“Beautiful & Clean”

Ranked #12 of 447 Hotels in Buenos Aires
Kitchener, Ont Canada
“Beautiful & Clean”
Reviewed June 1, 2014 via mobile

Just returned from buenos Aires Hyatt. What a beautiful place. The rooms were excellent. Everything was remote. The staff was very friendly & knew English. Had breakfast every morning. The Eggs could have been cooked better but overall it was great. The Oakbar is very smokey but it is a cigar bar so if you don't like smoke then don't bother going in there

Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
2 Thank clocky

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (267)
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
minnesota
Reviewed May 30, 2014

I really wanted to give it a 5-star, but something happened that I don't think it's quite right.
Here are the pros:
- exceptionally clean, from the lobby to the hallway, to the bedroom, everywhere is spotless
- exceptional service, nothing is too much to ask, all of them speak very good English (which is rare in Buenos Aires). Doorman Michael really provides superior service.
- the beds are super comfortable
- I love the layout of the bedroom, very functional and chic.
- the environment around the hotel is quiet and residential. However, I wouldn't call it centrally located
- the decor is superb
- food in the restaurant is nothing special, especially the price you have to pay.
My only con is:
- I asked the reception desk to send out 10/11 postcard, I was charged 165 pesos. To this day, none of my friends has received my postcard. I don't know it should take that long ( 6 to 7 weeks ago) for the mail to be delivered or they were never got sent. I was told at the time that they were not being sent by regular post but by a private commercial courier like DHL. Anyhow, I have no idea what happened to those postcards and the postage I paid.

Room Tip: a room facing the garden
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
2 Thank midwestretireee
Hollywood
Reviewed May 28, 2014

This is a friendly hotel with great rooms and service. Its location is fabulous with great restaurants around the neighborhood and walking distance to many sites. Loved sitting outside for breakfast and in the evening for drinks. The gym has great equipment.

Room Tip: Ask for a room higher up for a better view
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank Pippen2012
PDParkHyattBA, General Manager at Palacio Duhau - Park Hyatt Buenos Aires, responded to this review, June 18, 2014
Dear guest,

Warm greetings from Palacio Duhau - Park Hyatt Buenos Aires!

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments. We were delighted to read you have enjoyed your stay with us. Thank you for considering Palacio Duhau – Park Hyatt Buenos Aires as "Excellent Hotel”, this is truly rewarding and gratifying. We will share your comments with the entire team.

We look forward to welcoming you back to our house in the hopefully not too distant future. In the meantime, if I may be of any assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.

With kind regards,

Philippe Frey
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed May 24, 2014

We stayed five nights in this very well located and beautiful hotel. Our room was in the new building and the room was of reasonable size. It was very well appointed. My biggest comment though was on the service. From the front desk to the "turn down" service to the Bellmen, the service was perfect. They were always there to do whatever was needed with a smile and a willingness to do a good job. Recommendations for restaurants worked out perfectly. The turn down maid even wound up my computer cords and put away my shoes. I can't say enough about how welcome we were made to feel in this hotel. OK, if there was any negative it is the learning curve to figure out all of the light switches in the room. I would stay here without hesitation.

Room Tip: Don't even think about driving in this city. A taxi is available at any time and they are very...
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
2 Thank RMG49
PDParkHyattBA, Director of Sales at Palacio Duhau - Park Hyatt Buenos Aires, responded to this review, June 18, 2014
Dear guest,

Greetings from Palacio Duhau Park Hyatt Buenos Aires!

Thank you for choosing our hotel during your recent visit to our city. I delighted to read you have enjoyed your stay with us. Thank you for your positive comments regarding your recent visit, particularly those which commended the professionalism and dedication displayed by the hotel’s staff, this is truly rewarding and gratifying. Your feedback is most valuable for the entire team, as it truly motivates us to continue to work towards providing authentic hospitality to all of our guests, please rest assured I shall pass on your comments to the entire team.

Please, do not hesitate to contact me should you require any assistance and looking forward to welcome you back to our house in a not distance future.

With kind regards,

Lucía Bo
Director of Sales & Marketing
orange county, california
Reviewed May 19, 2014

Loved the staff, service, and room. I'd return in a heartbeat.

Every staff member I encountered were great. Super nice and personable in a professional manner. Always wanting to help and be of assistance.

We were upgraded to the Park Executive suite in the new wing. I had reserved a Junior suite, so this was a great surprise. The room was beautiful and very comfortable.

The housekeeping staff there are AMAZING. They organize and clean up in ways that are totally unexpected (like folding my computer wires neatly). The only bad thing is that it has elevated my expectations for housekeeping at 5* hotels :). I reserved a rollaway (which unlike other hotels where it's complimentary costs $80 per day at the Palacio Duhao). According to my friend who used it said it was just like a bed, and not a normal rollaway. Made me feel better for the cost.

Breakfast was great. The staff left us alone when we needed to be, but always seemed around just when we wanted something. Our first morning, we made it to breakfast right before they were going to close. They were super nice and let us still partake in the full buffet and made-to-order menu. The staff didn't rush us at all, and compared with the subsequent morning when we arrived earlier, treated us with the same pace as if we had arrived earlier.

We left for Perito Moreno and were not going to return to the hotel to stay. However, the hotel left us store our luggage there for 2 nights which was so helpful to us. They were super accommodating.

The only negative (since I had to be critical of something), is that the bottle of wine they provided as an amenity for my status is a fairly cheap bottle of wine. If you are a wine enthusiast, you'll likely be disappointed. You may want to consider an alternative amenity.

And the description of the room said it came with butler service, but I never was met by a butler (eg St Regis hotels) or informed of their services.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends
2 Thank trvlr80
Dear guest,

Greetings from Palacio Duhau – Park Hyatt Buenos Aires!

Thank you for taking time to share your comments about your experience in our hotel.
We were very happy to receive your positive comments regarding your recent visit, particularly those which commended the professionalism and dedication displayed by the housekeeping division and the hotel’s staff, this is truly rewarding and gratifying as it motivates the team to continually work towards providing authentic hospitality. Please rest assured I shall pass on your comments to the entire team.

Thank you for your comment regarding our amenities. Comments like yours provide us with a valuable feedback in identifying areas where there is opportunity to improve our guests experiences.

I stay at your disposal for any request you may have and I look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel in the hopefully not too distant future.

With best regards,

Philippe Frey
Louisville, KY
Reviewed May 9, 2014

Very beautiful property in wonderful location, near Recoleta. Some rooms are in the old side of hotel (the actual palace) separated from newer rooms in a tower by a sloping garden area. The bar is located in the old-side and together with the adjacent patio are is a great place for a drink! Or a cigar....! The restaurant is located down the hill in the newer part of the hotel. The rooms are large and comfortable with very spacious bathrooms. The front desk and concierge services were excellent. Easy walking distance to many of the sites in Buenos Aires, as well as numerous bars and restaurants. 20-25 minutes to international airport and 10-15 minutes ti domestic.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
2 Thank MFHLouisville_KY
PDParkHyattBA, Public Relations Manager at Palacio Duhau - Park Hyatt Buenos Aires, responded to this review, May 12, 2014
Dear guest,
Thank you for taking the time to review your recent experience at Palacio Duhau – Park Hyatt Buenos Aires!
It is a pleasure to know you enjoyed your stay with us. I will share your positive feedback with the front and concierge team who will more than honored to receive these words from you.
Looking forward to welcoming you back in a near future!
Best regards,

Pilar Pose
Marketing & Communications Manager
Maidenhead, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 9, 2014

Spent a week in Buenos Aires on business for the first time and was amazed by an exceptionally beautiful hotel serviced by the highest level of professional staff. We ate at the hotel several times and the Oak Bar serves a wide variety of top-class refreshments.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
2 Thank Leigh_Cu
Dear guest,
We appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback of your recent stay at Palacio Duhau – Park Hyatt Buenos Aires.
It is my pleasure to find out you enjoyed the features at our hotel. Thank you very much for your positive comments about our staff, who daily work for enhancing the art of authentic hospitality. I will share this fantastic review with them.
We hope to welcome you back really soon and have the possibility to share a drink at the Oak Bar.
Best regards,