Hotel Prince
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
Mine Hotel Boutique(Buenos Aires)
$136
  • Breakfast included
Awwa Suites & Spa(Buenos Aires)
$89
  • Pool
NH Buenos Aires City(Buenos Aires)(Great Value!)
$159
$105
$130
$107
  • Breakfast included
Alvear Palace Hotel(Buenos Aires)
$396
$309
  • Pool
Hilton Buenos Aires(Buenos Aires)
$332
$244
  • Restaurant
Hotel Madero(Buenos Aires)
$194
Agoda.com
  • Pool
Circus Hostel & Hotel(Buenos Aires)(Great Value!)
$35
$33
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsdouble roomcontinental breakfastsanta feyogurtarenalescallaoavrecoletafloorlocationwifi
FilterAll languages
Reviewed October 10, 2011

After reading the reviews, I decided to give it a try. I stayed at a double room #505 in the 5th floor. The rooms are very clean and 505 is very private with street view but high enough to avoid the street noise. Note that the elevator takes you to the 4th floor only but the benefit of the privacy is worth it and the front desk personnel is willing to help with the luggage. The location is perfect: 1 block from Vicente Lopez square and Santa Fe avenue. Few blocks from Recoleta. This is not a fancy hotel but the price is extremely convenient and if you pay cash, even better. Note: you can change currency 2 blocks from the hotel in Galeria Armenia where you get much better deal than in regular exchange shops. You can ask for directions at the front desk. This is a very clean and affordable hotel but what sets it apart is the customer service, example: I left a USB dongle in the security box in the room. I called the hotel few days after departure when I realized that I may have left the dongle in the safe box. Every time I spoke with the front desk personnel and the hotel manager, were extremely friendly and professional. They searched the box and eventually found the little piece hidden inside the box. At that time they contacted me via email. This is just an example of their customer service. I am a loyal customer now and will plan to stay there in the future.

Finally, there is a gym 1 block from the hotel (Rodriguez Pena close to Santa Fe) that allows you to sign by day or week so for the workout fans this is a good alternative. The gym is a little crowed between 6 and 9 but worth it.

Room Tip: High floors, street view!
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled on business
2  Thank Dan2010_CA
Reviewed November 24, 2009

This was my third time to Buenos Aires, but first time going as a tourist since I used to live in the Barrio Norte/Recoleta neighborhoods several years ago. So this time I spent a lot of time trying to find a decent, affordable hotel (270 pesos double room = ~$71) in a great location (near where I used to live) and came across good reviews of this hotel on Tripadvisor so I decided to book 4 nights, then another 2 nights after a couple days El Calafate. (The hotel was able to hold our bags). I emailed the hotel with our dates and received an email confirmation that they booked the rooms. However, when I arrived they didn't even have my reservation on file! Fortunately they had rooms available, but they said I was supposed to have a reservation code/number, that I never received by email. (So make sure you receive that since you don't even have to provide a credit card number to hold your spot!)

The rooms vary by size and brightness. I would suggest that you request upon arrival a room facing the back/garden or the street (if the street, at least 3rd or 4th floor b/c of the slight street noise. Tip: 5th floor has a large room with two single beds street side with small balcony! But you have to take the elevator to the 4th floor and then walk a few stairs to the 5th.) The internal rooms are very dark and seem smaller. By doing making this request you will avoid a lot of changing of rooms once you've arrived.

There's one computer in the lobby, internet is fairly fast and rarely do you have to wait in line. Staff is overall friendly/helpful, though there is one lady who was very mean towards the bag carrier and yelled at him in front of us for no good reason. Breakfast is not very good. I understand it is a continental breakfast, but the few crossoints and lack of variety of breads gets tiring fast. Plus the coffee is horrible so I would suggest the tea. They could at least offer some ham and cheese slices or a toaster like many other hotels do (during trip stayed at hotels in El Calafate and Mendoza). Needless to say, we went without the hotel breakfast a few times and ate out at a confiteria with much better food and coffee! There's no fridge in the room, but you can ask for ice and extra glasses, since they only provide one small one in the room.

Overall, this hotel was alright. Very clean like other reviewers stated; the staff was very accomodating when we wanted better rooms; it is very close to the Recoleta, Santa Fe shopping and right arond the corner from Cumana, a great and affordable pizza and empanada restaurant! (I recommend the cheese & onion 'fugazetta' pizza!) Next time I will probably stay at another hotel possibly near Ave Florida since we were always over there shopping, buying leather shoes and getting leather coats made, or in Palermo. (Palermo Soho is a great place to go out at night).

