“Great B&B”

Ranked #35 of 256 Buenos Aires B&B and Inns
usa
“Great B&B”
Reviewed January 4, 2010

We spent out last 3 nights in Argentina at Solar Soler and thoroughly enjoyed our stay. Nicely located, with a lovely central area, good breakfasts, and very helpful staff. We especially enjoyed Juan's recommendations for anything from a restaurant to a tango show to Argentinian music. We would stay there again!

• Stayed December 2009, traveled as a couple
1 Thank edmichel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Seattle, WA
Reviewed December 31, 2009

We stayed at Solar Soler at the end of our tip in Argentina and it was great. The staff was friendly and very helpful and the hotel was clean and quiet. The rooms were small but nicely decorated and had everything we needed. There was a small breakfast served downstairs every morning and a kitchen that was available to use all day. The location was great, lots of restaurants and shops within walking distance and close to public transportation as well.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled with family
1 Thank cecurry54
San Francisco
Reviewed December 20, 2009

I had a fantastic experience at Solar Soler and I will definitely stay at the bed and breakfast again the next time I'm in Buenos Aires.

I arrived at Solar Soler after a two week trek through Patagonia. All my expectations were not only met but exceeded.

ROOM: My room, located off the patio, was spacious and airy, very clean, had a ton of natural light and was very quiet. I slept well during my stay. My bed was very comfortable and all the linens/towels, etc were clean and good quality. Patio was darling! Decorated with flowers and plants, I had a pleasant time sitting at one of the tables out there, reading in the early evening.

SERVICE: Saying the Solar employees were attentive is an understatement. They were consistently friendly and helpful. I only stayed three nights but I think most of them knew me by name or at least by "room" by the end of my stay. Staff was always on hand to answer any questions and give advice. I requested a taxi to take me to the airport at the end of my stay and it arrived on time (not the case with other places I stayed in Argentina).

One member of the staff, Victoria, went out of her way to help me with a personal issue - I lost my medicine while in Patagonia and arranged for a family member to send some to Solar so I'd have some medicine upon my return to BA. Long story short, there was a question of whether Argentina would allow random "drugs" from the US to be simply mailed into their country. Without being asked, Victoria took the time to call the proper authorities to find out how what we needed to do to get the package delivered. And this was still a week and a half out from my checking into the hotel. I feel this is a good example of how the Solar staff treats its guests - as valuable clients.

LOCATION: I loved the location. Yes, Solar is not located near the typical tourist hubs in the center of the city (i.e.: Plaza De Mayo), but that was why I chose Solar. When I first arrived in Buenos Aires two weeks earlier, I stayed in a hotel in the Retiro area. I believe the hotel charged higher rates than Solar and, to be honest, the service wasn't all that great, plus it was noisy. Two weeks later, I enjoyed visiting Florida street and the Plaza De Mayo but was relieved to leave the throngs of tourists at the end of the day and return to Solar in the charming (and quieter) residential area of Palermo. Solar is located near the cute shopping/pub district of Palermo Soho, the expansive BA park/museum area and the posh Ricoletta neighborhood (which includes the weekend Ricoleta street fair and also the must-see cemetery). When I wanted to visit Plaza De Mayo, etc, I walked to the Palermo subway station, located about 10 minutes from Solar, and took the train. It was easy, I swear :).

BREAKFAST: I stayed in quite a few hotels/hostels during my time in Argentina and Solar's breakfast was the best. Sliced fresh fruit, cereal, yogurt, toast, tea/coffee, croissants and I'm sure I'm leaving some items out.

Many thanks to the staff at Solar – I hope to see you again soon!
-E

• Stayed December 2009, traveled solo
1 Thank Emily L
Frankfurt
Reviewed December 13, 2009

Located right between the shopping street Av.Santa Fe and the bars and restaurants of Palermo Hollywood; the clubs, bars and shops of Palermo Viejo nearby. Very friendly staff and good service - we could even take a shower eight hours after check out as we had a late flight. Quite supportive, hospitable and helpful people!
Highly recommendable if you stay a few days in Bs.As. and need a base for your excursions in this big city!

• Stayed December 2009, traveled with friends
Louisville, KY
Reviewed September 22, 2009

We had a two week visit to Argentina and stayed our last 3 nights here. After touring the country it was relaxing to stay at the Solar Soler. It is conveniently relocated, clean and the staff was friendly and helpful. I would recommend this place if you want to site see during the day, enjoy Buenos Aires night life and relax.

Stayed September 2009, traveled as a couple
Necochea, Argentina
Reviewed June 13, 2009

From the outside this place is not much to look at, but inside you will find that the B&B is tastefully appointed. The room was spacious and clean with a tiny balcony that overlooked the patio/garden filled with flowers. The desk attendants were helpful and they provided suggestions for places to eat in the vicinity of the B&B. Breakfast was simple but did the job. :) My father also stayed here in a room that much smaller. He liked the hotel but would choose a larger room next time. He also used the free WiFi which he said was quite fast.

• Stayed October 2008, traveled as a couple
Aracaju, Sergipe, Brasil
Reviewed April 23, 2009

Well, we chose SOLAR SOLER because we looked for some nice place to stay in BAs, and, for real, it worthed. The first room we went had a terrible noise problem (we could hear the other room like they were inside ours). I came to complain and the boy in the reception told me we could take another room for the same price. I think this was gentle, and the staying was fine, room service worked without any trouble, breakfast was delicious. The location is near the hot spots of BAs, but far from the tourist sites (San Telmo, Recoleta, Puerto Madero), but its the place where the "porteños" go, so, its cheaper and local. Many Restaurants, Bars, Cafes, etc, for less than 10 minutes of walking.

• Stayed March 2009, traveled as a couple