“Worth every minute, every dime!”
Review of Yuyu Tango

Yuyu Tango
Ranked #270 of 848 things to do in Buenos Aires
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: Yuyú Herrera represents the traditional mixture of cultures from the Rio de la Plata region of Argentina. Born in Buenos Aires, from an Argentine mother and Uruguayan father, from creole grandparents and immigrants, she grew up with the rhythm of tango and candombe, the culture of both river banks. Her first steps were dancing to the beat of the drums and dancing tango standing on the feet of her father in the old family parties. The young Yuyú studied Sociology, Music, Theatre, Folckore Dances and Afro roots of music and dance. As an adult she returned to tango in the Milongas, learning from the embrace of the old milongueros. To prefect her tango, she studied various kinds of movement technique and tango, milonga and vals with renowned teachers. As a result of her knowledge and experience, she has developed her own style of dancing and teaching methods. Yuyú Herrera has been danced and teaching professionally since 2000.
Useful Information: Bathroom facilities
Reviewed April 15, 2015 via mobile

My husband and I were recommended to take tango lessons with Yuyu to improve our dance. She is absolutely delightful not to mentioned how knowledgeable and passionate she is about tango.
She is able to teach not only the leader's part but also the follower, my husband was a bit concerned at the beginning and he was blown away about her technique.
We recommend her to anybody regardless of your level of dancing, she can totally tailor your lessons accordingly.
We took a 5 lesson program and we are so happy in how much we have improved.
We can't wait to come back to see her!
Cinthya

1  Thank Cinbo

Reviewed March 3, 2015

My first visit to Buenos Aires was highlighted by daily tango lessons in follower technique.
Yuyu's teaching methods, encouraged my body to really, truly understand the feeling of Tango movement. Now my muscles remember!

There is no school to learn how to shape the forms of our dreams ; save our own body's intelligence and persistence to dive into our very self.

Thank you Yuyu for your expert guidance; I will see you again soon!

Reviewed December 1, 2014

Yuyu is not just a dance teacher, she is the kind of person you rarely meet and when you encounter someone like that you thank your lucky stars, because the things she taught us are life-changing. She should do dance therapy or couples' therapy, because things she says are applicable in life and relationships. A teacher with a good knowledge of how the body works, mind-body connection, energy, life experience and good English - I also heard Yuyu had developed a special program to teach Tango for visually impaired people, and I am not surprised she does things like that, her expertise and wisdom are priceless. If you have a chance, take a class or two from Yuyu, it doesn't matter if you have any dance experience or if you never intend to become a real tango dancer, it's just that through Tango you can happen to learn new things about yourself, your body, your life, your partner. I'm really grateful I had an opportunity to meet her and learn from her and I'll be happy to do it again.

1  Thank YuliaGR
Reviewed November 17, 2014

Yuyu is a tangoteacher with a deep knowledge of the "bodymind" and she is able to pinpoint both the technical, physical and also the subtle, more emotional, issues to work on. I took 2 lessons in 2007 that lingered with me and helped me develop my tango, for a long time. And of course, now, 7 years later, when visiting Buenos Aires again, I contacted her again, to get some new input for the neverending tangowork.
Lena, Physical therapist, Stockholm

See more reviews
Reviewed November 17, 2014

We had a wonderful tango class with Yuyu. She made the class a lot of fun while providing a good explanation and demonstration of the total experience of tango in addition to the steps. The other people in the class spoke only Spanish and we and one other person spoke only English, but Yuyu was able to make it all work. YuYu was the only one who spoke both languages. But we all understood everything using her explanations in both languages, and demonstrations and skillful suggestions. All the students were able to work together by showing movements and steps, even without a common language.

We are looking forward to more lessons with YuYu on our next trip to Argentina.