“Amazing Tour!”
Review of Jewish Tours

Jewish Tours
Ranked #56 of 311 Tours in Buenos Aires
More attraction details
Owner description: See Buenos Aires through Jewish eyes! Private and customizable Jewish city tours! Best city tours in the city
Reviewed November 28, 2015 via mobile

I booked this tour for myself several months ahead. On the scheduled day of the tour it was raining and it was a holiday, thus the museums were closed (a major disappointment but certainly not the company's fault). In fact, they emailed me ahead so I was prepared. At all phases of the reservation process, Silvia responded to my emails cordially, and especially promptly. I'm sure she doesn't sleep. On the day of the tour, Salito Gutt pick me up promptly in my hotel lobby and off we went. It turned out that because it was a holiday there was no traffic therefore we were able to leisurely get to all of our sites and spend extra time. The areas of Belgrano, Villa Crespi and Once were quite special. We went to 3 different synagogues representing Orthodox Conservative and Reform. We saw the very moving sites of the1992 Israeli Embassy bombing, and the 1994 bombing at AMIA. At every site and throughout the entire four hour tour Salito was informative, engaging and humorous. Overall it was the single best experience I had in Buenos Aires. Do not miss Jewish Tours of Argentina.

1  Thank IMLady_Marion
SalitoGutt, Owner at Jewish Tours, responded to this reviewResponded November 29, 2015

I'm happy you enjoyed the tour despite the holiday and the rain

All reviews
"knowledgeable guide"
in 3 reviews
"visiting buenos aires"
in 5 reviews
"highly recommend the tour"
"great sense of humor"
in 21 reviews
"bombing"
in 12 reviews

Reviewed November 25, 2015

My wife and I contracted Jewish Tours Argentina for October 22 of this year to give us a half-day, private tour of Jewish Buenos Aires. The visit to various sites was expressly designed to meet our interests and preferences. We feel fortunate that Salito Gutt was our guide. Salito arrived in his car ten minutes before our appointment, and he was unconcerned when the tour went well beyond the time allotted. We were pleasantly surprised that he had done research on and was able to gain access for us to specific sites in the neighborhoods of Villa Crespo and Once. At all times Salito proved to be very knowledgeable, and he conveyed information in a pleasant, warm, and precise manner. We were deeply moved in particular as he recounted the horrific events associated with the last two sites of our tour—the AMIA building and the former site of the Israeli Embassy. In Salito’s company, we felt as though we had re-established a connection with a long-lost friend. Jewish Tours Argentina in general and Salito Gutt in particular exceeded our expectations. Highly recommended.

I'm happy you spent a pleasant time in Buenos Aires and specialy with your Jewish tour

Reviewed October 6, 2015

Salito Gutt was a marvelous guide. He was so informative and was a terrific "story teller". I thoroughly enjoyed my tour with him, and encourage others to do the same.
I booked my tour at the last minute and the company was able to accommodate my request. I was picked up at my hotel an dropped off there at the end of the tour.
Thank you Salito for memorable last day in BA!

SalitoGutt, Owner at Jewish Tours, responded to this reviewResponded October 8, 2015

I'm happy you enjoyed your Buenos Aires Jewish tour
It was my pleasure to share my city and my community with you
Thank you for your compliments and for visiting my country.

Reviewed July 26, 2015

We actually engaged Salito for two days of tours. First day was a Tigre Delta tour, second was a Jewish Buenos Aires tour.

Most of the organization was done several months in advance from home, including deposit, lists of names for synagogue visits etc.

The Delta tour was the best Salito could do considering it is winter there now. The day was interesting, and he accomodated our requests for additional venue visit too.

The second day was far more information packed - as we expected and requested. In addition, Salito added more time and more places to visit on my request a night before. Very much appreciated, considering this revolved around his time and minivan rental (there were 7 of us).

Punctual, very approachable, very knowledgeable - outstanding tours you will not regret!

We did these on spare days from a guided Trafalgar tour, and we could modify our time with Salito on the fly to avoid duplications.

Ask him for recommendation of Jewish guides in other cities you plan to visit too. We got an outstading reference for Pedro Landsberg in Rio de Janeiro from these guys.

SalitoGutt, Owner at Jewish Tours, responded to this reviewResponded August 3, 2015

Thank you for your comments and compliments
I'm happy you enjoyed your time and experience, I tried as always to offer my guests my best
Thank you for visiting my city and country.
Please call again!