“First class, gorgeous place with wonderful, handsome people!!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Buenos Aires
Recoleta Guest House
Ranked #96 of 274 Buenos Aires B&B and Inns
Nashville, Tennessee
“First class, gorgeous place with wonderful, handsome people!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 25, 2011

The elegance of the house itself is staggereingly beautiful!! The gentleman that owns it & his assistant are very helpful, knowledgeable & handsome!!! It is in an excellent location, very safe & it has the feel of a French chateau!! The breakfast is absolutely excellent...better than what I had in both Brazil & Uruguay!!! It is first class all the way, but very affordable!! Treat yourself to the Recoleta Guest House..do NOT DENY yourself!!! It is Buenes Aires at its best!!

Room Tip: All the rooms were excellent!!
  • Stayed March 2011, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
palo alto
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 18, 2011

We spent about 5 nights in the Recoleta Guest House and felt very fortunate to have found this gem in one of the nicest and quietest neighborhoods of Buenos Aires. Since it is on a uncongested street, there was no street noise so sleeping was a dream. Breakfast was delicious and substantial and the company of the other guests and staff made it delightful. All the staff were very helpful and accommodating. We were walking distance to nearly any main Buenos Aires site and to the local (not EZE) airport. And just doors away we found what we thought was the best restaurant in town "Vinos y Sabores". Recoleta Guest House is a home, not a hotel and that's what make it so special. We highly recommend it! (And we've stayed in other Buenos Aires hotels)

2 Thank wtkuehnl
Santa Barbara
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 3, 2011

I returned to to Recoleta House for my second visit. The family and staff are extremely helpful and a pleasure to deal with. From figuring bus routes, to choosing a place to shop or see a tango show, they will help with every detail. Their resaurant recommenations are always superb. I enjoyed chatting with the other travellers and the breakfast served on the antique dinning table in a lovely setting. This place is well-priced and on a quiet safe street. They also offer free internet and use of a local phone.

Room Tip: All the rooms are spacious with private baths
  • Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank bradpaden
San Francisco
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 26, 2011

This is a very nice simple lodging. It is run by a wonderful family. Students run the breakfast in the morning. You can use the microwave for your tea. You can put your label on your food and use the refrig. English is spoken. It is clean. Free internet on second floor of the building.I did get many mosquito bites. They know it is a problem and have a mosquito repellent device in the room. It is they only place in Argentina I got multiple bites. My room was spacious with a TV. Small in room safe included. The living room has a stereo that I played a new CD I bought. It was nice of them to let me hear the music. The living room can be used at your leisure and the dining room for your meals if you bring in take out. My room was the only one on the ground floor and next to patio where people would gather and smoke. That was really the only problem I would say was the smoking and talking on the patio that would come in my room. I wish they had double pane windows that would cut the noise and smoking smell. Every day I had to keep my window closed to find the cleaning lady would open it up when I got back from my touring.I had to keep the curtain closed for privacy since from the patio one can look in the room.
Otherwise I loved the place. It was safe. I would walk up a block for the bus or 4 block for the metro. I would stay here in a second with the warm hospitality and ease of use with a key to come in at anytime.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled solo
1 Thank irishtea3
Shawnigan Lake, BC
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 6, 2011

We highly recommend this small hotel in Recoleta. It is situated in a quiet, safe neighborhood with lots of restaurants and cafes in the area. Close to many tourists attractions. Very clean, includes A/C, WiFi and a good breakfast all at a very reasonable price. Rodolfo, the owner, and Beltran, his right hand man, both speak very good English and are extremely helpful with planning your stay in Buenos Aires. We stayed here for 4 nights at the beginning of our trip and again at the end and would certainly stay here again the next time we're in Buenos Aires. Highly recommended.

1 Thank rccranger
Spring Lake, MI
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 1, 2011

Small B&B (6 rms) in a safe upscale district of Buenos Aires. The staff speaks several languages and will bend over backwards to assist you and make your stay in BA enjoyable.
Breakfast was homemade bread, jams, rolls, juice and even an omelett. All rooms have a private bath and are clean and neat and very affordable. Restuarants and taxi's are nearby.

I would highly reccommend this place to anyone.

1 Thank skb3840SpringLake_MI
Long Beach, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 11, 2011

I love this place! What a beautiful home and what a warm, welcoming family and staff. I arrived in Buenos Aires on an overnight bus, and was so grateful that Recoleta Guest House was able to accommodate me with an early check-in. E-mail correspondence with Rodolfo was clearly-worded, polite, and professional. Upon arrival I was immediately greeted by Marcos, who visited with me and offered me a cold beverage while I relaxed in the charming living room. I was then thrilled to be taken to my very large room and en-suite bathroom. If it hadn't been my last two days to explore the city, I would have wanted to stay and relax at the guesthouse. The room felt like home - it would be ideal for a lengthy visit. Breakfast was delicious and included local jams and homemade bread. I even called on my way to the airport due to a miscommunication with the taxi driver and was provided with translation and reassurance by the nice girl who was working there in the evenings (I'm so sorry to have forgotten her name). It goes above and beyond to provide such service to someone after they have already checked out. I only hope I can return to Buenos Aires and stay in Recoleta Guest House longer. The location was ideal and the accommodation was just my style.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled solo