TripAdvisor
Post
Inbox
Search
Review Highlights
Worth every minute, every dime!

My husband and I were recommended to take tango lessons with Yuyu to improve our dance. She is... read more

Reviewed April 15, 2015
Cinbo
Sarasota, Florida
via mobile
Fell in love with Tango and Yuyu's teaching style!

Reviewed December 1, 2014

from $117.50
from $28.60
from $130.00
More Info
See what travelers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed December 1, 2014

Yuyu is not just a dance teacher, she is the kind of person you rarely meet and when you encounter someone like that you thank your lucky stars, because the things she taught us are life-changing. She should do dance therapy or couples' therapy, because things she says are applicable in life and relationships. A teacher with a good knowledge of how the body works, mind-body connection, energy, life experience and good English - I also heard Yuyu had developed a special program to teach Tango for visually impaired people, and I am not surprised she does things like that, her expertise and wisdom are priceless. If you have a chance, take a class or two from Yuyu, it doesn't matter if you have any dance experience or if you never intend to become a real tango dancer, it's just that through Tango you can happen to learn new things about yourself, your body, your life, your partner. I'm really grateful I had an opportunity to meet her and learn from her and I'll be happy to do it again.

1  Thank YuliaGR
Reviewed November 17, 2014

Yuyu is a tangoteacher with a deep knowledge of the "bodymind" and she is able to pinpoint both the technical, physical and also the subtle, more emotional, issues to work on. I took 2 lessons in 2007 that lingered with me and helped me develop my tango, for a long time. And of course, now, 7 years later, when visiting Buenos Aires again, I contacted her again, to get some new input for the neverending tangowork.
Lena, Physical therapist, Stockholm

Reviewed November 17, 2014

We had a wonderful tango class with Yuyu. She made the class a lot of fun while providing a good explanation and demonstration of the total experience of tango in addition to the steps. The other people in the class spoke only Spanish and we and one other person spoke only English, but Yuyu was able to make it all work. YuYu was the only one who spoke both languages. But we all understood everything using her explanations in both languages, and demonstrations and skillful suggestions. All the students were able to work together by showing movements and steps, even without a common language.

We are looking forward to more lessons with YuYu on our next trip to Argentina.

Reviewed May 8, 2014

yuyu is a wonderful teacher. full of energy and delight. i love her approach and style. she is a delight.

Date of experience: August 2013
Reviewed April 17, 2014

I first came to Buenos Aires to study Tango in 2005. Since then I have studied with many of the fine teachers there. Certainly one of the very best is Yuyu. For me there is no one more perceptive, creative, and fun to work with.

Date of experience: March 2014