The 248 Finisterra in Buenos Aires calls itself a 'boutique' hotel, which it self-consciously tries to be. Service is pleasant, almost old-school, breakfast is astounding and the complimentary afternoon tea is a nice touch. The interior is very pleasing, the hotel has a nice library and bar area as well as an outdoor jacuzzi (which I didn't use). The location is in a 'hip' area, albeit a bit outside of the centre, so you'll need a taxi if that is where you want to go.
The only downside in my experience was size / lay-out of my room: I know rooms can be small, but this was extreme. In the room there was a bed and a closet, and no room for even a chair to lay my clothers on (let alone for a desk, whereas I like to make notes). It would have been better to fit a smaller bed. For that reason, even though I quite liked this place, I might try another option if I would go again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- All of the spaces in the hotel are designed for your enjoyment. Inside, there is a sitting room with a fireplace to savor a glass of wine and a good book. Outside, there is a garden, a hardwood deck and a hot tub for star gazing. The building tastefully decorated, mixture of modern city flavor and early XX century furniture, has a fancy and wide lobby bar and snack service. It has an air conditioning / heating system with cutting-edge adjusting technology and a special hermetic closure that ensures a fully soundless environment. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Orbitz, HotelQuickly, Cancelon and TripOnline SA so you can book your 248 Finisterra reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- 248 Finisterra Hotel Buenos Aires
- 248 Finisterra Buenos Aires