given another room which overlooked the street. The staff were always pleasant and helpful especially Sebastian, perhaps if guests took the time to talk to them they would find this out. Situated close to many tourist attractions and restaurants we felt save walking at night. As with many major cities you have to be alert to theft, I had my camera stolen from the boot of the taxi when the driver was distracted by someone but that has not detracted me from staying here again. Overall a very pleasant stay in beautiful city and country and we will certainly return one day, many thanks.

Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Jim T
Reinoplata, Gerente at Hotel Boutique Reino Del Plata, responded to this review, December 18, 2013
Thank you very much for your nice comments!
We are so glad to read that you enjoyed your stay in our hotel. For us the most important is the experience of each guests -
We will be waiting for you in your next travel!
Best regards