“February 2012 Visit”

Ranked #377 of 445 Hotels in Buenos Aires
London, United Kingdom
“February 2012 Visit”
Reviewed March 15, 2012

Family visit last month and we had a suite. Great to have the 2 rooms and plenty of space for us and our two children (one was 4 and the other was 18 months old). Would definitely return.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
New York City, New York
Reviewed January 14, 2012

I recently had a fantastic stay at the Soho All Suites in Buenos Aires. Lets face it, if you're on TripAdvisor you're probably like me... you're overwhelmed at where to stay because it's a new country you've never been to and maybe you don't speak the language and you don't know if it's a good area of town and it can all be very confusing. And to be honest, sometimes there is very little that distinguishes one hotel from the next. So I focused on three things:

1) LOCATION
I knew from my research that Palermo Soho was the "best" area in BA, so I had limited my search to this zone. And that certainly rang true... it is very very safe, with very cool restaurants, clubs, bars, coffee shops, and boutique shopping. But I didn't know from maps if I should be closer to the park, or somewhere else. Let me say that this hotel is in the PERFECT location. It is quiet at night, but everything you want to get to, including Palermo Hollywood, was steps away. It really is ground zero for the best area.

2) VALUE
You want dirt, dirt cheap? Then stay at a hostel or take your chances at the lowest possible hotel and see how your experience is. You want the 5 star luxury? Then stay at the Four Seasons and you probably don't need this review. For me, this hotel was a great balance of value for the money. Make sure to check out booking.com for rates.

3) AMENITIES
First off, the room I stayed in was 400sf. To put that in perspective, that's the size of my apartment in Manhattan, so I was happy. It was clean and modern and offered a kitchen and fridge, which we used for heating steak leftovers. Next, I was hear for work and play. When I needed WiFi, they had 10 different router options. Might not be a big deal for some, but it was for me. It is also 1.5 blocks from a "co-working" space called Urban Station if you are working remotely and need fax, phone, etc in an "office" setting. Next, the roofdeck is really cool and I hung out in the jacuzzi several times. The free breakfast is great, and the staff was very accommodating.

So there you have it... I wish someone had told me "just stay at this place" and I had spent less time on all my hours of research. Would definitely stay here again during my next stay.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with friends
4 Thank David G
Australia
Reviewed January 5, 2012

If you like to be surounded by trendy funky shopping and excellent cafes and restaurants, then this is the place to stay. Well appointed spacious and quiet rooms.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 30, 2011

The Soho All Suites was a fantastic hotel. The front desk staff helped us with dinner reservations and bent over backwards to help us when we had flight issues, including giving us a room to sleep in for a few hours (after we checked out!). Their attention to their guests was fantastic!

Our room was perfect for our family. We had two rooms and a living room and small kitchen. Lots of space for the four of us.

The location is great for shopping and eating. Would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed December 2011
1 Thank KerrySF
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed October 25, 2011

This is a great Hotel in a great location. The breakfast was delicious and the staff very helpful. The only down side for me may have been the room/suite I had. Room 302. The room backs on to the elevator and so can be a bit noisy. Especially with people banging the elevator door all the time. Also the Flat Screen TV, which is very nice is mounted so you can only watch it from the bed. When you are in small suites, with a living area with a couch this seemed a bit odd and impractical. Not all rooms are this configuration however. Also the grout in the bathroom is looking a little moldy, the place was clean but dirty grout on white tiles always makes it look scummy.

Room Tip: Possibly not rooms that end i a 2 as i think these are the ones backing onto the elevator.
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled solo
Los Angeles
Reviewed October 18, 2011

I stayed at Soho while doing a two-week job in BA. I was in a comfortable, large suite with modern electronics and good A/C. I found the location terrific - lots of great restaurants within a few blocks, and a couple of fun clubs very close by if you want to unwind on the dance floor. Every morning started with a very good breakfast of fresh ingredients, and I found the staff friendly, sincere, and helpful.

But the best was when I left - I accidentally left behind my coveted noise-canceling headphones and returned to L.A. without them. The manager Walter and his staff worked diligently and quickly to get everything back to me safely. This wasn't easy, because I was traveling and difficult to get in touch with, but they were infinitely patient with my schedule. This integrity and high-level customer service sets them apart in my mind. I look forward to my return!

• Stayed March 2011, traveled on business
Itacare, BA
Reviewed September 9, 2011

Great location. The hotel is modern and comfortable, staff very professiona, breakfast is very good. I highly recommend it.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with friends