“Very good experience”
Review of Hotel Madero

Hotel Madero
Ranked #34 of 440 Hotels in Buenos Aires
Reviewed July 16, 2013

Hotel is very good. The room we stayed was large enough and very confortable. Lobby has a very nice bar and the gym is ok, in spite,of the only 2 trademills and the few equipments. Swimming pool is very good. Another very nice thing on this hotel is its location (five minutes walking from the famous puerto madero and its wonderful restaurants ) . The only thing they really need to improvemis the breakfast.

Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Beto11
HotelMadero, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at Hotel Madero, responded to this reviewResponded July 23, 2013

Thank you very much for your comments. We really appreciate them. We look forward to see you again!

Write a ReviewReviews (1,909)

Reviewed July 13, 2013

I was here on business and all was set up in advance. However, a special public holiday was announced for the second day of my trip. I explained the situation to the receptionist (I need to check out late and need a place to to work from during the Argentine public holiday). A minimal fee was charged for the late check out and I was upgraded to a better room with better possibilities for working. This is what I call excellent service. The receptionist gets 6 stars out of 5.

The room was spacious and comfortable. I had my own balcony and a desk to work from. The wireless worked well, so I was actually working from the balcony - enjoying the sun. The breakfast is nothing to write home about. But there are some nice restaurants pretty close by. In general the area a bit bland but there are nice areas within walking distance.

Unfortunately I have to give Madero a 4 instead of a 5, because the pool is disgusting. It needs a thorough rinse and there a things floating in the water that I do not want to describe here.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
HotelMadero, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at Hotel Madero, responded to this reviewResponded July 15, 2013

We appreciate and thank you honestly for your comments. We value our guest’s comments which are of our most interest and concern. That weekend we had a problem with the swimming pool´ pump that was already solved.

Reviewed July 4, 2013 via mobile

The hotel is beautiful, well mantained and well decorated, the location was perfect, in the heart of Puerto Madero, close to everything. The staff was pretty polite and tried to solve me two problems, but with no success.... I couldn't get wireless signal for internet in my room and the air conditioning wasn't working because of hotel policies - they do not turn the central air conditioning on the winter months - but my room was very hot and by opening the window, all the noise from the street was a bit disturbing....

• Stayed: June 2013
1  Thank Carol_Fal
HotelMadero, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at Hotel Madero, responded to this reviewResponded July 5, 2013

Thank you very much for your comments! We appreciate to know those aspects that are an opportunity for improvement. We hope to have a second chance and to exceed your expectations.

Reviewed June 27, 2013 via mobile

The hotel is in a safe waterside location with lots of resteraunts. It is a short walk to the pink palace and other tourist locations. The famous San Thelma market on Sundays is a quick 10 min walk. There is no bus service near, but so much is located in the neighborhood

• Stayed: June 2013
HotelMadero, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at Hotel Madero, responded to this reviewResponded July 3, 2013

We are happy to know that you have felt comfortable in the Hotel. We hope to see you soon again!

Reviewed June 16, 2013

We stayed a couple of nights while on business trip. The hotel is located in a nice up and coming area, which is a little out of the way, but very close to. Lot of nice bars/ restaurants. The rooms are spacious and beautiful (make sure you ask for a room with a view on the water, rather than on the inside courtyard), bed very comfortable, nice bathrooms and shower. My room had a little kitchen, which is always nice to have. Breakfast is included and very good quality. Service good, including a nice touch the last day when we found in the room a little bottle of fizz with a thank you note that was - surprisingly - written in Italian, my mother tongue. This is. Hotel I will look forward to coming back to...I wish all hotels I stayed in on business were as good. The only thing missing from perfection is that you need to pay for wifi....really? Why do nice hotel charge for wifi??? And on top of paying for it, you can only use one device at the time :-(

Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
HotelMadero, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at Hotel Madero, responded to this reviewResponded June 17, 2013

Thank you very much for share your experience with other people through this web site. It is nice to know that you have felt comfortable and that you have appreciated our service. We hope to see you soon!

Reviewed June 9, 2013

Not surprising. A very good quality 5 star hotel. The neighbourhood is great. Puerto Madero is the "new" and modern district very close to San Telmo, which you have to see of course.

Rooms are big and clean, the room service is very good. The food was ok for a 5 star hotel. Excellent choice of food at breakfast.

Room Tip: Choose the room with the harbour view.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled solo
HotelMadero, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at Hotel Madero, responded to this reviewResponded June 10, 2013

thank you very much for sharing your expierence through this web site and for allowing to know that your stay was pleasant! We look forward to see you again.

Reviewed May 31, 2013

This is one of the better hotel's I've ever stayed in.

The room was HUGE, with a balcony and a nicely fitted bathroom. Plenty of storage room and even a bar to eat dinner at if you have room service.

Facilities were nice, the pool was warm and the gym was a good size for a hotel.

Breakfast was INCREDIBLE! I think we had a special breakfast since it was independence day in Argentina, but the next 2 days were also perfect.

Hotel also has a pool table and a few really nices bars and areas to relax.

My only problem is this hotel doesn't offer WIFI for free. I can't in good conscience give it a 5 star without. I would stay here again without a shadow of a doubt (if they gave me free wifi).

Location is a tiny bit out the way but perfect for a quiet weekend, plus plenty of great restaurants around. Siga la Vaca is by far the best restaurant!

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
HotelMadero, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at Hotel Madero, responded to this reviewResponded June 4, 2013

Dear Tom, we are happy to know that you have felt comfortable and that have enjoyed so much your stay at Hotel Madero. We hope to see you soon again!