“Excellent place to stay” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of St. Nicholas Hostel

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Buenos Aires
St. Nicholas Hostel
Buenos Aires, Argentina
“Excellent place to stay”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 19, 2011

Hi, my name is Galina Qader and I am a traveller from Australia. At the moment, I am staying in St. Nicholas Hostel and I like it very much.

I found this hostel by accident 11 days ago while looking for an affordable place to stay.

The service I have been receiving is excellent. The staff is very friendly; the price is affordable for budget travellers like me. The hostel provides the guests with breakfast, free Internet connection; hot water runs 24 hours a day, a crash course in Spanish, etc.

I am staying at the dorm. The room is quite big and it has the lockers for keeping personal belongings safely. I like the room very much because it’s quite comfortable and warm in winter.

The location of the hostel is very good because it’s in the center of the city. Public transport is easily accessible (there are bus stops and subway stations in the vicinity).

Also, the majority of tourist attractions are within walking distance. I have no problem walking from the hostel to other parts of the city.

In my opinion, the best feature of the hostel is its safety. People feel very safe here.

Also, the staff is very friendly and helpful. They always help when asked for help. The owner is flexible with the prices. The price can be adjusted according to the number of nights one stays there.

The staff always passes the messages when someone tries to get in touch with a person staying in the hostel which is very important too.

I am having an excellent experience in this place (I am planning to stay here for some months).

I strongly believe that travellers need to be aware of the existence of this hostel and they need to be advised that the hostel is very safe and affordable at the same time.

Room Tip: There are private rooms with and without bathrooms. The dorm rooms are big and in most cases not noi...
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled solo
      Sleep Quality
1 Thank Galina Q

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Perth, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 22, 2011

I stayed at St Nicholas for almost a month in April 2011. I would definately recommend it because although it is one of the cheapest hostels in BA, it is really good! the staff were always really helpful and friendly, and everything was always clean.The party the hostel threw on the rooftop area was the best night i had in my time in BA - a lot of great people and many fun times!!! It is also located in the centro area, within walking distance of many attractions and also right next door to an amazing bakery and there is a supermarket one block away and corrientes avenue, a main shopping street is two blocks away.

Stayed April 2011, traveled solo
Buenos Aires
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 5, 2010

Well i have been around the world and back again and i have met lots of diffrent people from all walks of life.But the Hostel has a Air about it that i cant explain.I learnt a Spanish word while been here that best describes the people and the Hostel.Me ENCANTA muito.
Thank you guys for your warm welcome it realy makes the stay at the Hostel very exciting.
Buenos Aires is a noisy place no matter were you go but this is very normal.The welcome that you guys show us and the family feeling over comes all the noise realy it does.Well done and Congratulations to you all.You are doing a gooooooood job.
My rating for you guys is 9,999,999 on a scale of 10.All that is short is breakfast been opened until 12HOO when i get up LOL and not at 11H05 LOL.Good job Dudes! Be proud for what you guys have accomplished.Dont ever be fooled by any one else who tells you diffrently.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple
      Location
      Sleep Quality
      Rooms
1 Thank Carl408
Montevideo, Uruguay
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 26, 2010

We booked a private room with a private bathroom at this hostel and we were paying AR$160 per night. All the private rooms are directly opposite the bar/common area and on the first night the noise from this area was so bad we couldn't sleep - my husband went to reception at midnight to tell the staff and they said they would tell the people to be quiet. At 1am my husband went back to reception because it was still noisy, not to mention the light came into our room and the cigarette smoke too! finally the guests went to bed. The next day we were going to check out (even though we had booked 4 nights) but the staff assured us that quiet hours were 11pm and they would make sure that they were observed. On the 2nd night, as you can imagine, the same issue happened with noise and we once again got no sleep - my husband was back down to reception to inform the staff that the 11pm quiet hours were not being observed. The staff would go upstairs and tell the people to be quiet but this doesn't really work unless you actually close the bar/common area at 11pm! Finally around 1am the people shut up and left. The staff were rude about the issue on the nights it happened but then nice to us the next day. Anyway, we checked out the next day and went to a 3* hotel in town for only AR$20 more per night and it was fabulous! This hostel might be o.k. in the dorm rooms but don't bother paying big money for the private rooms - NOT WORTH IT!

• Stayed January 2010, traveled as a couple