“Lovely hotel, great location, need more front desk help”

Palacio Duhau - Park Hyatt Buenos Aires
Ranked #11 of 444 Hotels in Buenos Aires
Reviewed February 14, 2014

This was a lovely hotel, and the location was excellent. It was a short walk to art museums,tourist sites and even two malls. The in-house restaurants were also excellent. Our room was comfortable, clean and quiet. The concierge was helpful. My only complaint with the hotel was that they were regularly and significantly undermanned at the front desk. While the checkin/checkout personnel were very nice, the amount of paperwork etc to check in or out was high which meant that they spend an inordinate amount of time with each guest. They also had to check with managers in the back to deal with anything unusual which added even more time to the process. We stayed there for 4 days and sometimes the lines to check in/out were over 15 minutes long! We noticed this problem on a regular basis when we transited the lobby, so it was not a one-off problem. One constraint is the small space allotted to the checkin staff. They have a limited number of terminals. They need to make sure more staff are at the front during peak times and they need to add a second desk, perhaps taking over the concierge space and moving the concierge space to another location.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple

Reviewed February 12, 2014

Indeed, the attention given to guests is outstanding at this property. I have no reason to search for alternatives in Buenos Aires. Besides, it is an oasis in the middle of the city. The location is perfect for you are just minutes away from the city center but in a quiet and safe area.

Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
PDParkHyattBA, General Manager at Palacio Duhau - Park Hyatt Buenos Aires, responded to this reviewResponded March 19, 2014

Dear guest,

Thank you very much for this 5 star review on Tripadvisor! It is a real honour to find out you enjoyed so much our hotel and that we were up to your expectations.

Thank you for considering us an “oasis in the middle of the city”.

We hope to welcome you back in a near future.

Reviewed February 11, 2014

I spent a week at the Palacio Duhau Park Hyatt Buenos Aires in December 2013 and for some reasons I had to go back to Buenos Aires in February 2014. I didn't hesitate a single second to book a room at the Palacio Duhau again. Elegant, clean, excellent services but above all people working there are professional, extremely kind and friendly. I strongly recommend this hotel either is for business or just a holiday in Buenos Aires.

Room Tip: Rooms on the left side (entering from Posadas) are very quite. Ex: xx07 where 'xx' is the fl...
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
PDParkHyattBA, Manager at Palacio Duhau - Park Hyatt Buenos Aires, responded to this reviewResponded March 19, 2014

Dear guest,

Thank you very much for taking the time to provide us your comments of your recent stays at Palacio Duhau – Park Hyatt Buenos Aires.

We are truly appreciative with your positive feedback about our staff and that they made a difference, enhancing the art of authentic hospitality. Be sure I will share your comments with them.

Thank you very much for recommending us.
We do hope to welcome you back and serve you very soon!

Pilar Pose
Marketing & Communications Manager

Reviewed February 10, 2014

Arriving here is like sweeping into a private mansion - and if you arrive at the Av Alvear entrance that is basically what you are doing. This entrance is via the original Palacio, which contains many of the hotels public areas. The style is of an old chateau with very high quality modern furnishings - wonderful vistas greet your eyes at every turn and the interior decor has been executed with excellent taste. Rooms are mostly located in the new tower, which lies across a courtyard featuring a terrace cafe and swimming pool. The rooms are comfortable and feature interesting bathrooms. Service seems excellent throughout - concierge, reception, room service and restaurant staff were all at the top of their game.

Location is excellent too - you can walk around the beautiful area of Recoleta and there are wonderful shops nearby as well, with many international brands mixed in with upscale local products.

It is not inexpensive but does represent good value. I thoroughly enjoyed my 4 night stay and confidently recommend this excellent hotel.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Ashley G

Dear guest,

Thank you very much for taking your precious time to share your experience following your stay at Palacio Duhau – Park Hyatt Buenos Aires.

We are truly appreciative as your words go a long way in helping to promote the hotel, both locally and internationally.

We feel honored about your observations on the service provided by our staff. I will share your comments with them, to keep on encouraging their love for the authentic hospitality.

Thank you for confidently recommending us and for considering us, as an “excellent” hotel.
We look forward to welcome you back once again in a near future!
Yours sincerely,

Reviewed February 9, 2014

I stayed three nights at the beautiful Duhau Park Hyatt in B.A. and was delighted by the property. Great location, lovely rooms, great service and exceptional property. Be sure to include the breakfast in your reservation, as it is terrific. You may dine inside or outdoors, as we did in the lovely summer weather. Walking distance to great shopping, the "Evita" cemetery, church and great restaurants too. We had lunch and breakfast on property and all were terrific. Expect great service - you will be glad to have stayed here!

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with friends

Dear guest,

We appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback of your stay at Palacio Duhau – Park Hyatt Buenos Aires.

We are glad to know you enjoyed the features at the hotel and that you specially loved our breakfast at Gioia Restaurante & Terrazas.

Thank you for recommending our gastronomic services. I will share this comments with our Chefs and their team, who will be more than pleased.

It was a pleasure to welcome you in the past and we look forward to receiving you once again in a near future...

Pilar Pose
Marketing & Communications Manager

Reviewed February 6, 2014

I reserved one night in this hotel. I had to cancel due to an emergency change in travel plans. I called 24 hours ahead of time, because I was in a remote area in Argentina where I could not access cell phones or internet at the time I found out I had to change my plans. The hotel accepted my cancellation but held me to their 48 hour cancellation policy. They charged me the full $650 room rate for the missed night. After calls to Hyatt, (the franchisor), American Express, and to the hotel, they were not willing to compromise. They offered a "free night" but expiring this June. This was a joke. Since I live in Switzerland and will not return to Argentina in the next few months, this is worthless. I believe that the hotel should have been more accomodating under the circumstances and at least split the difference with me or offered a free night that I could actually use.Given the hotel was fully booked I assume they were able to rebook the room. Both compromise suggestions from me were rejected. I cannot speak to the hotel itself, but this customer service interaction was very negative.

Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
4  Thank Katymill2014
PDParkHyattBA, General Manager at Palacio Duhau - Park Hyatt Buenos Aires, responded to this reviewResponded February 10, 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your valuable feedback about our reservation process as observations like yours help us improve our service.

I understand we have already followed up on your case directly with you, nether the less I remain at your service for any further assistance you may require or comments you may have.

We do hope to have the opportunity to serve you and welcome you to Palacio Duahu – Park Hyatt Buenos Aires in the future.

Yours sincerely,

Reviewed February 5, 2014

As someone who works in the hospitality industry I spend a great deal of time in hotels every year. The Palacio Duhau Park Hyatt Buenos Aires is hands down the finest hotel that I’ve stayed in. The staff are exceptional and go above and beyond to exceed guest expectations. The hotel is immaculate, the food and beverage are of the highest quality and the hotel location is perfect. Everything about this hotel is 5 star. I would highly recommend this property to anyone traveling to Buenos Aires. I early await my return to this phenomenal hotel.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with friends