“Beautiful hotel in the nicest area of Buenos Aires”

Palacio Duhau - Park Hyatt Buenos Aires
Ranked #11 of 443 Hotels in Buenos Aires
Reviewed September 17, 2011

This is a beautiful hotel, staff is excellent, very helpful and professional, great bellmen service, they remembered my name while my stay.
The area is incredible, one block away to a nice mall, safe area to walk around. Breakfast a the restaurant was such an experience.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled as a couple

999 - 1,005 of 1,949 reviews

Reviewed September 15, 2011

This is probably one of the best hotels that I have had the pleasure to stay in. The Palacio Duhau has two sections to it: The Palacio section and the Park Hyatt section. I stayed in the Park Hyatt section. The hotel property is located in the Recoleta district and with in walking district to most all of the sights and shopping. The Park Hyatt is the newer side of the property and is separated from the Palacio side by a beautiful "garden" and an underground passageway that is also a local artists gallery. From the moment you enter the hotel and approach the guest services desk I was treated like a royalty through out my stay.

Check in was very quick and I was taken to my room in less than fifteen minutes and a thorough tour of my room was given by the staff. My room was a Park Deluxe King and fantabulious. Wood floors through out the room and marble in the bathroom. The rooms king bed was as comy as my own at home. Amenities included full stocked mini bar, 32 in flat panel TV, dresser, office desk and Wifi and ethernet line ($12.00 USD/day), and reading chair. The walk in closet was spacious also housed the room safe (Elsafe), and shoe care kit. Oh, the safe also had an power outlet inside of it so that your laptop can be recharged while stored. The bathroom has a separate tub (huge tub) and shower. The room was clean and in outstanding condition. Maid service came after 12:00 pm and always had the room back in tip top shape. Turn down service arrived between 1700 - 1800 and always left a tasty chocolate.

The rest of the hotel was immaculate. The Park section has two elevators (No access control / floors L,5-17) and video security cameras on all floors and in the elevators. The restaurant is on the Mezzanine level and is accessed via the lobby floor (very good breakfast bar). The underground passageway was like a small art museum. The art work featured are all local artists and are on display for two months before new art work is brought in. At the end of the passageway (in the Palacio Duhu section) is the Spa and Gym. Did not take advantage of the Spa but the gym was one of the best in a hotel the I have seen/used. While I did not stay in the Palacio section the staff gave me a tour of the property and I kind of wish I would of asked for a room there. The rooms were much more like a bed and breakfast atmosphere and cozy. The amenities of the Palacio section were pertty much the same as the Park side with the exception of the Library and Oak Bar (Like stepping back into time in this bar). What had me chuckling most was the Wine Cellar. It wasn't so much the Wine Cellar but the Cheese Cellar the was next to it. This was a first for me, never laid eyes on a cheese cellar before. If I ever make it back here for another holiday I am going to make sure I schedule a wine and cheese tasting here. The two elevators take guests to floors G,L,2,3,4 and these do have access control due to the restaurants and bar located in the Palacio section.

The Park Hyatt Buenos Aries is by far one of the nicest hotels I have stayed in. The location is great and one does not have to walk far to get to the shopping along Florida Ave. or to the Cemetery Recoleta (where Evitas is laid to rest). Also bought a nice leather coat for under $300 USD at a store next to the cemetery by the name of Uru. Good selection and quality here. I actually saw this store on the Travel Channels Samantha Brown's show.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with friends
2  Thank WalkingMan60
Reviewed September 15, 2011

Our first trip to Buenos Aires and what better place to stay would be hard to find. Park Hyatt at its very best. Staff were wonderful ,fairly young, but went out of their way to make our stay memorable.Spotless clean, restaurants were excellent, we did the cheese and wine tasting which is amazing...a must to experience. Gardens perfect, spa and pool excellent. We got back really late and did not want to eat "room service" in our room so they went out of their way to serve the food in the warm and inviting bar. It was my husband's "special " birthday which they made extra special with a lovely note and delicious chocolate cake......10 out of 10 all around.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank EuropeLaSalle_Canada
Reviewed September 13, 2011

We took a trip to Buenos Aires and decided to stay at this hotel because I had plenty of Hyatt points to stay there. Since I was a diamond member, we were upgraded to a suite. The room was located in the old part of the hotel (the prettiest side of the hotel) overlooking the garden, and the newer building of the hotel. It had a small living room, walking closet, huge tub, great shower, two sinks, toilet room, chandeliers, the lighting was out of this world, etc. The room was the best room I have stayed in ever. Breakfast every day was included and the food was excellent. All the silver ware was actually made of silver. The front desk called me when I was having breakfast and they brought to phone to my table outside of the hotel. My wife's birthday was the second day that we were there, and as we came out of the elevator they greeted her with "Happy Birthday". I am not sure how they knew it was her birthday or that we were coming down in the elevator. That was really impressive. They have a bar in there covered with imported wood paneling that is very old. They have a state of the art spa with a large pool. They also would make reservations for me to different events even before we arrived to Buenos Aires.

Overall the service, food and amenities were awesome. I would love to go back to this hotel again.

Room Tip: Make sure your room is in the old part of the hotel facing inward, to the courtyard.
  • Stayed: January 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 6, 2011

Aside from being gorgeous, the servicio is amazing. No reason to check out the Four Seasons !

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed August 31, 2011

Hands down, this is the BEST hotel I have stayed. All the accolades and awards are well deserved. We did not want to leave! Palacio translates to palace in Spanish and you are treated like royalty. The hotel is a palace, mansion and museum all in one. It is fairly new, immaculately clean and kept up. Service is beyond excellent. We asked for turned down service and 5 maids arrived within minutes. The breakfast buffet was grand - high quality food and good selection. Pool, spa and fitness center were excellent. I would rate this 10 stars if I could. Location is in Recoleta which is the exclusive part of Buenos Aires. Hotel is surrounded by high end shops and boutiques. Several excellent restarants are within walking distance. Hotel concierge was very helpful with booking tours and making dinner reservations.

Room Tip: Ask for rooms in the palace overlooking the courtyard.
  • Stayed: November 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed August 29, 2011

I have stayed at this hotel about 5 times, and I have to say that each time it progressively continues to impress me. From the time my wife and I arranged a wine tasting with the world renowned Sommelier of the hotel in the Vinoteca (my 4th time here), who introduced us to the hotel's 'fromagiste' for the most amazing wine and cheese sampler we have ever experienced, to the most recent Argentinean Wagyu Ribeye this past week, the most exquisite steak I can remember, this hotel impresses me with each visit. Don't get me wrong, from a room perspective the first visit was the best since I 'lucked into' one of the suites, but all the rooms are well detailed . I was in much humbler rooms since then. I have used the fitness, pool and spa facilities and held a conference for my team in this hotel as well. I have not stayed in the rooms in the actual palace but used their food and beverage facilities located there (Oak Bar, Lounge, etc.). With each turn the spectacular surroundings, art collections, facilities and service are second to none, regardless of the season (marking the difference between being able to dine indoors or out). Each time I return to Buenos Aires I long to stay at this hotel. I wish only that this hotel were located in many of the other cities I get to visit. A must place to stay and experience, at least several times if you have the chance!

Room Tip: I always ask for a room in the highest floor available, but not a must here
  • Stayed: August 2011, traveled on business