“We were treated like family!”

Palacio Duhau - Park Hyatt Buenos Aires
Ranked #11 of 443 Hotels in Buenos Aires
Reviewed June 26, 2013

I was sold on The Palacio Duhau-Park Hyatt after reading many complimentary reviews on Trip Advisor, so thank you to all who posted their comments. It was a perfect fit for us - high end without being “snooty”. When we travel, we dress extremely casually. We weren’t prepared for the chilly weather, so we added layers of sweat shirts as we had no winter clothes. We were treated the same as their more well dressed clientele - that’s what I mean about it being a perfect fit! We stayed in the standard room, but we had a lovely, quiet corner room, garden view on a high floor in the new wing as requested. The hotel is tres chic and ultra-modern - the only problem we encountered was the push button computer-like lighting in our room which was a challenge at times! The location is extremely convenient and close to an upscale mall (opened at 10 a.m.) where we were able to go to Starbucks for our morning coffee as my husband didn’t like the smaller cups the local coffee was served in (we didn’t learn until it was time to leave that he should have asked for a “double” coffee!!!). We spent our first night at the hotel’s Duhau Restaurante & Vinoteca learning about local cheeses from Althea and Malbec wine from Melina and Debora. The concierges (Jimena, Constanza & Valeria) and front desk staff (Victoria et. al.) were wonderfully helpful. They gave us great information/recommendations and made dinner reservations for us which were always confirmed with a note in our room. (Be sure to go to Sotto Voce Italian restaurant within walking distance). We checked out for an overnight in Iguazu Falls and stored one bag at the hotel. When we returned to the Park Hyatt the next day, we were greeted like family! Our bag was already waiting in our room. It felt like “home”. We heard from a lovely local that the hotel’s Sunday buffet brunch is outstanding, but we opted to go to San Telmo on Sunday instead. For those of you who’ve taken the time to read my comments in full, you know that I can’t say enough good things about the Park Hyatt.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank JaniceA885

Reviewed June 24, 2013

I have stayed at this beautiful hotel on a number of occasions and it is without doubt one of my favourite hotels worldwide - the contrast between old & new , the beautiful gardens, the terrace of the old Palace overlooking the new area, the cheese and wine cellar, the OAK bar , the undergound gallery joining the 2 buildings. It is a gem !!! Add on a well trained team and you understand why this hotel is always ranked among the best !! Bravo !!

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank carlitosembo
Reviewed June 23, 2013

My stay here was in April 2013 & it was absolutely perfect! Hotel is just beautiful, with lovely tranquil garden between the 2 buildings. Rooms & suites are simply stunning & very comfortable. Service at every level was seamless perfection. Excellent dining options. Location can't be beat.
Love this hotel!

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed June 20, 2013

We stayed on three different occasions in Dec and Jan using the Park Hyatt Buenos Aires as a base for various tablet trips out to Salta, Patagonia and Igasscu Falls. This worked very well. The Park Hyatt is a short cab ride via a freeway to the domestic airport. The Hyatt will store your luggage and have your laundry waiting for you on return.
It was a luxurious hotel. with beautiful spaces particularly in the old palais section. The garden is a sanctuary from the bustle and was a great place for breakfast. The staff were fine but slow. This will always be our base in BA . (It was also an elegant and pleasureable place to see the New Year in.)

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank PFoggSydney
Reviewed June 15, 2013

I checked in here after coming back early from Uruguay and finding the Fierro hotel in Palermo full , it certainly is a palace !! quite pretentious in my opinion ...the room was excellent .. a lot of buttons and switches .. so be on your A game ,.. this isn't just a hotel its a historical building with many things of interest to see within the hotel , I did find a very laid back couple from California out in the garden area who were lovely to sit and share the day with ,, they also felt a little intimidated by the look a like Men In Black hotel security guards and coldly efficient hotel staff , I am sure this is a great place for those whom appreciate it , however I am more an elbows on the table kind of guy and didn't really appreciate lunch on the terrace as I wasn't dressed in designer clothes and neither had on my lap a Pomeranian or Chihuahua .

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled solo
2  Thank John M
Reviewed June 15, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here for four nights as part of a large group. I cannot rate this hotel highly enough and find it hard to believe it's only ranked 15 in BA! The architecture of the old palace is stunning, the terrace is fantastic and my room (in the new tower) was spacious and comfortable without being over the top. The location in Ricoletto is brilliant for shopping and sightseeing.

The best thing about the hotel was the service, with the staff willing to bend over backwards to help. I have been surprised by some of the negative comments here about the staff as I thought they made our stay. If anything I thought they came to service the room TOO much with me having to hang the Do Not Disturb sign in the afternoon!

Fantastic stay, highly recommend and definitely have a spa treatment..amazing!

• Stayed: March 2013
Reviewed June 14, 2013

Stayed at the Palacio Duhao -- Park Hyatt for three nights on a business trip. This is a world class five star hotel. The hotel has two parts: the beautifully restored Palacio Duhao, a great example of Belle Epoque architecture, and the modern tower at the opposite end of the interior garden. The juxtaposition of old and new has been carefully executed. The interior garden has a series of terraces running from one building to the other, and is a great place to have dinner or a drink on a nice evening.

My room in the modern tower was spacious and very pleasant. The WiFi was reliable and surprisingly fast for hotel internet. The gym, while a bit on the small side, had everything that you would need. The equipment is modern and well maintained. I can't speak to the pool, since it was under renovation while I was there, but I'm sure it will be very nice once it's done.

The staff was courteous and professional throughout. The level of English was truly exceptional -- they must go to considerable lengths to find people who have both the service skills and the language skills to work in this hotel.

The food was very good and there are several options for dining in the hotel. The stand-up wine and cheese bar is an interesting touch and quite elegant. I dined with some colleagues on the garden patio one evening and it was great. The Oak Bar is a nice place for a drink.

I've stayed at two other hotels in Buenos Aires, and it's hard to imagine that there's a nicer hotel than this in the city, and possibly in all of South America. Highly recommended.

Room Tip: While I didn't see any of the rooms in the palace part of the hotel, the rooms in the tower are...