Open today: 8:00 AM - 8:00 PM
Review Highlights
Outstanding two days

Spent two days with Salito Gutt. First day did a general Buenos Aires tour and second they did a... read more

Reviewed 1 week ago
Gillian S
Irvine, California
via mobile
Warm, reliable, and knowledgeable. The ideal tour guide in Buenos Aires.

I cannot say enough wonderful things about Salito and my experience with Jewish tours. Salito... read more

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

from $150.00
from $29.00
from $98.00
More Info
All reviews israeli embassy personal stories great tour comprehensive tour would highly recommend this tour wealth of information synagogue jews salito memorial terrorist argentina history chabad neighborhoods
Selected filters
Reviewed February 24, 2015

We were travelling with another couple on an organized tour of Chile, Argentina and Brazil. We had agreed to arrange a tour of Jewish points of interest in Buenos Aires on a free afternoon on our tour. We investigated a few firms and selected Salito Gutt and Jewish Tours Argentina based on recommendations of some friends.

We originally booked the tour for the 4 of us. Before arriving in Argentina, two other couples expressed interest in joining us on our tour of Jewish Buenos Aires. I emailed Salito and he ensured us that we would have a large enough vehicle to accommodate the 8 of us. Then, on the morning of our tour, 3 more people asked to join our tour. Again, I contacted Salito at the last minute and he assured us that he can accommodate us. As well, because of the larger number, it actually reduced the cost per person.

Enough of the preliminaries. The bottom line is that the tour was excellent and Salito was excellent and very knowledgeable and engaging. He explained things in detail in a way that we could understand. He was very patient with our questions and answered them thoroughly. We covered all the key Jewish sites in Buenos Aires. Salito also gave us a good appreciation of the history of the Jews in Argentina.

The minibus itself was very comfortable and clean. The driver was also excellent.

Salito's tour was definitely one of the highlights of our South American tour. I highly recommend Salito Gutt and Jewish Tours Argentina if you are visiting Buenos Aires and want to learn about Jewish life in Argentina. I would have liked to spend more time with Salito and walk with him around the Jewish section of Once, but we only had 4 hours.

Date of experience: November 2014
1  Thank ArtRab
SalitoGutt, Owner at Jewish Tours Argentina, responded to this reviewResponded March 3, 2015

Art Shalom!
Thank you for your comments and compliments
It was our pleasure to receive you and friends

Reviewed February 22, 2015

From the moment we met Salito Gutt we were captivated with his explanations and anecdotal stories of the history of not only Buenos Aires but Argentina. Our four hours flew by as Salito regaled us with an incredible amount of information and many things to think about. It's one thing to read about events but to get Salido's perspective was very beneficial and most interesting. We haven't stopped talking about our experience with Salido. He is very intelligent, full of information and a delightful person to know. As an aside, his recommendation for dinner, Juana M, proved to be not only delicious but quite reasonable. We would absolutely recommend using Salido as a guide.

Date of experience: February 2015
1  Thank Anita W
SalitoGutt, Owner at Jewish Tours Argentina, responded to this reviewResponded February 24, 2015

Anita Shalom! Thank you for your comments and thank you for visiting my country. Please call again soon!

Reviewed February 15, 2015

I spent two days with Salido Gutt visiting Buenos Aires, and after the "jewish city". It was wonderful, very good organization. Before the trip, he answered to all my questions about the hotel etc., took me from the airport etc. And all the tour was very interesting. The knowledge and the hapiness from Salito Gutt were very important.
We visited the site of the bombing of the Israeli Embassy in 1992 and the AMIA , which was also bombed in 1994, as well as the oldest synagogue and the area where the Jewish immigrants first arrived, and also the Recoleta cimetery. Salito regaled me with the history of the city and of the jewish community.
I was in Buenos Aires only two days but I will be back ti visit more with Salito Gutt, one of the best guides I have ever had.

Date of experience: June 2014
SalitoGutt, Owner at Jewish Tours Argentina, responded to this reviewResponded February 16, 2015

Ariel Shalom! I'm glad and happy about your Buenos Aires experience. I did, as always, the best I could to make your tour unforgettable. Thank you for visiting my loved Buenos Aires city and please call again soon. Lets stay in touch via Facebook!

Reviewed February 15, 2015

Our vacation to Argentina was one of our most memorable mostly made possible by Jewish Tours Argentina. Owner Salito Gutt showed us all the pertinent Jewish sites but it was the history and personal stories that made the tours so interesting. Salito also lead us on non- Jewish tours where he proved just as knowledgeable. We met his wife Silvia and we felt like old friends immediately! Although it has been some time since our trip, we keep in touch regularly.
If you are going to Buenos Aires your trip will be enhanced if you book a tour with Jewish Tours Argentina. Sharon Goldman, Connecticut

Date of experience: March 2014

Dear Sharon Shalom! I'm happy you enjoyed your vacation in Argentina. You are always welcome so please call again and thank you for choosing my country for your trip! The time we spent together is a treasure for me!

Reviewed February 14, 2015

Salito Gutt, a native of Buenos Aires, provides an authentic, well informed, and richly engrossing history of the Jews in Buenos Aires. Salito has personally witnessed firsthand many of the significant and tragic period of Jewish life in Argentina including, of course, the tragic demise of Mr. NIsman on the verge of his rumored indictment of the President of Argentina! Salito even helped us identify cousins whom we know lived in Buenos Aires but tragically were identified among the "disappeared" Jews in Argentina; if you are interested in learning about modern Jewish times in Buenos Aires, contact Jewish Tours Argentina where you can reach Salito Gutt

Date of experience: February 2015
SalitoGutt, Owner at Jewish Tours Argentina, responded to this reviewResponded February 15, 2015

Dear Chuck! Thank you for your compliments! The investigation we had to do to trace your relatives was more than interesting and illustrative! Thank you for visiting my country and please call again soon