• Stayed: November 2009, traveled with friends
1  Thank Love2IntlTravel
Reviewed October 15, 2009

I was enticed to this hotel by tripadvisor's high rating and I was not disappointed. I found the staff very helpful and courteous. They furnished me with a map on my arrival and they marked where the hotel was for me, which I really appreciated.
The room (AR200/single) was very clean and the bathroom was nicely tiled and spotless. The bed was very comfortable and it was quiet.
They have a good security key system which entails sliding a card to get into your room and then sliding it into another holder once you're in your room. No traditional keys with holes in the keyhole for people to look in.
They have a computer in the lobby for patrons to use for the internet, which I found really great to check for emails.
The breakfast is included in the price and the lady serving it up offered me a 2nd cup of coffee for no additional fee (unlike another hotel i stayed at). She was very nice.
Oh yes, my flight home was at 9 pm and they let me store my bag for free all day long. Of course I gave the bellboy a little tip to retrieve my bag but what a great service hotel this is.
I would highly recommend Hotel Prince.

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled solo
Reviewed September 30, 2009

Prince Hotel is an excellent Tourist Class hotel, you cannot beat the location in a good neighbourhood, 6 blocks from the Subway (Subte) Gallao and 2 stations to Catederal
MicroCenter/ Florida St. Rooms are small, Bed is Comfortable A/C heating In Winter.
Cost as of 27/09/2009 $200 Pesos for a single $47 .US(double room) with Tax Continental Break fast. 270 Double. Arenales Avenida quietens down around 11pm; you will need ear plugs for the front rooms/ windows are double glazed..The staff are very efficient/ helpful and speak some English.
Transfers to/ from the airport(s) are painless with Manuel Tienda Leon Coaches 45 Pesos

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled solo
Reviewed November 11, 2007

I have been to Buenos Aires 8 times in 2 years, an amazing city.....on a prior trip I was simply walking the streets in Recoleta (the "Manhattan" or maybe "Upper West Side" of Buenos Aires and stumbled upon the Prince Hotel on a quiet side street.

For this trip I contact the hotel directly for reservations. Very prompt response, was quoted a rate of roughly US$45 a NIGHT INCLUDING TAX AND CONTINENTAL BREAKFAST. You MUST understand what a VALUE this is in Recoleta........because although Buenos Aires is, due to the exchange rate and Argentina's current stability, a GREAT BARGAIN......HOTELS IN BUENOS AIRES ARE MORE OR LESS PRICED AS THEY WOULD BE IN THE US OR EUROPE. In other words, they are not the BUY the rest of the nation is.....

PRINCE HOTEL is BASIC. But very comfortably "basic." Rooms are small, the mattresses a little thin, but the bathrooms are spotless, the hotel has an atmosphere that it is loved by the English speaking and very friendly staff, there is a computer in the lobby for guests to use, extensive cable tv in the rooms.....it is not LUXURY by any means, don't book it thinking it IS.....HOWEVER: IT COSTS ABOUT 1/2 WHAT PARK ELEGANCE KEMPSINSKI AND WILTON HOTEL DO (the 2 other places I have stayed) AND OFFERS JUST AS MUCH AS THOSE TWO VERY OVER-PRICED PROPERTIES DO. A lot of hotels in Buenos Aires which are "sold" as 3 and 4 star really are not. Heads-up there everyone.

Prince Hotel is an honest, basic, clean, intimate little property, a friendly hotel located on a QUIET (if you have been to Buenos Aires you KNOW what a commodity some QUIET can be!) side street in the BEST neighborhood. The breakfast was basic, there's no gym, and so on but the staff is friendly and you feel they are "aware" of you and appreciate your business.

My recommedation when visiting Buenos Aires is to just GO for it and spend the $300+ a night for the Alvear or Loi Suites Recoleta if you want bells and whistles and TRUE luxury, or TAKE A LOOK AT PRINCE HOTEL if you are shopping for something clean, modest.......because, again, a LOT of hotels in the city are going to charge you DOUBLE over the Prince and offer nothing more than the Prince Hotel. 7 nights came to US$299. I could NOT have been more pleased.

A really good experience. Check it out.

• Stayed: September 2007, traveled solo
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
5  Thank ElPorteno