“Worst service experience of my life”
Review of Madero Tango

Madero Tango
Book In Advance
More Info
and up
Madero Tango Show with Optional Dinner in Buenos...
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Madero Tango es la casa del tango en Puerto Madero, el barrio más moderno de Buenos Aires. Ante una inigualable vista panorámica del antiguo puerto de Buenos Aires, protagonista excluyente de la magia del lugar, se conjugan el canto, la danza y una gastronomía de alta categoría que han dado renombre a Madero Tango tanto en el ámbito internacional como local. Madero Tango ha desarrollado una exclusiva selección de platos típicos argentinos del más alto nivel internacional en la que se incluyen las mejores carnes del país y cocina de autor con una variedad única para que Usted pueda seleccionar la opción que más desee y comenzar a vivir la mejor noche de tango show de Buenos Aires. Acompañan a nuestra exquisita cocina una destacada carta de vinos. Disfrutar la “experiencia” Madero Tango es conocer realmente donde el tango vive.
Useful Information: Bathroom facilities, Stairs / elevator, Food available for purchase
Reviewed February 4, 2013

Please do not patronize Madero Tango.
From the beginning:
We wanted to see a tango show our last night in town and our hotel recommended Madero Tango. (we’ve obviously let them know about our experience) The show included a ride from our hotel, but no one mentioned that we would be two of 14 people picked up in a van. We were driven all over the city for 90 minutes picking up other passengers before arriving at our destination.

When we arrived, there was a line of people waiting to pay that was 15 minutes long. When we were finally seated, we waited another 20 minutes at the table before receiving water and wine. So, over two hours to even get to a glass of water. We placed our orders and the show started and we cheered up thinking it would be smooth sailing now.

Our first course was some of the least quality food we’ve had on this 3 week trip throughout Argentina. Then, as the server was delivering main courses to the adjacent table, she dumped an entire plate of some chicken and rice goo down my back, all over my dress and in my hair. The server was apologetic, but there wasn’t really a fix for it. The show was now officially over for us and I just wanted to go home.

We went to the desk and asked for a refund so we can leave. Then the hostess at the desk and the manager refused to give us a refund. “We don’t give refunds. Period.” I argued that this had already been one of the worst experiences I’ve had and I just want to leave. Then they offered us vouchers to see the show the next night or that that we could move to the front “VIP” section. So apparently the management thinks that when you have a customer on the brink of tears who desperately wants to just leave, you should offer to either A) ask them to sit through a show covered in food in the front row and make an even bigger spectacle of them or B) sentence them to certain hell of repeating the experience the next day. I said that we just wanted to go home and we wanted our money back. The manager refuses again and we went around in circles again, in both English and in Spanish.

At this point I was totally distraught at the thought of being robbed for US$220 and now I was really arguing with the manager. At which point he conceded an offer of a partial refund, but then elevated his level of rudeness even further by actually laughing at me and then telling me to be quiet at me while I was telling him how uncomfortable I was covered in hot gruel, how my dress was ruined, and how we hadn’t even gotten a meal after being driven around in a van or 90 minutes. I asked to speak to the owner or the general manager the next 10 minutes were spent with the hostess texting him. His solution? I could come back across town tomorrow and he would launder my dress, but there would only be a half refund.

I took the half refund, called the manager a swear word, and then went outside and sat on a bench and cried and tried to wipe myself off, while vowing to make sure that this would never happen to another person ever again. So basically the tab for my worst night of service ever was US$110 for one of the tickets, a ruined US$200 dress, US$15 cab ride back to the hotel, so US$335 total. Please don’t patronize this place. The service from the hostess, the manager, and the owner was horrible, insulting, and embarrassing. I have never been treated so poorly.

7  Thank the202traveler
Write a ReviewReviews (2,918)
All reviews
in 12 reviews
in 6 reviews
in 2 reviews

Reviewed February 1, 2013

Ok, I've only been to one Tango Show in BA, Madero Tango - twice! So can't compare, but the food is very good (not worse of than any local parilla in Palermo), very attentive waiter (gracias a Alejandra, que amable eres), and a good show. They say every Tango Show in BA is touristy, but we can't complain. Madero Tango is not cheap, but overall worth it. The waiter above all made it a good experience. Show very good, sexy dancers. Duration 1 1/2 hours.

Reviewed January 30, 2013

Beautiful show, organized, it tells the story of tango from its early times. Excellent dancers. Very tour thing , but worth it in my opinion. different seats at different prices. If you pay dinner you sit better, other option is wine and bread,although the seats are more distant from the stage

Reviewed January 23, 2013

The show was OKish,basically a scob of Evita (but I bet no royalties to Rice & co) but the food was truly dreadful - I ordered a rare steak, and was served charcoal, my teeth were not sharp enough to cope so I eventually gave up. The pud was even worse, we then got hassled for a tip, which was not forthcoming.

The guide book warned of shovel them in and shovel them out tango shows, and I guess I have just been taken for a ride.