“Cozy little place” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #5 of 450 Hotels in Buenos Aires
west palm beach, florida
“Cozy little place”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 30, 2009

This was my first experience with a "boutique hotel" so I was not quite sure what to expect. I was on my honeymoon through Argentina with my new wife and this was our first stop. The place is in a perfect neighborhood-PAlemro is the only place I would stay in BA if I were planning another trip. It is in the middle of great shopping and eating streets, and really not that far of a walk form the city center. The staff is extremely helpful and very nice. They recommended several places (although most are on the high side price wise) that were very good. The food was great-we ate a creative and delicious breakfast every morning, and the small salad and dinner plates they have are equally good. The lobby and the pool area are cozy and interesting as well. The rooms are not that special really, although they are definately nice to look at. The bed was two twins pushed together and was not all that cozy. The room is really modern/minimalist but they do a good job with small touches that make the place feel unique. I would recommend this place but I'm sure there are several similar places in BA that are less expensive.We did enjoy a rather affordable day at the spa though. It is definately worth checking out though.

• Stayed November 2009, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank KELandICE

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (104)
  • Korean first
London, England
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 12, 2009

I am so so glad that we started our honeymoon at this wonderful hotel! The rooms are stylish, cosy and spotlessly clean. The breakfast is lovely, with something slightly different each day to keep it interesting! The cocktails are great (I think the "Scarlett the Tart" is the best cocktail I've ever had!). The bar and reception area are so well designed with antique furniture and stylish little touches. The location is perfect, surrounded my amazing restaurants and shops....Palermo is definitely the best place to stay and it's really easy to get into the city via cab, tube or walking. And the best thing about Home is the wonderful staff. They are much more helpful and friendly than at any other hotel I've stayed at and in a genuine kind of way, not over the top or false. They help to organise anything you want to do and have loads of recommendations for restaurants etc. Oh, and the pool is heated, which is nice! We hope to go back to BA one day and would have no hesitation in staying at Home again.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled as a couple
1 Thank SLM32
melb
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 5, 2009

Stayed at home five nights on our first trip to BA. Loved the rooms, foyer area and garden - all beautifully designed. We loved the location - it was really close to some of the best restaurants in town. We'd go out for the day to various parts of BA, return and freshen up and then head out to dinner by foot. Our fave restaurant (very close) was Miranda. Home offers a handy little info booklet too. If your staying a long time in BA, you might consider staying some time in Pallermo at Home and some time at San Telmo.

1 Thank seaks_azzi
Brooklyn, NY
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 4, 2009

I booked Home Hotel based on the glowing reviews I read both online and in guidebooks. The hotel itself -- amazing. The service, the decor, the room, the restaurant/bar, the outdoor patio/pool area. No complaints at all. This was, however, my first trip to Buenos Aires and the location isn't central to the bulk of Palermo Viejo's shopping and restaurant scene. So, we were taking a lot of taxis, since it's not as easy a walk to Palermo Soho as the maps would make it seem.

That said, my stay at Home was a great experience and I'd still recommend highly. It was a great stay, at a place that feels like what a "boutique" experience should feel like: very personalized and in a venue that doesn't feel like a traditional hotel.

Oh, the spa is amazing: Definitely plan to book a morning massage/facial upon arrival.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled with friends
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank amanda673
Belfast, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 3, 2009

What can i say...the Home Hotel has it all
The staff are extremely helpful and friendly, the decor is excellent & music fantastic ( you can tell a music producer owns the hotel!)
The Owner/Manager Patricia (an argentine of Irish descent) is in the hotel daily, ensuring standards are high and is always on hand for a chat..or to give advice!
We had a garden view room, which had a picture-esque view of the garden and pool area. The rooms are minilist, but very stylish with a morning maid and evening turn down service (the maid even leaves you a weather report card for the following day)
The restaurant & bar area has great staff, lovely food and fantastic cocktails (at an excellent price)
The Hotel location is in Palmero Hollywood, with plenty of restaurants in the area, all short walking distance (you have too many to choose from) - as the staff are all local they can easily advise you.
Just across the train tracks is Palmero Viejo with the stylish boutiques and cafe's covering all of your shopping needs from leather to designer clothes.

I would highly recommend the Home Hotel to anyone travelling to BA...location and hotel are just right. Home away from Home

1 Thank richard_lennon
Brooklyn, NY
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 25, 2009

My husband and I loved staying at Home! The staff was so so helpful and friendly. The bar was great - we loved having cocktails (delicious cocktails for just $6!) in the garden before heading out for the evening. And the breakfast was delicious.
Almost everything we did in BA was either recommended by or coordinated by the Home staff or their little guidebook. They really could not have been more helpful.
The two big highlights of our trip were going to a Boca Juniors game - which Home arranged for us, and going to Casa Felix for dinner (which we reserved before we arrived in BA, but is in their guidebook as well).
I found that most of the other guests were also "young" (I'm 31) couples or groups of friends.
If/when we go back to BA, we'll be staying at Home.

1 Thank Spencers_BrooklynNY
London
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 13, 2009

I have stayed in Buenos Aires numerous times and make it a rule to always stay in a different hotel in a different part of the city. Home has turned that rule on its head. After last weekend, I don't want to stay anywhere else.

I was in BsAs this time to run the marathon. I had told the front desk this in advance because I needed an early breakfast and to book a taxi to the start line for 6am on a Sunday morning. When I got there all the staff, from the girls in the bar to the security guard were asking me about the marathon and wishing me luck. That level of personal service is almost impossible to find these days. Just in general the staff at Home are absolutely brilliant.

The pool/bar/garden area is also fantastic. A real little oasis in the city where you can just chill out in the sunshine. Really relaxing. The rooms are very clean and modern, in a pleasant way. The beds are extremely comfortable and the breakfasts are great.

I would recommend this hotel to anyone returning to BsAs. if it's your first time in the city you may want somewhere a little closer to the downtown sights. If you are looking for somewhere you can chill out that is close to some great bars and restaurants and also the cool shopping areas of palermo soho, then look no further.

Home is a brilliant place to stay.

Stayed October 2009, traveled as a couple