TripAdvisor
Post
Inbox
Search
Review Highlights
Worth every minute, every dime!

My husband and I were recommended to take tango lessons with Yuyu to improve our dance. She is... read more

Reviewed April 15, 2015
Cinbo
Sarasota, Florida
via mobile
Tango & the Dance of Life With Yuyu

My first visit to Buenos Aires was highlighted by daily tango lessons in follower technique... read more

Reviewed March 3, 2015

from $117.50
from $28.60
from $130.00
More Info
See what travelers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed November 17, 2014

Yuyu is a tangoteacher with a deep knowledge of the "bodymind" and she is able to pinpoint both the technical, physical and also the subtle, more emotional, issues to work on. I took 2 lessons in 2007 that lingered with me and helped me develop my tango, for a long time. And of course, now, 7 years later, when visiting Buenos Aires again, I contacted her again, to get some new input for the neverending tangowork.
Lena, Physical therapist, Stockholm

Date of experience: November 2014
Reviewed November 17, 2014

We had a wonderful tango class with Yuyu. She made the class a lot of fun while providing a good explanation and demonstration of the total experience of tango in addition to the steps. The other people in the class spoke only Spanish and we and one other person spoke only English, but Yuyu was able to make it all work. YuYu was the only one who spoke both languages. But we all understood everything using her explanations in both languages, and demonstrations and skillful suggestions. All the students were able to work together by showing movements and steps, even without a common language.

We are looking forward to more lessons with YuYu on our next trip to Argentina.

Date of experience: November 2014
Reviewed May 8, 2014

yuyu is a wonderful teacher. full of energy and delight. i love her approach and style. she is a delight.

Date of experience: August 2013
Reviewed April 17, 2014

I first came to Buenos Aires to study Tango in 2005. Since then I have studied with many of the fine teachers there. Certainly one of the very best is Yuyu. For me there is no one more perceptive, creative, and fun to work with.

Date of experience: March 2014
1  Thank 6edw
Reviewed March 8, 2014

I was given Yuyu's name as a tango teacher. She was wonderful. In 90 minutes we covered the basic steps and, although she said it takes 10 years to learn, we went through the basic steps then put them all together and it worked. We then danced freestyle using combinations of the steps and it all came together.

Yuyu taught me balance and movement and how to communicate to your partner. and now I listen to tango music differently.

Sadly I flew home the next day. I will book a lesson every day I am next in BA.

After only 90 minutes I left convinced I could go out on the floor and have a wonderful time. Yuyu gave me great confidence and I am planning my next trip to BA already. Many thanks Yuyu, I now understand the fascination with this wonderful dance.

Best wishes....George Wrey