“Okay hotel, very nice staff”
Review of BA Central Hotel

BA Central Hotel
Ranked #184 of 447 Hotels in Buenos Aires
Oslo
“Okay hotel, very nice staff”
Reviewed January 5, 2013 via mobile

I stayed here for 5 nights during new years. The hotel matches the price perfectly, without that beeing negative.

The rooms are nice, alltough a bit dated. Air condition, shower and tv, pretty much all you need. The internetbaccess started out pretty poor on the 5th floor, so I asked to be moved to a room with better access - this was no problem at all, and the internet access now is actually very good.

The staff here is very nice and helpfull, they alone would probably make me book here again. Also the location is good, neigborhood seems safe and there is no problem walking home alone at night.

One thing, be sure to get a king size bed if possible. The standard one-person beds are realy small, to narrow (not so wide). I talked to a couple of other guests and they said the same thing.

Good value, i would stay here again.

Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
  • Hebrew first
Lismore
Reviewed January 5, 2013 via mobile

Arrived in the evening from Sydney, receptionist spoke English and directed us to a restaurant 4 blocks away - there was supposed to a restaurant in the hotel but not now. It turned out this was the only member of staff who spoke English, room was very basic with the noisiest toilet I have ever heard. Could even hear it flush by the lift 10 rooms away! The bathroom door lock tended to trap you in or out of the bathroom, asked a Spanish speaker to speak to the receptionist but no action. Breakfast was scrambled eggs, pastries, cheeses, ham, and bread and a broken toaster. As well as the restaurant they advertise a bar, health club and massages none of which seem to exist. Wi-fi patchy not availabe our room but was in our hallway.

• Stayed December 2012
1 Thank SuzieLismore

Travelers are raving about these Buenos Aires hotels

Staten Island, New York
Reviewed November 30, 2012

I have been at this hotel many times before, and I always had good things to say about its staff....but this time things have changed, I am very sorry to say! I was very surprised that the breakfast was so disorganized, when times before was excellent. So I asked what happened and the hotel manager explained that before it was under a concession, and the contract ended and they (hotel management) decided not to renew it. So now it was "miss-managed" by the manager and his "right hand" as he called him, and one waiter that the only thing he knew very well was to talk in Portuguese, and only to the pretty young girls, the rest of the guests he ignored! One day the lights went out on the block. So they decided to close the breakfast room even dough we saw pastries on the table. It would have been a nice gesture to serve the pastries to the guests, because it was raining very hard to go looking for a restaurant. But instead the waiter hide them and later served them to their own staff!!!! That looked very cheap!!! Upon check-out we asked to speak to management about that missing breakfast and he refused to talk to us!!!! The rest of the staff is very friendly and attentive to every need you have, but it is a shame that they work under such an incompetent management!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Valijaslistas
McKinney, Texas
Reviewed September 22, 2012

I stayed here just for one night between my flight into Buenos Aires and out to Iguazu the next morning. The staff was very helpful, even with my poor Spanish.

The room was ok. The bed was comfy, the wifi worked great, and I even managed to find a couple of TV stations that were in Engish (with Spanish subtitles to help me with my Spanish) :)

The rooms are a little dated, and if you're looking for 5-Star, this definitely isn't it, but it was clean and did the trick.

One thing that would have made my stay a little better was if the front desk had a basic tourist map of BA. I arrived on a red-eye flight into BA, so at 10 am, my room wasn't ready, which I was prepared for, but it would have been nice to have even one of those cheesy little cartoon maps to help me get my bearings while I wandered around waiting for my room to be ready.

I did come back at 12, even though check-in wasn't until 3. My room wasn't quite ready but they were very nice and directed me to a couch in the lobby, and my room was ready about 10 minutes later.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank coug_chick18
Brisbane
Reviewed August 11, 2012

I stayed at this hotel for 9 nights. Staff were very helpful and friendly, and although the room was basic, it was comfortable and clean. Centrally located and convenient. Friends stayed in another three star hotel with better room service, but not such friendly staff. Personalized and warm atmosphere. I would stay there again.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank MaggsBrisbane
Perth, Australia
Reviewed July 26, 2012

We stayed at this hotel last May and its possibly the worst hotel we have ever experienced internationally, the rooms were dirty and the bedspreads were smelly, the bathroom was old and in all we had to endure 4 nights! We would not advise it a prefered place to stay, at night the area was very noisy at times felt not safe.
The staff spoke limited english and weren't that friendly. Our standards were possibly to high for what our travell agent had advised us off. Please consider other hotels this was the pitts!!

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
3 Thank katie m
Staten Island, New York
Reviewed April 26, 2012

I stayed at this hotel several different times and the staff is ALWAYS excellent, and I also noticed that they are like this with every guest, I only have good things to say about them because they go out of their way to help the tourists, and they make you feel that you are surrounded by a friendly atmosphere! I cannot understand the only one bad review of Snowbird of Costa Rica, but I think he had mistaken this hotel for another, because he refers to the "carpet being iffy" and The Central Hotel Best Western do not have carpeted rooms, they all have shiny ceramic floors!

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with family