“Cosy and well-located B&B”

and 1 more site!
Palermo Viejo Bed & Breakfast
Ranked #11 of 256 Buenos Aires B&B and Inns
Reviewed September 28, 2013

I stayed 5 nights at Palermo Viejo B&B. I decided on the place based on the TripAdvisor reviews that I read. Once again, TripAdvisor helped me choose another amazing place!

Ariel (the owner) responded patiently to many emails I sent before my arrival. He was there to greet me when I arrived on a rainy Sunday night. During my stay, he was very helpful giving tips about where to go and to eat.

The B&B is very clean and I stayed in the red room. It was big with en-suite bathroom, cleaned daily and spotless. There was even a goodie bag with soap, shampoo, and sponges. I had never had this before in a B&B. Nice!

Breakfast was plentiful and delicious, with cereals, coffee, tea, bread, medialunas, yoghurt, jams, dulce de leche, and fresh fruit.

The location was very good, lots of buses nearby to go into town (though the subte stop is a few blocks away). There were lots of nice restaurants just around the corner (I recommend El Calden for delicious Argentine food), and even two famous milongas, La Viruta and Salon Canning, for tango lovers one block and half away.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
There are newer reviews for Palermo Viejo Bed & Breakfast

Reviewed September 18, 2013

Stayed 3 nights. Comfortable, stylish rooms. Very good generous breakfast: fruit, eggs, yoghurt bread/croissants, cereal, wide variety of spreads including every tasty dulce de leche. Ariel extremely helpful, with good local advice about money changing, wine, sights. Palermo good area to stay, nice shops/restaurants. Safe location without the hustle of Microcentro.

Easy access via the Subte (underground) to centre town, 2.5 pesos each way using SUBE cards (ask Ariel).

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 28, 2013

This was a great location. We stayed here for 3 nights (in 2 different rooms as we originally just booked for 2 nights but had to stay longer). We booked an airport transfer with Ariel and arrived without problems. The rooms are very clean and comfortable - I can't see anyone having any problems with the rooms at all. It's located within a quiet residential area but adjacent to a major street and within walking distance to the centre of Soho area.

We met some younger guests (like ourselves) and some older guests (around our grandparents' age) and it was fun having breakfast and chatting to them. The breakfast was decent - toast, eggs, fruit, juice, coffee and yoghurt. I like having large breakfast so it was on the smaller side for me but acceptable - this is not a complaint, just an opinion.

After a night out, I still felt safe walking back to this B&B in this area. There are lots of restaurants & bars around and walking is probably the best way to get around this area.

Ariel was very helpful - in person and through emails. He gave us maps and explained where the interesting areas and good restaurants were. Also, I wish I had emailed him my questions regarding money and currency in Argentina before I left, it would have saved me some money, time and stress. He's friendly and is a good source of information.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed August 20, 2013

We stayed at the Palermo Viejo B&B for 3 nights in July and had a fantastic time. There were 3 of us, so we decided to book the loft room, which was great! There was one double bed upstairs and two twin beds downstairs. Great room design with the sink separate from the rest of the bathroom, which made getting ready with 3 girls much, much easier! :) This is a great location for good restaurants, bars, tango dancing and night life. It's a bit of a walk from the train, but we didn't mind...the best way to get to know a new city is to walk, right?

Breakfast was good with a nice selection of fruit, yogurt, bread, jam, egg, coffee and tea. Ariel was very helpful with suggestions, arranging transportation and directions. We would stay here again on our next visit!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed August 2, 2013

I'm normally don't write reviews but this time I decided this place deserved my first one. Been staying at hostels, tired of the noise and party at any time, here I could find the peace needed after a long trip throughout SouthAmerica.
Nice rooms, good shower, good internet access, wifi, and a great breakfast to start the day.
Located in the Palermo Soho area, was very easy to hang out in the neighborhood and have the party outside. The B&B is also close to other neighborhoods and to get to the center you have two subway stations.
All the recommendations provided from the owner were extremely helpful, so don't hesitate to ask what you need to know.
I definetly recommend this place.

Room Tip: Museo Evita Restaurant is amazing.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Vincent T
Reviewed July 31, 2013

This small B&B was the perfect spot from where we could get around BA. Has just a few rooms, so it is very quiet. Not in the heart of Palermo Soho, but in the edge, this saved us from the noise and crowd in the area on the week end just around the corner.
The atmosphere was like living in a traditonal home, old but renewed, basic deco but comfortable with a cozy touch. The personal attention we had for all our needs was covered.
Breakfast was one of the best we had in South America with fresh orange juice, fresh fruit which is weird in Argentina plus many other options. They even offered us eggs, cooked in several ways (scrambled eggs, hard-boiled, etc) everyday.
We really enjoyed staying there.

Room Tip: Ask for restaurant recommendations.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank TommMellos
Reviewed July 25, 2013

We were at this cozy bread and breakfast hotel and had a very good time. People are very nice and helpful . They told us where the best restaurants were around the place and not too expensive. Everything was clean and neat. We highly recommend this hotel that is only at walking distance from some amenities every tourist should see. We hope we can visit this beautiful and friendly country again.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends