“absolutely perfect”

Bonito Buenos Aires, San Telmo
Ranked #63 of 256 Buenos Aires B&B and Inns
Reviewed October 22, 2013

we loved, loved, loved this place. everything about it! it's location in san telmo was perfect. all of the staff were so warm, friendly and helpful. the buidling is gorgeous, the rooms (we stayed in 2 different rooms) are very cool and very comfortable. breakfast was great - though it was simple, they put so much care into everything from the freshly made cup of coffee to the way the table was laid out. it was all so lovely. really charming and lovely B&B. I would definitely return!

Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Bonito Buenos Aires, San Telmo

Reviewed October 14, 2013

I have seen this quirky hotel online some years ago and I told myself, if I ever go to Buenos Aires one day, for sure I will book this hotel. Indeed, my dream came true. We stayed 4 nights at Hotel Bonito, which turned out amazingly for us. Our cozy room was Martha. We (2 person) love this room for the space, 2x double bed, with high ceiling, lots of lights through the big glass window and the quietness as the only room on 2nd floor at the back of the building so you won't hear any vehicles/traffic noise at all. Window blackout blinds are fitted in the room so was good that every morning we were not woken up by sunrise.

Breakfast was by far the 'BEST' we had throughout our entire holiday in Argentina (we stayed in 4 different hotels both in Buenos Aires & Patagonia). Nothing could compared to this simple yet brilliant basic breakfast. Every morning, breakfast was freshly prepared once we sat down on the dining table. Firstly, we were offered freshly squeezed orange juices, followed by aromatic hot coffee. Then came the freshly toasted brown breads with selection of croissants served with 'HOMEMADE' marmalade jam (which is the best marmalade jam I ever had), fresh cream, butter & dulce de leche. By this stage, I am kind of full. And to finish off, selection of freshly cut fruit platter is served after. Each meal was very simple yet filling. I like the fact, the products quality was very good and the meal was prepared with care, sincerity and love from the team.

For 4 nights, the hotel was very quiet, seems like we were the only guests until our last night we saw others. (happened to be low season period) We love it as we felt like coming home to our own big mansion every evening and have the whole space to ourselves. The hotel is beautifully filled with vintage props, a piano and tastefully decorated. One evening, I cooked in the kitchen. we bought fresh vegetables from the market and fancied a quiet evening dining in.

Yanina & her staff members have been very helpful, friendly & accommodating throughout our entire stay. Yanina even offered to put a T.V. in our room without hesitation. We were delighted that every morning we were able to watch & listen to Spanish MTV while we freshen up.

I would highly recommend this unique little gem. I would definitely stay here again. Thank you so much Yanina & your staff members for making our stay so superb & wonderful. Your hospitality has given us a wonderful & memorable experience.

Room Tip: Room - Martha is the only room on the 2nd floor. Just above the dining room and kitchen. Very easy a...
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank carlvs
Reviewed October 14, 2013

Great location, quiet rooms, comfortable, clean, open access to the kitchen for hot drinks etc. Very charming, helpful host and staff. I can thoroughly recommend this B&B. The staff speak good English and have a good knowledge about Buenos Aires.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 6, 2013

Bonito B&B was extremely welcoming and helpful. The staff had great English and were always willing to give advice and book things for you. The rooms were clean and quirky, although slightly dated now, just needs a touch up to get back to being a brilliant B&B in a fantastic location. The breakfasts were great, more than enough to get you through a full day of site-seeing. The B&B is arranged over several floors, and has a few spiral staircases to negotiate. The roof top terraces were lovely and I'm sure would be amazing in the summer. As in the previous comment, the bathroom in the Wild Dreams room is set up a little strangely if you want to use it after you have showered! I would highly recommend - it was great value, and in a lovely location. Most comfy sofa ever in the reception area.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 22, 2013

It is one of the most quirky, charming places I have ever seen, I think! There are seven rooms, all have both a number and a name – and the names are of the kids in Sound of Music! Marta, Kurt, Liesl and so on. Too cute! The B&B is located in an old building in San Telmo, and is over several floors. I had to climb something like three spiral staircases to get to my room, and then there was another spiral staircase to get to a rooftop terrace. The whole places is filled with little terraces and outdoor spaces. So cute! The breakfast was wonderful and the staff very, very nice. Recommended! Good value for my money as well. The only issue I think would be all the stairs. If you have a lot of luggage it would be difficult with the spiral staircases. I stayed in the Wild Dreams room, which was very nice, but the bathroom was a little tricky. First there is a sink, then a shower, and then the toilet. The shower is separated by a curtain only, which means that after your shower, it is all soaking wet and you will get wet if you go to the toilet.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed April 11, 2013

This is a nice B&B. The staff was very friendly and helpful. The location cannot be beat for the market which was the highlight of our trip. We spent most of the day exploring and watching all the local street performers. We did the whole market from San Telmo all the way to the Palace. The front room is need of repair from what appears to be some water damage. The breakfast was great and the wifi was a bonus. We arrived very early morning from Miami and thought they could at least offer us something to eat or something to drink. We stayed at their sister property on our return trip and I liked it better.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed April 11, 2013

Amazing find. Great value for your pesos. Very helpful staff, great rooms on the roof and nice outside seating area. There are a large number of stairs to the rooms at the top, but the staff are only to willing to take your bags up and down. Good breakfasts to start long days exploring San Telmo. Don't miss the tunnels on Defensa.

Room Tip: Don't be put off by the outside or the area if you arrive late at night.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple