“Great half day tour”
Review of Jewish Tours

Jewish Tours
Ranked #56 of 311 Tours in Buenos Aires
More attraction details
Owner description: See Buenos Aires through Jewish eyes! Private and customizable Jewish city tours! Best city tours in the city
Reviewed December 21, 2015

Our guide, Salito Gutt, was wonderful. He was enthusiastic about all the places he showed us and shared his extensive knowledge about the community and its origins with us. The visit to the reconstructed Jewish Community Centre with its Israeli art work was particularly memorable.
The half day tour was if anything too short and if you have the time consider doing the full day tour

All reviews
"knowledgeable guide"
in 3 reviews
"visiting buenos aires"
in 5 reviews
"highly recommend the tour"
"great sense of humor"
in 21 reviews
"bombing"
in 12 reviews

Reviewed December 14, 2015

This was our first visit to Buenos Aires and a friend recommended Salito's tour to us.
I'm so glad we booked it...
Salito doesn't just give facts and show buildings...He is a wonderful story teller and gives a lot of personal stories as well as stories of the Jewish people in Argentina---a very interesting history and not very well known to those of us who have been steeped in the history of Israel...We had no idea what a large Jewish population lives in Argentina and what an interesting story of a Jewish Diaspora is here.
Sylvia of Jewish Tours contacted us before our visit to inform us that there would be a community Chanukah candle lighting in a plaza while we were in BA and we decided to go. I never thought that Happy Chanukah could be "Feliz Januka"
Remember to bring enough money to pay about $15 per person at AMIA and about $5 to leave at the synagogue. (There may be some other places that require a donation but these were the ones on our tour...)

1  Thank maggiesd2014
SalitoGutt, Owner at Jewish Tours, responded to this reviewResponded December 16, 2015

Thanks for your input.
I'm happy you enjoyed your tour and as always I did my best.
Thank you for visiting my city and country

Reviewed December 3, 2015

Very personable tour with Salito. Saw many things with great meaning we would have not know or seen otherwise. Was able to squeeze us in on very short notice. His mother was right, he gives the best tours. Hightlight of our Buenos Aires visit. Even got a great referral for an emergency dentist (Dr Goldsman). But we never got to see his Tangho moves?

1  Thank Andrew H
Reviewed November 28, 2015 via mobile

I booked this tour for myself several months ahead. On the scheduled day of the tour it was raining and it was a holiday, thus the museums were closed (a major disappointment but certainly not the company's fault). In fact, they emailed me ahead so I was prepared. At all phases of the reservation process, Silvia responded to my emails cordially, and especially promptly. I'm sure she doesn't sleep. On the day of the tour, Salito Gutt pick me up promptly in my hotel lobby and off we went. It turned out that because it was a holiday there was no traffic therefore we were able to leisurely get to all of our sites and spend extra time. The areas of Belgrano, Villa Crespi and Once were quite special. We went to 3 different synagogues representing Orthodox Conservative and Reform. We saw the very moving sites of the1992 Israeli Embassy bombing, and the 1994 bombing at AMIA. At every site and throughout the entire four hour tour Salito was informative, engaging and humorous. Overall it was the single best experience I had in Buenos Aires. Do not miss Jewish Tours of Argentina.

1  Thank IMLady_Marion
SalitoGutt, Owner at Jewish Tours, responded to this reviewResponded November 29, 2015

I'm happy you enjoyed the tour despite the holiday and the rain

See more reviews
Reviewed November 25, 2015

My wife and I contracted Jewish Tours Argentina for October 22 of this year to give us a half-day, private tour of Jewish Buenos Aires. The visit to various sites was expressly designed to meet our interests and preferences. We feel fortunate that Salito Gutt was our guide. Salito arrived in his car ten minutes before our appointment, and he was unconcerned when the tour went well beyond the time allotted. We were pleasantly surprised that he had done research on and was able to gain access for us to specific sites in the neighborhoods of Villa Crespo and Once. At all times Salito proved to be very knowledgeable, and he conveyed information in a pleasant, warm, and precise manner. We were deeply moved in particular as he recounted the horrific events associated with the last two sites of our tour—the AMIA building and the former site of the Israeli Embassy. In Salito’s company, we felt as though we had re-established a connection with a long-lost friend. Jewish Tours Argentina in general and Salito Gutt in particular exceeded our expectations. Highly recommended.

I'm happy you spent a pleasant time in Buenos Aires and specialy with your Jewish tour