“Great STAFF!!!”

The Hostel-Inn Buenos Aires
Buenos Aires, Argentina
“Great STAFF!!!”
Reviewed December 9, 2013

I've spent 3 weeks there. First in this room 1 and after a week I came back from Saint Paul in the romm number 5. Until this moment everything was so fine! Great STAFF, well located, and clean.
The thing is, after a week in a room, they offered me a dorm. I don't use to do dorms because I usually have lots of luggages and bags. The last nightin this dorm I found my things in another place, my dress used to be in the laundry, so I kept it in my bed, but by this time there was another person in my bed.
The woman told me that she didn´t like to sleep in the upper bed, I said: Ok, no problem, but I think the Staff should have told me so.
That Saturday I choose another bed, wake up really early because my friend was comming from Brazil to another Hostel, so by the end of the day I arrived the place and the owner asked the staff not allows me to enter. They kept the door closed and by that place they asked me to leave, pay and go. My 3 bags and a shopping one has been put in a trash bag.
The thing is, the STAFF people are just amazing, the owner, what a shame! I can´t tell the same. I inteded to stay 2 months left next season, but by now, in not so sure they will be able to have me there.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
2 Thank marinacarrilho

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 26, 2013

the hostel has absolutely no atmosphere and is really boring and depressing. the breakfast is extremely basic and the rooms are very very noisy especially if youŕe staying near reception. Do not go here especially if youre a solo traveller as you will not meet any one. Perhaps it might be suitable for people looking for some peace, quite and privacy.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
3 Thank Curt H
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed November 6, 2013

Nice enough place, staff were great, room was a good size location right in San Telmo. Have to say its noisy but, super noisy. Wooden floors throughout, and the common areas aren't really separate from the rooms so it's noisy. Door slamming seems to go on all night and then begins at 6am. With loud conversations and all the rest. Besides the noise, all good, enjoyed the breakfast.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Leiden, The Netherlands
Reviewed August 11, 2013

The hotel is nicely located in San Telmo, close to the metro and a few blocks from Plaza Dorrego. It's an old house which causes the hotel to be extremely noisy. It surprises me this isn't mentioned in many other reviews. You can hear people talk, screaming, have sex, cleaning, everything. During the night it's quite quiet but the noise in the morning starts around 7-7.30. The shared bathrooms could be cleaner and the toilets don't seem to flush easily, as people had left their turds without flushing. We found a lot of them.

The wifi is okay and there are two computers you can make use of. The breakfast is fine too, although the utensils are mostly dirty. The staff is very friendly and you can make use of the hostel facilities after checking out. There is also a free luggage storage room.

We paid 110 per person, per night for a matrimonial room with shared bathroom, pre booked.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Montevideo, Uruguay
Reviewed March 12, 2013

I LOVED my stay at the hostel, will definitely be a repeat customer. The staff was friendly and really helpful with my travel plans (bookings and stuff), place was clean and there was a GREAT breakfast (different options). Its really close to all the touristy spots & easy travel (buses and subway near by). I highly recommend it for anyone looking for a place to stay in Buenos Aires.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
Buenos Aires, Argentina
Reviewed January 18, 2013

I felt like home!!!!!!!! They were all sooooo welcoming!!!!!! And it's near the transportation facilities (bus and underground), and also nearby many of tourism places.
San Telmo it's awesome!!!!!!!!!!

Room Tip: I slept in the room number 15, was a big room and had a comfortable bed. It is recommended!!!
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
Brisbane, Australia
Reviewed January 12, 2013

I stayed in the Hostel Inn for 5 nights in a female dorm and overall I enjoyed my stay. The staff at the front desk are very freindly and helpful, they called the port for me when I had an issue with my ferry ticket which I really appreciated. The bathrooms are cleaned every day and the breakfast is basic but fine. The free wi-fi mostly works perfectly and the guest computers are also very good. I felt very safe, like I knew most of the staff and guests. The room had a lot of noise from the busy street below which sometimes made it difficult to sleep. Being a young solo traveller, I would have preferred a few more organised activities and a better common area to meet people in. I would recommend this to travellers looking for a quiet, friendly hotel in San Telmo.

Room Tip: Choose a room that does not face directly onto the busy road at the front
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled solo