“Great location, clean hotel, good service”
Review of Waldorf Hotel

Waldorf Hotel
Ranked #188 of 440 Hotels in Buenos Aires
Reviewed March 2, 2007

By US standards, the Waldorf Hotel in BA may only receive an average rating, but I gave it an above average rating. I chose the hotel for the location, which was great--very close to Florida Street (lots of shopping and restaurants), but the hotel was also very clean, and the staff was very accomodating (their check-in time is 3 pm, but they let us check-in as early as 11 am). The rooms are small and that is the only reason why I believe I would give it an average rating by US standards, but other than that, I thought it was just right for our needs. Clean, good location and we only paid US$70 a night.

• Stayed: February 2007, traveled with family
10  Thank MagnificentAndersons

Reviewed January 19, 2007

Would have not chosen this hotel personally, but it was part of a the hotels selected by the company we'd booked a group tour with and was the first and last nights acommodation over a three week stay. It was pretty dismal to say the least. Breakfast was the saving grace, but having stayed in 3 rooms (had to change one a sthe toilet wouldn't work) and having compared rooms with my fellow travellers in the group, unless you're looking for very basic budget en-suite accommodation with no frills or any semblance of a bar, I suggest you look elsewhere. My suspicions were confirmed about the hotel when on our last night, having been out for a pleasant evening, we returned at 1 a.m to be greeted by the biggest cockroach (2" inch body) I have ever seen waiting in the corridor outside our room. If that one was happy to be exposed in the light, heaven knows how many more modest relatives it had lurking in the darkness. Doesn't bear thinking about.

Very concerned to hear about last post's experiences with missing property, as we were there at the same time.

• Stayed: January 2007
13  Thank anonKingston
Reviewed December 29, 2006

Our family decided to visit Buenos Aires with another family, also professors at a Brazilian university, and we spent six days at the Waldorf Hotel in Buenos Aires. It was only as we were checking out of the hotel did we realize that one of our Nintendo Game Boys was missing from our luggage. Later, on the trip home we verified that other items were missing: an MP3 player, two pen drives, a cell phone and even an apron which had been bought as a present. We were really cleaned out at the hotel! Later on, we sent e-mails complaining and received no answer. Speaking with the ill-mannered manager (Elena?) on the phone, we were treated to a tirade in which she denied everything and tried to blame our children. Our only recourse is to share our experience with other travelers. If you decide to stay at the Waldorf Hotel, expect no mercy from the thieves or sympathy from the management!

• Stayed: December 2006, traveled with family
13  Thank ATravelerGaucho
Reviewed December 21, 2006

Great location to visit La Florida Avenue & central downtown sites. Reasonably priced restaurants in the immediate area. Room was simple but clean. Just the basics. Felt comfortable leaving our valuables in the safe at the main desk. Would stay here again.

• Stayed: December 2006, traveled as a couple
5  Thank alongfortheride
Reviewed October 30, 2006

I laughed when i read the positive reviews of the Waldorf Hotel in Buenos Aires. Really there are only two good things about this hotel. The first is the location. It is on a relatively quiet street but in the center of the City. It is convenient to almost everything one would want to see in Buenos Aires. The second thing good about the hotel is the price. It is inexpensive and generally the cheapest option on a number of tour packages.

I agree with a previous poster about the small uncomfortable rooms. The rooms were closet sized and quite uncomfortable. The air conditioning was so noisy and it made alot of vibration noises as it moved from fan to air. The TV Set was very small and sat way up high. It was difficult to watch. The beds were rock hard and uncomfortable and only single sized. If you are tall, your feet will go over the bed. The noise from the neighbors and the activities in the hallway made it difficult to sleep.

I would not recommend the Waldorf Hotel!

• Stayed: October 2006, traveled with family
7  Thank conversationist
Reviewed June 8, 2006

I've read some of the on this Hotel Reviews and felt that I had to respond.

I have stayed at the Waldorf 6 times since 2002 - I have also sampled the Sheraton and sel-catering Apartments in B.A.

The Waldorf is what it is - a cheapish, clean, moderate "centre of things" Hotel. I would take issue with labelling the whole staff group as unhelpful or rude (there may have been some incidents for people but that shouldn't colour the whole Group).

I've always found them to be superb. If we want to talk rude, unpleasant, incompetent and unhelpful Hotel staff let's talk Europe and Great Britain in particular !!

I would admit to some parts of the Hotel needing a serious re-furb but that's its only drawback for me.

I would stiil go back!!

They realy helped me out one night by giving me room when AliItalia let me down badly and I could not get the keys to my apartment at 2.00 a.m. - they even gave me a double for a single price !!!

Ian G. McCready

• Stayed: February 2006
9  Thank Bigmac50Scotland
Reviewed March 23, 2006

Stayed 11 days- great location, rooms fine, breakfast ample, staff helpful, AC appreciated, cable TV- even in English. & bars & restaurants within steps. Totally recommendable in all regards

Stayed: February 2006