We spent 3 nights in this hostel in April 2012.
The location is good, (few blocks from the heart of Palermo), the hostel looks very pretty, an old house well renovated and decorated with good taste.
We booked per email and it was till the last day quite impossible to get the clear confirmation - we finally got our room without any problem.
The room we had (n°8) is quite good but located just above the hall and this was very noisy during the night when people go to bed and wait in the lobby (especially once at 12pm) when people went out and waited for their friends in the lobby.
The staff is very polite and nice but according to us, they should take care more of their guests. We had 2 bad experiences:
- we asked them to order a taxi at 5am (to go to Aeroparque airport). It had obviously never been done and we finally got a taxi at 5:20am after asking the night guy to order one.
- we wanted to come back for 2 nights after our journey in Argentina before flying back to Europe. We asked the hotel staff to book then 2 additional nights. Once we went back - late in the evening - they told us that the booking was not done at the correct dates and then "unfortunately there were no room available for the nights". The french boss almost ignored us, mentioned that we gave the wrong dates (which we don't think), he just offered us to use the guest laptop to find another hotel on booking.com. After finding one in the neighborhoods ( a little bit more expensive but really good - Aura Suites Boutique Hotel) , he just mentioned that we were lucky to have found (Palermo has a high demand) and neither offered to pay the taxi to get there or to take over any price difference.
Conclusion: nice place to stay but don't trust them and double ask the confirmation. Difficult to trust them.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- HOTEL COSTA RICA mix the warmness of home with Palermo's style. 3 blocks away from the heart of Palermo Soho, internationally as the epicenter of night life. It counts with 25 rooms warmly decorated that invite you to have a rest after the city tour you must do.Enjoy the sun, magical sunrises on the roof and the magic of the nights in our bar sharing drinks and moments with other guests. That make the charm of our Hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com and Priceline so you can book your Hotel Costa Rica reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Costa Rica Hotel
- Costa Rica Buenos Aires
- Hotel Costa Rica Buenos Aires