“Decent hotel”
Review of Concorde Hotel

Concorde Hotel
Ranked #409 of 443 Hotels in Buenos Aires
Reviewed August 7, 2013

Hotel is fairly decent and a good value for money. Comfortable however smallish room. Reception staff is quite efficient, made quick check in and check out without any delay and were responsive to my inquiries. Location is also very good - right in central part of the city and in walking distance to airport bus and Uruguay ferry terminals. Nearest subte (metro) station is not far away. Buffet breakfast was ample and with sufficient choice of meals. However everything were arranged untidy and many tables were full of dirty dishes left by other guests so overall impression of breakfast was not that great.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank Azad690
There are newer reviews for Concorde Hotel

Reviewed May 2, 2013

We booking online through Hot Wire reservation, suppose to be an excellent hotel and location. First the location of this hotel is not Puerto Madero, we did ask for a room with double bed size (that mean queen) we been accommodate in a single room with 2 twin bed in very bad condition just seat on bed this swing and we almost bend on the floor, the room smelling was terrible, no space to set suitcase Under our complain on the following day being moved to a other room in better size and with joint twin bed. very poor night table with no draw nothing just a metal leg with a 12x12 table top. Wi fi was not working on that room, I have go on the lobby to use my personal computer or use a public computer set on the lobby for everyone to use. For special reason we need to extend stay day by 3 more extra days of the original booking, Marcelo told will be honor the same price we paid on first reservation (he lies) the charge was 100% more, we pay because of the situation. The worst at all we purchased 2 T-shirt of Argentina Selection of Soccer and those was stolen from the room, I set the shopping plastic bag on one of the shelf in the closet. When I report that to the hotel staff one of the guy treat me as I was lie and for sure merchandise will appear later, or I may forget at any restaurant, he say you will came later and tell us that you find the t-shirt. On the following day we repurchase same shirt $500.00 Argentinian peso, and soon step in the hotel I show him the receipt and the shirt to let him know I did not find the shirt in the room. There was no compensation or apologizing for the inconvenience. I told him that hotel should have a security response to this cases, that well bed educated guy say it is a security safe box in the closet (7x7 inches big) should I have save t-shirt in the safe box? I did not know that. Shower to small can't bend to scrub my feet, tile in shower floor cracked, the little entrance to the room floor carpet dirty and wall broken.Be aware if you are thinking booking a stay at this hotel. No privacy between rooms we can hear everything, no peace to sleep all night the street noise was terrible. Service room was done later on the day, in 2 weeks stay bed was changed only one time. Only one thing I have to say was good and is the break fest. Never again

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
4  Thank maria n
Reviewed February 2, 2013

I have chosen this hotel because it had a convenient for me location - in the city centre, close to Manuel tienda Leon bus and buquebus ferry terminals, an ideal place being in Buenos Aires just for 1 night in transit from ezeiza airport to montevideo. If I planned to stay in the city longer, I would not object stay in this hotel. Hotel was reasonably priced. My room was not large in size, especially small was a shower. However everything was comfortable and clean and suited me well. The room had tv, fridge, air conditioning. The only drawback was a noise from the window and construction and repair works all along the street. Buffet breakfast was quite sufficient with a good choice of cold meals, of which I keep more in mind various cakes and fruit. Reception staff were also friendly and efficient, providing quick check-in and -out and response to my requests.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed September 25, 2012

Even that is an old hotel, the rooms and public areas are very clean and good maintenance. The Service is excellent, very friendly and professional staff; the reception staff always offered us great options to visit, eat and also some security tips with the taxi drivers and so on. We stay for 6 days and the breakfast was the same every day; they should offer different options sometimes. The rooms are not sound proof and every night we hear the garbage truck.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed June 21, 2012

The hotel has a good website and this catch my attention...but getting there, it is too old and not very clean, the windows are not sound proof and it is hard to sleep because of the noise. Another problem is that we can hear everything the guest from next room was saying. So it means they were hearing us too, not the privacy I would look for in a hotel. Otherwise, the room service is impeccable, the employees all very polite and really try to serve as best as possible....the location is very good, close to Calle Florida, Porto madero, Casa Rosada.....Really easy to walk around and enjoy Buenos Aires.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 22, 2011

I like this hotel because you get what you pay for. Yes it is a bit run down and yes it is not luxurious but it is CHEAP. Great value for money. No complaints at all. Great location, a room high up was quiet and peaceful. Breakfast was fine.

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank 10pmix
Reviewed March 5, 2011

This hotel was well below expectations. The pictures do not represent the rooms correctly. First off, all rooms overlook a busy and very noisy road, right in the city centre. Secondly, the ac was extremely noisy and you had to keep the curtain back to get any of the cooling air.
The room was ok though, had a decent clean bathroom with hair dryer and you are right in the centre of town.
Breakfast was ok. Bread meat, cheese, coffee and fruit, all pretty standard.
If your looking for a decent sleep though, I would not recommend it.
We've also stayed at the Soco hotel which I would thoroughly recommend, the Spot b&b or the Mundial are also good.

• Stayed: March 2011
2  Thank Mr_MrsONeill
CONCORDEBSAS, Gerente at Concorde Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 18, 2011

Mr/Mrs Oneill, thank you very much for your comments. I'd like to tell you that on May we are changing all air conditioning, and remodelling all windows into soundproof ones. Hope to have you among our guests in the very near future. Regards