My partner and I stayed at the BoBo for four nights on our recent trip to South America.
1. Small hotel: There are only seven rooms in this hotel, so it is a very manageable size. Feels a little like staying in a modern B&B, actually. And the small size ensures that you get great service, particularly from the concierge.
2. Fantastic concierge(s): The concierge would help you with absolutely anything. Where to see authentic tango? Where to eat the best steak? Where not to walk for safety reasons? All of this would be answered in a friendly way. And, she would always get us reservations at the best table or the best seat in the house. Fantastic!
3. Rooms are spotless: The cleaning staff at this hotel is the best I've seen anywhere.
4. Nice breakfast: The food in the hotel's restaurant is great, especially at breakfast. There are a wide variety of choices that are included in your room rate. All very tasty and fresh. Plus, they have "extra" items that you can order and pay a very nominal fee for (e.g. French Toast, Bagel with Lox, etc.) that are also great. Plus, the orange juice is the best I've had anywhere. Service can be a bit slow, though.
5. Very nice outdoor terrace: Our room (which isn't atypical, I don't think) had a great outdoor terrace where you could sit and have a drink or surf the net. Very peaceful and nice. There is a school next door, and they had graduation one night...which was the only non-peaceful night. But they sang and danced, and it was fun to watch...so not an issue.
6. Free WiFi: Fast and free.
7. Good location if you want to be in Palermo Viejo: Palermo Viejo is a high-end, quaint shopping district that also has great restaurants. Pretty quiet by B.A. standards. So perfect if you're going to B.A. to shop and eat. That said, it is a bit far from the city's center, so, if you want to be close to the bustling center, think a 20 minute cab ride. Cabs are cheap, fortunately. (A cab ride to the center is probably $4 US).
8. Reasonable rates: I believe we paid $140 US per night for a standard room, which was entirely reasonable. You do pay in USD, though. So changes in the exchange rate aren't going to affect you either way.
OK, there are a few things you have to know:
1. Decor: The decor is very modern/hip. Probably not everyone's style. Each room has a different theme, based on era. We had the 80s room (Room #4), and it was a bit off-putting, to be honest. Maybe some of the other rooms are more charming, but ours wasn't.
2. Neighborhood: Again, if want to be close to the city center, you are a bit far. There would be other places to stay if this is your goal.
But, all in all, a very good place to stay.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- BoBo Hotel & Restaurant is located in the heart of Palermo Soho, an upscale district of Bueno Aires. This self- described "Bourgeois Bohemian" hotel is just that- with a touch of class. The BoBo is an old town house that recently was refurbished to include modern, elegant decor while maintaining the structure and charm of the 1927'house.At the entrance of the Hotel is the BoBo Restaurant, a place of demanding palates. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets, Hotwire, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Hotel.de and HotelQuickly so you can book your BoBo Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Bobo Hotel Buenos Aires
- Hotel Bobo Buenos Aires
- Bobo Buenos Aires