“Amazing Hotel”

Ranked #13 of 447 Hotels in Buenos Aires
New York City, New York
“Amazing Hotel”
Reviewed September 16, 2013

We stayed at the Palacio Duhau for one week and it was an incredible experience. The hotel is stunning and the service is incredible. We ate at all three restaurants within the hotel and the food was great. It is centrally located and there are several great restaurants and sites within walking distance. I would highly recommend using the spa and doing the afternoon tea service. The hotel architecture is stunning and it was an incredible experience. I cannot say enough of how wonderful and outstanding the service was. Definitely one of the best hotels I've been to!

Room Tip: Some of the rooms had balcony/patios that looked lovely
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (267)
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
Lanai, Hawaii
Reviewed September 9, 2013

The Palacio Duhau Park Hyatt BA offers a unique combination of privacy, accommodation and service in BA. The property stretches between Av Alvear and Posada. With the historic Palacio Duhau located on the Ave Alvear side and the modern tower located on the Posada side of the property.

We stayed in the modern tower side of the hotel in a Park Suite. Decor is very typical of Park Hyatt, lean and spare. With light wood flooring and accents and beige marble in the bath with separate shower.

The multiple dining options at the Park Hyatt easily passes the test of "could we gladly eat there more than once if the weather encouraged us to stay in". Staff offered excellent service. We are returning in Nov 13.

Room Tip: Park Suites recommended. We enjoyed accommodations on the 15th floor of the "new" tower...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank LostonLanai
Phoenix, Arizona
Reviewed September 8, 2013

Everything was fantastic - room, service, breakfast buffet, location. The hotel itself is beautiful. The room was furnished with modern clean designed furniture. My room had a balcony that over looked a quiet residential street. As a solo traveler I appreciate a safe, central location. The hotel is located next to the Vatican embassy in Ricoleta, Close to great shopping and easy to get to all major sites. All hotels I stay at in the future will be compared to this one.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank tkarpinski
PDParkHyattBA, General Manager at Palacio Duhau - Park Hyatt Buenos Aires, responded to this review, September 10, 2013
Dear guest,

Thank you very for choosing Palacio Duhau – Park Hyatt Buenos Aires and for your attentive feedback.

Your lovely comments are very much appreciated and we fell honoured to find you had a memorable stay at our hotel.

We hope to welcome you back in the near future.

Yours sincerely,

Mr. Antonio Alvarez Campillo, General Manager
Reviewed September 7, 2013 via mobile

This was my first time in a park Hyatt and I have to say how impressed I am with the rooms, the people and the whole operation.

Most impressive is the staff and the impeccable service you get here. The staff are always ready to help show you the best places to go in the city and will connect you with the top restaurants and secure reservations. They are also very easy going and professional.

Well designed hotel, great value, Internet connection and food!

• Stayed September 2013
1 Thank DaveySc
Dear Guest,

We truly appreciate you taking the time in providing us the feedback of your stay at Palacio Duhau – Park Hyatt Buenos Aires.

I appreciate your comments about our staff and service and I will share it with them, who will be more than pleased.

We look forward to seeing you very soon.

Best regards,

Mr. Antonio Alvarez Campillo, General Manager
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed September 4, 2013

The hotel itself was absolutely amazing. I had the opportunity to stay in the palace side and was not disappointed. The staff (excluding housekeeping)!!The worst customer service ever, especially for the price of this hotel. On one occasion, it took 10 phone rings for Guest Services to answer and this was at 2100 hours. Seriously, Really? I was totally floored! The second time, I asked the concierge to book a reservation to a well known eatery out in town (Palermo-Soho). I was supposed to get a call back for confirmation. Nope! Nada! Not a damn call was initiated to my room! It seemed as though the concierge didn't care at all. By this time, I was ready to pack my things and head out for another hotel, but decided to stay out of the goodness of my heart. Beware of the inept hotel staff if you decide to stay at this hotel. Seriously!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
3 Thank cjinx78
Los Angeles, California, United States
Reviewed September 4, 2013

I've been lucky to go to many top notch hotels and I can honestly say this hotel stands out. Why? Because of the service and attidue of the staff and its great location.

Staff: Wonderful! In the restaurant in the Posadas side -We had breakfast everyday at the hotel and the hostess always remembered our name and very sweet. And the female server who looked a bit like , Mila Kunis, I think her name was BeniciA...I could be wrong, but she was always very attentive and always remembered what we liked ( the hot chocolate was awesome), and although she never hovered it seems she always knew that we needed something.
Breakfast is really good. They have smoked salmon, different breads and of course a la carte. The French bread is good but different taste and they dont use maple syrup , they use something else with different taste. Egg white omelete is good again different . It had consistincy of a crepe. If you like eggs over easy they call it jugoso or claros if I remember , but they do it differently as well. Sausages are very good.
We were being picked up for some tours and my mother was worried that they would pick us up in the wrong side as there is the mansion side in ave. Alvear and the newer hotel side ave. Posadas. But the staff waa quick to tell us not to worry because staff on each side is in communication with each other and they know to tell the people who are going to pick us up to go to the area where we are waiting.
Concierege- All the concierege people (there were like 3) were helpful and patient with all the questions I asked. The gentleman was great in telling me where the best milongas for my purposes were and explained how they were, which best tango shows to go and he recommended this lady who does leather goods, especially leather jackets which ended up being awesome cause she actually made one for me based on my measurements in less than a day and reasonable priced since it was tailored for me.

Finally, we came back from iguasu and had asked befire we checkex out if we could leave the bags. Not only did they say we could leave our bags( as our flight wasnt for 6 or 7 hours)but they let use the spa facilities to freshen up. I can not say how grateful we were as we had flown to iguasu but taken the bus ( Via Barioloche) back to buenos aires and it was a long ride

Location: In Recoleta about six or so blocks from the famous recoleta cemetary which really is worth going and reminds me a bit of new orleans cemetaries but even more elaborate. Also about 7 blocks or so from avenida 9 de julio, the widest avenue in the world. Just remember there is the modern ave. POSADAS side and the mansion side Ave. ALVEAR side.

I really cant say enough about the staff and the hotel which really made my experience in buenos aires pleasant. The only issue with the hotel I would have is that the beds are a bit hard for my liking but I noticed at the other hotel I stayed in at Iguasu was also hard ( actually that one was harder), and the lights went off one night a few times, but the generators kicked in and I don't think that is fair to blame the hotel, so that is why I gave it 5 stars. And cant comment on the kids activities as we didnt use any.
So if you can swing it, as it is pricey, I would definitely recommend this hotel!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
New York City, New York
Reviewed August 30, 2013

Lovely Hotel in a good location. Near to Recoleta Cemetery and some good shops / restaurants. We stayed in the modern tower, hotel is split between old mansion and modern tower connexted by underground walkway. Our room was nice with great bathroom (separate bath and shower). Public areas of the hotel are beautifully decorated and Gardens are a beautiful addition to a city centre hotel, it really feels like stepping back in time, very elegant.

I give it 4/5 rather than 5/5 because for me the room was nice, modern and clean but for the price I wasn't blown away. Also service was great but a little impersonal, maybe this is standard in large 5* hotels? However I would still recommend this hotel to friends.

Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple