Stayed on 3 separate occasions during a 3 week trip to Argentina when using BA as a base. Rooms fantastic, very large and well appointed, location good and cleanliness standards high. Breakfast choice adequate. Reception staff in particular Claudio extremely helpful. Negatives are that we had issues on checkin and checkout and with laundry. On checkin, I had booked a suite but hotel system was showing standard but once I had presented paper confirmation of booking, everything was sorted immediately. A piece of my laundry never came back from housekeeping even though it could not have been anywhere other than my room or housekeeping and with the hotel refusing to acknowledge they had received it, I was unable to claim on my insurance. We had enquired about a late checkout the night before departure and were told to ask again in the morning which we did. We were told we could have it. However, on checkout we were asked to pay the late checkout charge and the management would not budge even though we told them we should have been told when we were granted it that it was not complimentary and that we would have to charge (as happens every other time I have requested a late checkout in any hotel). So after paying, we were then asked for 7 pesos for some water we had consumed from the mini-bar, which I found very unprofessional) bearing. They tried to tell us that the tour company we had used refused to pay for late checkout. It was actually nothing to do with the tour company as the final two nights were reservations made for when the rest of the group had departed. Well I guess I have learnt 2 things from this hotel, even after years and years of travelling the world - get someone from housekeeping to double check the items in a laundry bag as you hand them over and when granted a late checkout, ask whether there is a charge. Don't let this put you off using this hotel but be forewarned and forearmed.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Esplendor Buenos Aires combines a restored Neo-Renaissance facade with avant-garde interiors. Its strategic location, next to the prestigious Galerías Pacífico mall and meters away from Florida Street, make it the ideal place for those who want to discover this incredible city. Although in the heart of downtown Buenos Aires, it is possible to enjoy the serenity of its spacious rooms. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Esplendor Buenos Aires reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Esplendor Buenos Aires Hotel Buenos Aires
- Esplendor Hotel Buenos Aires
- Buenos Aires Esplendor Hotel