“Reasonable price, good location”

Hotel Bisonte Libertad
Ranked #164 of 447 Hotels in Buenos Aires
Mar del Plata, Argentina
“Reasonable price, good location”
Reviewed January 10, 2014

For the price we got on booking.com (55 USD + tax, January 2014) the hotel was pretty good.
The room size was just OK, nice big bed, clean, excellent location in Buenos Aires.
We did not take breakfast or used much service from the front desk, so I cannot comment on these.
I can just mention three things that could be improved:
1) as there is no parking in the hotel, it would be helpful if they could recommend and even better, offer a discount in one of the many parkings nearby. We were unlucky and we choose one that did not allow overnight stays, which we discovered after parking, so we had to pay 1 hour and look for another one
2) there is no anti-slippery mat on the bathtub or a handle to grab, you feel very unsafe in the shower
3) we returned to the room after dinner to find the the two bed lamps (only kind of light in the room) were unplugged. We had to call the doorman but all he did was shine with his cell phone while my husband had to lie on the floor to locate the plugs on the wall, under the bed heads...

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Marcela_MDP

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Staten Island, New York
Reviewed December 27, 2013

The hotel entrance is very bad designed! One could have an accident by trying to climb the high steps to the entrance door! Use the revolving door instead, because the steps leading to it are much shorter!!!! They should install a barrier so people will know not to climb the very high steps!
Then there is the personnel, it seemed like some days they want to be nice and other days they were just plain nasty. The room was cleaned very late in the afternoon, and that's because we had to remind them that the room was not ready. The air conditioner, it's make believe you could control it, but really it is centrally controlled and it gets very hot in the afternoon. The breakfast was supposed to be good...but the waitresses were very lazy to replenish the items. Instead they were busy stacking glasses, plates, or shining the cutlery...ignoring the hotel guests. They have two elevators, but usually one of them is out of order, and it takes forever to come!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Valijaslistas
Lugano, Switzerland
Reviewed October 30, 2013

We stayed for 2 nights and it was the WORST experience ever. We arrived at 10.00 after a long flight and after more than 20 minutes waiting only a porter told us that the check in is at 14.00 and to come back even at 14.30 in order to try to get our room. There was no one to talk to about the chance of paying an extra night as we were really tired and wanted only to rest. But if it was not enough, when we came back at 14.30, it took us more than 30 minutes to get our room. When the miracle happened, I just wanted to have a shower and relax, I opened the shower and there was some hair in there, showing that the cleanning is just an option for them, I dressed up again and my husband and myself decided to go to get some money in order to pay the hotel as they expected it inmediately, so we went to the front desk and complained about the "cleaning" problem, and Mr. Oscar assured that something would be done, after an hour we came back, settled the bill, and when my husband asked for the recepit, Mr.Oscar sadi: "Do not worry, I will send it to your room". When we got to the, room NOTHING had been done, the hair still where they were before and no one had checked anything. I came down again and Mr. Oscar told me that I was inventing things, because according to him the Housekeeping Manager had already checked the room and that everything was fine, so I asked that that person comes to my room to show her,. he was even annoied about that. So I asked to talk to the general manager and laughing he answered that he was not there anymore, so I asked to be contacted next day. After 15 minutes the HK Mgr arrived to the room and I showed her the hair and she apologized staying that was not informed at all about this, and she personally started to clean the bathroom.
After this episode and aproximately1 hour the receipt never arrived to the room and while I was taking a shower my husband came down asking for it and Mr. Oscar made a manual one with even the wrong date. No need to say that the receipt was necessary because at check-out no record of the payment was found...
When my husband got into the room I had just left the shower, so he opened the bed for me, finding a big spot of something (I really do not want to know what was that substance) and when he opened his side the sheet had a hole, Obviously it isn't something that you expect in a 4 stars hotel. so I called again the FD and asked for the HK Mgr, who came and could not believe our bad luck. and proceed to change the whole bed set and finally we could rest.
If it was not enough to convince you not to go to this hotel, keep reading because there is more to tell.The next day we went to the breakfast room and at least there we found someone greet us. the breakfast is not the best ever, but at least the personnel was nice, do NOT drink the juices, they are powder drinks as the waiter told me, so please save yourself of this chemicals.
Then we left the hotel and relaxed visiting the city and shopping and I swear I was ready to forget all the problems in there and just enjoy our last night in Buenos Aires, but unfortunatelly when we came back to the room, I found a DIRTY cloth on the bed, full of dust and dirti, so I took it with a piece of tissue and came down to the FD and found Mr. Oscar again. when I reported the facts, he told me with a smile on his face "sorry, but what can I do?" I asked if he was serious and he said "what do you want from me?" so I asked again for the manager and I finally had the opportunity to talk to someone, but it was totally worthless, as they ovbiously do not have any idea about what customer services, cleaning and 4 star hotel services mean.
If you go to Buenos Aires please do not go to this hotel! The lobby can seem renewed or maybe you can be amazed about the location but the rooms and the FD personnel will make live your worst nightmare ever.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
4 Thank Diana T

Travelers are raving about these Buenos Aires hotels

London
Reviewed October 20, 2013 via mobile

The only positive about the hotel is the location. Our room was a disaster: tiny, too warm, unfinished with no tiles in the bathroom. The whole place needed major renovation. We left as soon as we could. Nothing like in the pictures.

Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple