“Tierra Awesome”

Ranked #87 of 795 things to do in Buenos Aires
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Reviewed January 18, 2013

At first we were a bit cynical about the idea of a religious theme park. But then something happend, as we entered a spiritual cloud swept over us and we were teleported back in time to ancient Jerusalem it was like Jesus was walking beside us. What was also cool is that there were tiny frogs hopping every where, like a plague of frogs, which was like so Biblical. When Jesus rose out of the statue to Handels Missiah I nearly wet myself with joy. The belly dancers where schmokin hot too.

5  Thank Ciara O

Reviewed January 12, 2013

From Recoletta we took a cab (almost 50 peso's)
Entrance Fee ..50 Peso's each (100)
Mediocre Dinner .. 100 Peso's
Cab Ride Home... 50 Peso's
Laugh.... we found it more tragic then funny - we went thinking it would be amusing - took some pictures but really think that there are so many wonderful things to see in this city that to miss this to instead do something..or nothing at all ;) is a better plan.

2  Thank LS T
Reviewed January 1, 2013

This place is not for extremely religious people looking for a pilgrimage or for a fun way to educate their kids. It's for people who like to stop at road side attractions-like the biggest ball of twine or a Ripley's Believe it or Not museum at the beach. Come for the kitsch value and the belly laughs. It's poorly maintained, overpriced, and the tunnels smell like urine and mold. The light shows are hilarious (in a way not intended) and the fake world is one step away from collapse-is the whole place paper mache (some of the mannequins are already missing fingers!)?

1  Thank namchegompa
Reviewed September 18, 2012

Ever since I heard of this theme park, I was obsessed with going to it. I'm not even Christian, but I just had to see this. And I'm really glad I did, it was really a bit kitschy but it was really interesting and fun, and it has been years since I was in a theme park! But, they don't make it easy. First, it is way the heck out, sandwiched between the airport (not EZE, the other one) and a water park. There are excursions to get there but they are expensive and I signed up for one for the convenience, but they cancelled it because of some problem with the excursion bus, so at 3:30 on Sunday afternoon I was desperately seeking a way to get there. It's only open on Friday, Saturday, Sunday and holidays, so if you are here for a very limited time (I was here for just 5 days because I was here for work), you have to act fast or you are SOL. You can get there with the 45 bus but I couldn't find a stop for one going in that direction so I ended up taking a taxi which was 44 pesos from Plaza San Martin. I was able to find the 45 stop for the return, it's right out the front gate. So it is really kitschy in so many ways, but suspend that, since you are already here, you've accepted that. It's 50 pesos to get in if you are an adult, cheaper for kids under 3 or Argentine kids. There are TONS of kids and school groups, and there are places for kids to do some kinds of activities, as well as places to shop (though I didn't see anything really to buy, and I really wanted to buy some kind of souvenir - they all seemed to be kind of kitschy and cheap, I was hoping for rosary beads that were stunning) and snack, including one that had middle eastern (Arabic) food. The people working there are all dressed in biblical-Jerusalem-wear, and there are fabricated lots of sheep, camels, people (and the people are all colors, including black and brown, which was nice to see, although they made all the Jesuses white). It takes you through the stories of Creation, a bit on the Old Testament with Abraham, lots of Jesus' life, from nativity to Last Supper. There are also huts on different miracles, different artwork depicting the Blessed Virgin and Jesus, including a replica of the pieta by Michelangelo, different huts highlighting different important saints and historical figures, a part of the waters of Jordan, Martin Luther, Pope John Paul, Mother Teresa, the Wailing Wall replica, and I was very happy to see a really big part on St. Francis the patron saint of animals, there is also a synagogue explaining some Jewish historical and artifacts, this seemed to fascinate a lot of people and the little they had - mezuzot, hanukkiah, reading the Torah - seemed pretty accurate, and they had a mosque - same thing with what they had inside that as well. There is a "mountain" you can climb to see the whole park from above (and gives a really good view of the Resurrection). Lots of Jesus on the cross on this mountain, and it's also kind of funny to see the planes flying overhead this mod-Jerusalem! The different exhibits are so numerous - it's not a gigantic park as far as space but there's a LOT crammed in, you can walk through different passages and enter the Roman coliseum, go back through some of the other areas and you can see different scenes leading to the Crucifixion, etc. And then I have to speak to the shows. There was some nice music in the Roman amphitheatre, but there are 4 mechanized exhibits and shows - one that depicts creation, one that is the Nativity, the Last Supper, and the Resurrection. The first three are mechanized moving people, animals and items, with lighting and narration, that go through the events, each lasts between 5-15 mins. Then hourly there is the Resurrection which has this enormous Jesus go up from the mountain, with "alleluia" chorus and turning back and forth to the stupefied people below. It was pretty cool to see, and then I saw it from the back, from the top of the mountain which was also pretty cool. It was quite the religious experience!

1  Thank philsdottir
Reviewed July 16, 2012

The funniest part was seeing Jesus rise from the ground and spin around. Hilarious!
I would only recommend this to die hard Christians. I wouldn't have believed this place existed had I not seen it for myself! Hard not to laugh the entire time!

1  Thank Solita A