“Tango lessons at Caseron Porteno”

Caseron Porteno B&B
Ranked #43 of 257 Buenos Aires B&B and Inns
Reviewed February 26, 2014

My two and a half weeks at Caseron Porteno was extremely enjoyable. The room was comfortable and well appointed and didn't become too hot even though it was the height of summer. The maid and breakfast service were fine and the staff were always friendly and helpful. The house itself and the surrounding area, within easy reach of Palermo Hollywood and some excellent restaurants, was attractive and atmospheric. Finally, my private lessons with Maya Gaillard were some of the most detailed and demanding, but always encouraging dance classes I have ever had. Her approach was both artistically and pedagogically most impressive, focussing on what I had already learnt a year ago in Buenos Aires and later here in Seoul, and then analysing, correcting and refining my technique and posture. In addition she has a superior command of English. Wonderful memories!

Room Tip: Rooms facing the courtyard are quieter.
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled solo
1  Thank Stephen P

Reviewed December 26, 2013

Even if not really central, Caseron Porteno is a very nice place with a room to practice Tango.
Staff is really nice and helpful.
We'll go back next year.
We just recomend to give a bit more variety in breakfast for people staying long.
The atmosphere is friendly.

Room Tip: All rooms seems good.
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 21, 2013

I loved my stay here! Alejandra and Nico were both extremely helpful and obliging, whether it was to check something on the internet, call up to inquire about a show or anything else where help was needed.
The living area and terrace upstairs were nice places to relax after a long day of sightseeing.
Unfortunately I couldn't make it to the free tango classes, but I heard they were good.
I'd definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: November 2013
1  Thank dnesha
Reviewed October 21, 2013

I stayed here for 2 weeks in July during their winter, so I didn't get to sit outside very often in their pretty courtyard. The hosts, Daniel and Cynthia were very helpful and nice and Emiliano and Alexandra were always available to help me. I was a solo traveler for the first week of my stay and I felt very safe and was able to navigate the city easily with all the tips they gave me. The free tango lessons were great and I would definitely recommend taking part in them. I had a nice, quiet room facing the courtyard would absolutely stay here again.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank doni1313
Reviewed September 28, 2013

It has a nice court inside, in a day it is warm with sunshine. We spent 2 nights in this hotel, and enjoyed Buenos Aires. The hosts were really kind for us, giving a city map, telling recommend places, and serving warm breakfast. They seemed to be our family. Security is also good, so we felt relieved even if in the unsafe city.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 5, 2013

We stayed for 7 nights and enjoyed every minute. Caseron Porteno is well situated for the underground and taxis. The area is friendly and safe with restaurants and supermarkets very close, over the road in fact. The staff are helpful and friendly , we did not take any of the Tango lessons but they were available.
The breakfast was good and the rooms were very clean and comfortable, th seperate bathroom was OK and not inconvenient. The kitchen was open all of the time and well appointed.
We would definitely stay again.

Room Tip: The rooms at the front are noisy due to outside traffic but did not prevent a good nights sleep
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 1, 2013

It's a very warm and friendly place - with a homely feel. Room was basic but sufficient, separate but private bathroom bit on the small side - we stayed in the most basic room as we were only there for one day and superior rooms weren't available for such short bookings during that time. Breakfast was again basic but good and more than enough. Serene garden. Convenient location - close to subway and buses. Alejandra is extremely nice and helpful - apart from feeding us and settling us in, she also planned our day, drew it all out on the map with directions for alternative transport, and changed our notes so we could pay for the buses which only take coins. Tango lesson was brilliant, fantastic teacher! Thoroughly enjoyed it. Other residents were also very friendly and chatty, more so than anywhere else we stayed on our 3 week trip, which added to the homely feel.

Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
gawci, Propietario at Caseron Porteno B&B, responded to this reviewResponded July 4, 2013

Dear guest,
Thanks for your nice and sincere opinion.
We just wanted to let you know that after you left we renovated the whole hotel, with new furniture and equipment in all rooms. New box springs and mattresses, new closets, new desks, lamps, and even new bed sheets and quilts! We also repainted the entire house and rooms.
So we hope that you come to visit us again in the furture and enjoy our improved rooms.
Best regards,