“3 Star?” 2 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #90 of 450 Hotels in Buenos Aires
Pretoria, South Africa
“3 Star?”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 21, 2014

First thing I have to say is they offered the best exchange rate 11 Peisos (spelling?) for 1 dollar not bad. And secondly their front desk clerks are very professional helpful and can speak English properly. Specifically "Archundo" if I remember his name right.

We were quite surprised upon late arrival as neither by boyfriend and I were expecting to be placed having the Cemetery where Eva du Arte's Mausoleum is as our "View". Look we loved it as who gets to have that viewpoint of this famous graveyard for a whole three days? I felt privileged ...not sure about my boyfriend as he is not really into walking in graveyards. Not on his bucket list so to speak.

Anyhow, the hotel is nice and clean even though our room wasn't cleaned the first day as the service only pitched at 4 when we returned from our Tour in the City. We just didn't have the stamina for a cleaner as well so we asked her to not come in.

The facilities were a little disappointing, the fridge didn't work, there was no ice compartment, there was barely any crockery in the little "kitchen" they had. No bottle openers in other words, no kettle, no toaster, but a Microwave?. The Fridge problem meant no ice, so even if we wanted to celebrate or drink our misfortune away....it wasn't going to be pleasant.....lol.

They tried to charge us for a bottle of water from the "minibar" which didn't work, but we had bought all our own food from the I think "health store/cafe" around the corner as they did not have any chips/crisps and everything I bought turned out to be low calorie or "no sugar" or something healthy, which is not bad, I suppose. So they tried to charge us for something we didn't have actually I think we left a bottle of water there, but my boyfriend said, they sometimes just try it with foreigners. Well this South African kept count of everything.

We changed our booking at this specific hotel to a different Hotel, just to have a different experience in a different part of the city, and not because of the lack of "all sorts" just to be told by the agent that the 4 star hotel she was booking us into cost the same? REALLY?!!!

Anyhow that's another story.

Cyan Recoleta had shower curtains.....a big NO-NO for me...I hate it it's a germs breading place.
It had Aircon, which didn't really make a difference even on 16 degrees celcius.
It had a fridge which didn't work
Didn't even try the Micro.
No Kettle.
Nice cupboards and relatively modern with the Black and white décor, but well worn, the black glass cupboards were cracked and empty....wondering why they had them......Anyhow you know what, what an adventure and if you are willing to close your eyes to a couple of faults....okay more than a couple,
The bed wasn't bad
The cemetery was beautiful(biased)
The shower had good pressure and was easy to figure out.
It was clean
And the breakfasts were welcome and they had EGGS believe it or not, fruit and tomatoes were a little scarce though.

Tip: Make sure of your change and what you give the cashiers.....I experienced a couple of times where I was way short changed, I didn't make a fuss as I'm in a poor country, but still one doesn't like feeling cheated.

Shani

Room Tip: Make sure you get the right change and give the right amount, also make sure if you want a shower cu...
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
      Rooms
      Cleanliness
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank Sháni H

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Mexico City, Mexico
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 2, 2014 via mobile

It is a small hotel very good located, you can walk to a lot of nice places in front of a nice cemetery. With a good service and a fare price. Clean and secure, with all the necessary services. Maybe the breakfast it's not the best, but it was not very important to me.

Stayed February 2014
Buenos Aires, Argentina
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 15, 2014 via mobile

If you like being awake at 7:30am with sledgehammers. This is the place for you. Nice modern rooms and a good location, but unfortunately for them the neighbors are loud. Do not stay here. I had to move across town.

3 Thank N8541M
Miami, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 10, 2013

Hotel's location is the best. In the heart of Recoleta Neighborhood.
Cyan Recoleta Hotel is new, clean and comfortable.
Staff is really helpfull.
When I come back to Buenos Aires, I will definitely go to Cyan again.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple