“OK dancing dreadful food” 2 of 5 bubbles

$107.43*
and up
Buenos Aires Combo Tour: City Sightseeing Plus Madero Tango Show with Dinner
More attraction details
Owner description: Madero Tango: an unforgetable tango experience to discover the genuine Buenos Aires tradition.Madero Tango is located in Puerto Madero, the most sylish area of Buenos Aires. Its unique panoramic view over the river and the city lights is the main characteristic of this venue, where singers, dancers and a magnificent cuisine create a magic mixture of sensations. Madero Tango offers a Gourmet Dinner + Tango Show experience that delights an international audiencie every night of the week. It is the only place that can gather, since forever, both locals and tourists.
Norfolk
10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 65 helpful votes
“OK dancing dreadful food”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 23, 2013

The show was OKish,basically a scob of Evita (but I bet no royalties to Rice & co) but the food was truly dreadful - I ordered a rare steak, and was served charcoal, my teeth were not sharp enough to cope so I eventually gave up. The pud was even worse, we then got hassled for a tip, which was not forthcoming.

The guide book warned of shovel them in and shovel them out tango shows, and I guess I have just been taken for a ride.

Ribeirao Preto, SP
36 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 80 helpful votes
“A tiring beautiful tango show”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 22, 2013

The tango show is very beautiful. However, 2 hour show let you tired. The food is reasonable compared to other restaurants of Puerto Madero. The price is also very expensive. Sometimes it is better to opt for some free tango shows in the street and spend the money on a more upscale dining.

London
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 82 helpful votes
“Just terrible......”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 7, 2013

Booked this for our 10th Anniversay, thought it would be a cheesy but fun way to spend Christmas Eve in BA. What a nightmare:
- Our "car" pick up from our hotel was over an hour late (we had to phone the company twice) and when it turned up it was a smelly old white van.
- We then proceeeded to pick up various other parties from hotels in the Palermo area, but the driver clearly didn't have a clue where he was (and no Satnav!)
- We spent another hour driving around, and drove up one street 5 times, and the wrong way up another one-way street twice
- When we finally got to the place it was a large warehouse type venue (not at all intimate), it was already full and everyone had just about finished their meals
- The table we had reserved only had one place (we booked as a couple)
- We spent ages arguing to try and get a seat (at one point they tried to put us upstairs at the back with no view of the stage!)
- When we eventually did get an ok seat, the food when it arrived was TERRIBLE, starter was a weird kind of warm prawn mousse (which I am sure was meant to be chilled), with a sad lonely prawn stuck on top (I supect he may have committed suicide after listening to the strained wailing / singing coming from the stage). The main was some kind of dried out salmon en croute - horrendous
- The show to be fair was ok, the dancers were pretty good and we quite enjoyed that bit (but by then the night had been all but ruined anyway), but the "singers" sounded like a Goose being strangled in the fog!
- My wife commented at one stage that she felt like she was in "Dante's version of one of the gates of hell", so much for our 10th Anniversary - I'm lucky that I'm still married!
- Finally, when the time came to leave (at last) there seemed to be no organisation or plan re getting our pick up back to the hotel. We eventually managed to grab our own cab (luckily) and happily paid 100 Pesos just to get back to our hotel (I would have paid double that).
We later found out from locals that the best place to see a Tango show in BA is Rojo Tango, dinner tango show in Faena Hotel & Universe, not the cheapest but a really classy, intimate little show.
If this review can save just one person having the nightmare experience we had then that will be something at least.
I would have rather paid to have needles stuck in my eyes - what a nightmare!

Visited December 2012
1 Thank MarkandCat
New York City, New York
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 42 helpful votes
“SCAM ALERT - AVOID, AVOID, AVOID”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 6, 2013

My family and I just attended the Madero Tango show a few days ago in Buenos Aires. Let me tell you without hesitation that my experience and observation, their whole operation is based on deception, bait and switch and any other terms you can use for a scam which takes advantage of the tourist. It is unfortunate, because the bad experience you will get from the operators of this venue, overrides any positive attributes of the show itself. Let me be specific.

1 – We purchased our tickets at a tourist information office in Puerto Madero. We were told that seating was by section and not by specific table. We purchased four tickets from them. They advised us to get there early, before the tour buses, and we could pick any table that was empty in our section. We were among the first to arrive. Every table in our section was empty. HOWEVER, we were told that we had to sit at the table behind a huge floor to ceiling shaft which completely obstructed our view of the stage. After pleading for another table, we were told the only way we could change to another table would be to pay an extra 144 pesos PER PERSON to move. See picture attached for table we were told to sit at. NOTE: My seat was to the left of the shaft in the picture, and the stage was to the right. ( You could say I got shafted). Can you believe this!!! It is bait and switch scam at its best.

2 – A bit later, and still before the show, another couple joined our table. Most of the tables in the theater are long rectangular tables which are perpendicular to the stage. The couple was seated NEXT to one another (side by side). Their preference was to sit facing one another. So, they requested to be seated ACROSS from one another. They had to pay EXTRA to fact each other!!! Same table, still occupying just 2 seats, but had to pay more!!!

3 – At this point, we were beyond suspicious of this show’s rip off scheme. Yet, still another scam took place. As we sat at our table, we noticed many couples went on stage to have their pictures taken with some of the dancers. We were asked, but declined. We then noticed another couple seated further down our table having a discussion with the photographer and the chief “con guy”. We later asked them what was going on. Well it turns out, that this particular couple purchased a package which included a picture with the dancers. HOWEVER, they were told they had to pay EXTRA to have their picture taken on stage. Otherwise the picture could only be taken at the table, which is what they did. I was happy that at least they did not fall victim to another one of the shows many scams.

4 – We were fortunate enough to have transportation provided to us by a resident of Buenos Aires both to and from the show. Upon leaving the show and walking to his car, we noticed some shady looking people sitting on the pavement around the cabs. They were not cab drivers. Be advised, if you plan on taking a cab after the show, it does not look safe. Try to have your pick up prearranged, or better yet, DON’T GO!!!!

I would urge you to find another tango show, as this is a tourist trap, with an obvious scheme to rip of its one time tourist customers. AVOID THIS SHOW AT ALL COSTS. If you do go despite this true account of our experience, BEWARE, and BE PREPARED to be ripped off, and taken advantage of.
This show, or should I say scam, was a very unpleasant experience. The word “SUCKER” is still ringing in my ears as they are probably laughing all the way to the bank. Once again, do yourself a favor and SKIP Madero Tango , or should I say Madero Rip off!!

Finally, after 10 days in Argentina, this was the worst meal we had, and we dined out every night!!

5 Thank Goway
31 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 196 helpful votes
“Great experiene, great food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 15, 2012 via mobile

The food was xceptional and the shoe was very nice. If you want a pivate Tango lesson at the end of the show,
This is the place to visit.