“Great Cheap place to stay”

Argentina Tango Hotel
Ranked #432 of 443 Hotels in Buenos Aires
Reviewed November 25, 2009

If you want a cheap place to stay this is the place. The staff is friendly and willing to help you. They will go out of their way to get you comfortable. The place is noisy, but clean. If you like to explore the city this is a great location. The subway line is only three blocks away. The bus stop is right in front of the hotel. You will meet a lot of young people here. They come from different countries in Europe and South America. The place is noisy becuase the young people like to hangout in the plubic area of the hotel. If you are a young person you will meet many more people in the evening who are young and like to meet new people. It is a very international place. If you do not ike noise or movement this is not a place for you. I had a great time in the evening talking and sharing my expereinces with other people. This is not a place for people who have credit cards or are shy. This is not a place you can hang out in the day time. The evenings are different. You can meet people in the evening and share information of places of interest in the city. This is a place you need to share space.

The hostel does not have a cafe or restaurant, but you can bring to the public area of the hostel your food and eat your meals. You can also use their kitchen if you desire.

This is a great place. The price is also great.

• Stayed: November 2009, traveled solo

Reviewed July 8, 2009

Stayed with a tour group. Would not stay there by choice.

• Stayed: June 2009
Reviewed June 24, 2009

great location in downtown but they have the heating turned up to suana levels in the corridors and rooms etc. we turned it off in our room but it took about 24 hours before we could be in there without the window wide open.

nice staff, felt secure, large but plain room, good hot water and pressure.

noisy on the weekends

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 18, 2009

This hotel is used by Intrepid Tours.
It is run down, carpets are dirty along with the walls.
There is only two options for room location; front noisy street or back that is beside a loud generator that shook the room.
Locks on the window and patio doors were broken.
The business center is one disfunctional computer in the lobby.
The room I had # 604 had a leaking toilet, so every flush resulted in a wet floor.

• Stayed: May 2009, traveled solo
1  Thank canuck-x-traveller
Reviewed June 2, 2009

I was book into this hotel by INTREPID TOURS. When i arrived I was put in a room with no number on the door. It had a tiny window that I had to stand on the bed to look out. The room was barely bigger than the bed and filthy. The carpet was disgusting. There was a safety deposit box that noone knew how to work. I dont like to complain but I had been staying in another hotel in the city prior to this and when I arrived here I was so dissapointed. I was told that was the only room they had so they couldnt move me. However after complaining to my tour guide she got me moved to another room. This was a normal size room with a window so it was much better, however equally as filthy and there was a disgusting sewerage smell coming up from the toilet. I had to just keep the door closed. I called to reception to ask for the internet cable and was told noone could bring it, however about half an hour later it showed up. This was an absolute let down and the worst hotel experience I have ever had. Do not stay here!!!

• Stayed: March 2009, traveled solo
1  Thank Sonrisadulce1
Reviewed February 20, 2008

My husband and I booked this hotel so that we would be near Aeroparque in time for our early morning flight.
We only slept there one night and I can only say the room was clean, the A/C working (in a 34° heat it would have been a big problem if it didn't). The bathroom was ok. We didn't even have breakfast because we left at 05.30 AM, but we DID get a wake up call....at 03.30 AM.... by mistake...
Anyway, this place is nothing especial but it served its purpose. I guess for the price you might find something better in low season, but this was mid-January and it proved very hard to find an available room in BA downtown within this price range.

• Stayed: January 2008, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed January 16, 2008

This Tango is not where you want to be dancing.

Despite requests to fix the faulty room AC, this was not fixed. I was told a room change was not possible and given varying (and bad) excuses about why the room was warm e.g. greenhouse effect.

When I insisted the AC be fixed the receptionist Frederico promised to call an electrician in. I was skeptical he would as it was a Saturday night. I was told later the problem could not be fixed. I was given eventually a fan, although at one stage I was told I would get a portable *airconditioner*

The hotel is short staffed with only 1 receptionist on duty at any time. The front door to the hotel is locked when the receptionist is away from the reception table e.g. to retrieve left luggage for guests. People are often locked out, albeit for only 5 mins or so.

Disappointing service spoils what otherwise is a newly-furnished hotel conveniently located in the Microcentre area of BA. Free internet terminal in the lobby, although there is often a queue.

• Stayed: January 2008