“Best Hostel in Buenos Aires and far beyond!”
Review of ChillHouse

ChillHouse
Ranked #6 of 256 Buenos Aires B&B and Inns
Reviewed November 28, 2013

Last spring (2013) I stayed at Chillhouse on 3 different occasions as I passed back and forth through Buenos Aires. Initially I had only booked a few nights there and I fell in love with the place and the staff and the travelers. I stayed a week then sampled another hostel in a different part of town and came back twice more. I stayed in dorm rooms, a two bed room and their best private room. I made it my hub for exploring BA on foot and by bicycle. It is an enchanting interior space with it's courtyard, fun roof patios, cozy living room internet hangout... and the owners and staff became my best friends while there. I love ChillHouse and will go back to BA specifically to stay there. Antoine, Esteban, Roberto... I hope you are all well and I look forward to another visit!

Room Tip: I stayed in 3 different rooms including a dorm room. I enjoyed all of them. If you are a couple or...
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled solo
There are newer reviews for ChillHouse

Reviewed November 28, 2013

I lived in BA for 6 months, stayed in several hostels and rented a few apartments, but nowhere felt like home as much as Chill House. Always top of my recommendations - more than just a place to stay, but a place to get insights into the city, meet great people, and Chill ;-)

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed November 22, 2013 via mobile

The Chillhouse was our first stop on our nine month trek. A great place to begin! We thought it was a lovely that they had taken this old building and turned it into a place for like minded travelers. Our room was a good size with private bath and clean. We had a problem the first day with the shower not draining and they fixed it right away. There was a kitchen for use and a beautiful roof top area! Pretty good wifi and if needed communal computers downstairs. There is a large supermarket and a mall just down the street. Everyone that worked there was nice and helpful. The owners were great! Esteban gave us excellent suggestions on things to do and where to go. We were sad to have met Antoine on the last day as he had been out of town.
A couple if nights is was loud after the posted quiet time but other than that we really enjoyed our experience.

• Stayed: October 2013
Reviewed November 16, 2013 via mobile

We enjoyed our one night stay at this lovely hostel. The guys who own it are so nice and friendly and really go out their way to help. Nothing is too much.

The rooms are lovely too.

What lets it down is the location.It is near everything (15 mins walk say) but the actual area is boring and lifeless with no cafes, bars or restaurants really. I'd recommend if it's not important to you to stay in the hub but if it is I wouldn't.

• Stayed: November 2013
Reviewed November 7, 2013 via mobile

This is the first time I stayed at a hostel and must say Chillhouse made me feel very comfortable. The ambiance it's so nice, the owners, Esteban and Antoine, are very nice and helpful as well as the other guys who take turns to be at the reception. Great place to meet people from different countries. The location for me was perfect cause it was easy to get pretty much everywhere from there by any way of transport. I would defenitly come back again if i've have the chance.

Reviewed October 29, 2013 via mobile

I just spent almost a week at ChillHouse and had an amazing time. The staff are super kind and helpful, from Esteban and Antoine down to the guys who watch over the place at night. If you want recommendations, directions, even info on which colectivo (bus) to take, the guys will have it.

The hostel has a really great vibe, with a nice big common room and roof terrace, which make it easy to get to know the other travelers. Plus the location is really central in the sense that it's equidistant from all the main areas- San Telmo, Recoleta, and Palermo. Definitely recommend getting a Sube card so that you can grab colectivos around the city without needing change. The guys can tell you where to get one.

Oh and huge plus: breakfast includes fresh oranges that you can squeeze yourself into juice. So lovely!

Would definitely stay here again if ever back in BA!

Stayed: October 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed September 27, 2013

I'd be surprised if you were disappointed by staying here! I was a solo female traveler....hadn't traveled outside NA in ages...never been to SA (don't speak Spanish)...and lucky me I got to stay at Chillhouse! I even had some rains of spring, and it still remained a really good experience. Sooo glad I went.

Quick list of good things:
-the staff is amazing! (kind & knowledgeable ...and I felt looked out for with tips of where/when not to go this one time when about to explore with another new female friend :)
-cute character of the building! I stayed in a dorm room (great way to meet people)...but the private room I saw at a glance is super nice! (private modern bath, tv, character...beautiful)
-hot showers, multiple (lockable private bathroom time)...they offer a towel & soap!
-and the place was simple, but clean. I really appreciate this.
-communal room with computers/wifi & great place to visit
-I landed at 2am (let them know ahead of time)...then arrived in the rain...a bit concerned as I don't speak Spanish....and they ready to answer the door
-little breakfast offered, if you want it
-reasonable pricing
-grocery store/ mall (BA style) 5 min up street
-great creative area...many places to check out the local vibe close by
-easy access to many key 'tourist' items....I love, love a walk. So, 20, 30, 40 plus minute walks are enjoyable to me. But really I think still relatively close to those
-close to public transport, once you are comfortable with that (more like any bigger city, you need to be smart about how you carry your stuff)

Summary: I can't wait to go back. I would have loved to stay longer. If not specifically return to Chillhouse...Buenos Aires for sure...SA for sure....and I would go back to say hi to those working there.

Travel, have fun, be safe.

Room Tip: Dorms have up to 8 people. I liked I wasn't on the main floor (less traffic). Couples or people...
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled solo