“Excellent hotel, excellent service”
Review of 248 Finisterra

248 Finisterra
Ranked #185 of 444 Hotels in Buenos Aires
Reviewed July 5, 2009

My daughter and I stayed here for 5 nights and it was perfect. The staff is wonderful, attentive without being intrusive. Always helpful and a pleasure to be around - everyone who worked there was. Or room was great, the hotel is impeccably clean and beautifully decorated in a serene, tranquil neutral palate. Our breakfasts were great as well as our one late night "snack" instead of dinner. We were too tired to go out and the staff was more than willing to fix something for us from their kitchen. Free wi-fi was also a great plus. We would definitely return and recommend it to our friends.

• Stayed: June 2009

Reviewed June 19, 2009

My friend and I stayed and 248 Finisterra for three days at the beginning of our trip in Argentina and two nights at the end. The staff was great. They took a personal interest in our comfort and stay. We got to know most of the front desk staff by name. This is a small hotel so it feels very homey after a couple of days. We received great recommendations for local restaurants (although there are great restaurants a step away). Returning after being in Iguaçu and Mendoza felt like coming home. The rooms are not large. I stayed in 4 and 5 which were pretty small but fine for one person. My friend was in 7 which was a smidge larger and I took a peek at 6 and it too was larger. Regardless there are plenty of outdoor spaces that allow you to spread out. The dining/living room area was comfortable as well. A tea was served every afternoon. Breakfast was great with eggs to order or a selection of breads, medialuna & pastries. I would definitively recommend. The neighborhood of Las Canitas is a cute, small neighborhood with great restaurants and lively nightlife; although some noise could be heard on the weekend is was not enough to keep me up. The subway was within a few blocks and cabs were not difficult to hail, although currently there is construction on the road so you will need to be dropped off one to two blocks away and walk the remainder but it appears to be going fast so this is very temporary and will allow the area to be a pedestrian street on the weekends. I loved 248 Finisterra and would definitely return/recommend.

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled with friends
Reviewed May 26, 2009

They say that this greatboutique hotel located in the Heart of Las Cañitas, the neighborhood chosen by those who love excellent cooking!

I dont really know what they meant, as I never deemed cooking to be excellent! - I always enjoyed other people doing it for me! there are some great resturants close to the hotel - and for that reason i loved it!

The fact the hotel only has 9 rooms is another plus, you feel like your more in a house than a hotel, my travel advisor Greg at Chimu adventures told me this was the best place to stay in Buenos Aires, and he is right! - good attention to detail and they will cook your breakfast for you on request - no menu, whatever you like!. Rooms are a little on the small side, but the rest of the hotel (especially the rooftop jacuzzi) more than makes up for that!
One of the better hotels I have stayed in!

• Stayed: February 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 24, 2009

Loved the neighborhood, super convenient, nice boutique hotel. Very clean, helpful staff, and great price. Free internet, decent breakfast, but location for bars and restaurants is hard to top.

Stayed: December 2008, traveled with friends
Reviewed January 26, 2009

Dear travellers,

Pleave avoid this hotel at any cost. In my experience, the owner Pablo, is dishonest and deceitful.

Here is what happened: many months before booking my travel plans in Argentina, I called to reserve rooms here. A week later, I changed my plans and called to cancel. I was told by a representative of Finisterra that my reservation was cancelled. No problem. Or was it...? When January 09' rolled around and I was in Argentina, I realized that 3 nights at Finisterra had been charged to my credit card - AND I NEVER STAYED THERE. When I called to address the situation, the staff was unreceptive. When I finally did reach the owner, Pablo, the owner, refused to return my money. Suffice to say: he is a crook. He bilked me out of several hundred dollars because he could, because he knew I had little recourse to the Argentinian legal system as a tourist.

Argentina is a lovely, lovely country and I hope to return. But avoid this hotel. The owner is a "ladron," as they say in Spanish, a crook.

Stayed: January 2009, traveled on business
248Finisterra, Owner at 248 Finisterra, responded to this reviewResponded March 17, 2009

All our reservation and cancellation are written, as told in our web site, confirmation pages and emails. This is to avoid problems with the misunderstanding and miscommunication. We did receive the writtem info for booking but we did not receive the written info for cancellation. We have sent all this proofs to the Guest and we have billed according to our policy stated in our website and confirmation pages.

Pablo

Reviewed October 31, 2008

My boyfriend and I stayed at the 248 Finisterra for 3 nights at the start of our holiday to Argentina and it was a great way to start. The hotel is in a great location on a quiet, pretty street with lots of bars and restaurants. The staff were excellent and spoke good English and even provided umbrellas when it started to rain while we were using the hot tub!! The breakfast was beautifully presented and very plentiful and the complimentary drink was a nice touch. Rooms were very clean and the hotel on the whole looked good with free internet access.

• Stayed: October 2008, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed August 22, 2008

My wife and I stayed at this hotel for a week on our first trip to Buenos Aires. For weeks, I had combed reviews on TA and elsewhere trying to decide on the best hotel choice. This proved to be the perfect hotel and location for us.

The hotel is charming: a modern renovation of an old house in Las Canitas. The new portions of the building are open, light and airy with a lot of greenery and two outdoor decks. We had one of the larger rooms in the back of the hotel. The room was good sized and nicely furnished in a simple, muted-color boutique hotel style. An outdoor patio was just down a flight of stairs from the room. The bathroom was modern and functional.

I particularly appreciated the public area of this hotel. The breakfast/sitting room was large with a fireplace and T.V. This is the true center of the hotel and we often sat on the couches or at the tables drinking coffee and planning our day. Just off the lobby there was a computer with a fast internet connection.

Breakfasts were excellent: a full array of pastries, cold meats and breads with cooked entrees available on request. Coffee and drinks were provided by the staff throughout the day.

After all my worries--which neighborhood to choose--Las Canitas proved to be ideal. It was full of shops and restaurants and a wonderful place to walk and experience the city. Transportation was relatively easy: taxis (inexpensive) were always available in front of the hotel; the subway was a ten minute walk. Most evenings we just returned to the hotel and picked a local restaurant for dinner. Others have noted that there are a lot of people out on the street near the hotel at night. It's just part of the lively street scene in this part of Buenos Aires and our room (at the back of the hotel) was actually quite quiet.

The hotel staff was wonderful. Everyone went out of their way to be helpful. I couldn't have asked for anything more.

• Stayed: April 2008, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank jeffdoc
248Finisterra, owner at 248 Finisterra, responded to this reviewResponded February 26, 2009

Aside of the abusive insult (ladron,crook), this information is completely false.

Pablo