“Great place to stay”

Ranked #79 of 445 Hotels in Buenos Aires
San Francisco, California
“Great place to stay”
Reviewed November 6, 2010

The hotel was in a great location, close to the subway and Santa Fe street, with lots of great restaurants and shops around. The rooms were pretty spacious for being in the center of the city, and we really liked the jacuzzi tub that we had in the room. There was a pretty nice hotel bar in the basement (fairly quiet), and the breakfast buffet was very nice. We really liked that breakfast was open all day and the checkout time wasn't til noon, so we could sleep in without worrying.

There was also a very cool cafe/bar a block or two away called Clasica y Moderna that is also a very old bookstore.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
Lisbon - Portugal
Reviewed September 11, 2010

Everything in good level. Nice Hotel, in a central place and very good service.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled on business
Perth, Australia
Reviewed July 29, 2010

First impressions great- efficient, friendly welcome.
Location just OK for sights, good for food, excellent for sleep.
Rooms better than adequate, bed excellent, great water pressure.
Most impressive feature: Staff- outstanding.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple
San Francisco, California
Reviewed July 16, 2010

Great hotel and wonderful staff! Rooms have floor to ceiling windows, and great views, especially from the higher floors. Comfortable beds! Breakfast was great, and served all day and night.

The hotels recommendations for dining outside were great, and were very much locally oriented without directing me to touristy places. Definitely want to stay here again on my next trip!

• Stayed July 2010, traveled on business
Louisville, KY
Reviewed July 3, 2010

I´ve traveled around the world and have never found a hotel staff more helpful and friendly than the one at the Design CE. I was traveling with a university group, and we stayed nine nights -- long enough to see the cracks if they were going to appear. None did.

I enjoyed my standard room but was a little envious of my colleagues in the junior suites! Very beautiful rooms. And the location is terrific -- very close to shopping and dining.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled on business
San Diego
Reviewed May 26, 2010

We stayed at this hotel for one night at the end of our stay in Buenos Aires because our boutique hotel in Palermo was all booked. The staff was very nice when we arrived, but when we left they asked us if we had taken the bathrobe from the room. We hadn't so we told them "no, we didn't, in fact we never even saw one in the room." We figured that was the end of it, but when I returned home I checked my credit card statement and there was a random $70 charge from the hotel. I first called the hotel to ask about the charge, and they told me to email them. I emailed the hotel 3 times, and never got any response. In the end, I had to dispute it with my credit card company. The hotel ended up sending them a receipt for the amount but it never said for what, nor did the receipt have my signature. Fortunately, my credit card deemed it an unauthorized charge, and I now have a new card. All in all though it was a BIG freakin' pain in my butt . The hotel is in a great location, but this place clearly can't be trusted; stay elsewhere!

• Stayed April 2010, traveled as a couple
5 Thank padangSanDiego
USA
Reviewed May 17, 2010

We really enjoyed our stay at CE hotel. The rooms were nicely decorated and the staff was really friendly. Plus Buenos Aires is a great city. I will come back

Stayed March 2007, traveled with family