“Helpful staff in San Telmo”

Unique Palacio San Telmo
Ranked #177 of 447 Hotels in Buenos Aires
London, United Kingdom
“Helpful staff in San Telmo”
Reviewed May 28, 2014

The staff are very helpful and friendly, the lobby is also very nice. The rooms are adequate, not particularly spacious and the street outside can be very congested with traffic. If you want to stay in San Telmo, it's a fair choice.

Room Tip: Higher is better to avoid street noise.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Tortoise_UK

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Sao Paulo, SP
Reviewed April 30, 2014

First, let me say that I didn't book this hotel. I booked the Unique Puerto Madero, based on their location. But, on my arrival, the staff told me that due to a "problem in their booking system", my reservation was done in another hotel of their chain. Interesting enough that the reservations of 2 more people from my team were also done wrong, so it seems common practice for them to book rooms in their nicest hotel and then distribute the guest among the other hotels...
This hotel is located near to several tourist attractions, but since my trip was business oriented, it was just noisy and congested, in a much worse location.
And, last but not least... They manually passed my credit card, and then charged me 10 times the amount that was due.
I'll never go back there.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
3 Thank Roseli S

Travelers are raving about these Buenos Aires hotels

Sofia
Reviewed April 24, 2014

We have the most terrible experience in this hotel.The staff stole some of our money-150 usd and 50 reals from our safe in our room and broke the lock of our suitcase too.The safe box was open with the master password.We complained in written form and even went to the police but without any result and noone from the hotel didn't even call us to ask questions and to apologise. Isn't it strange ??? We think in this crime is involved more than one person and they are covered by the management of the hotel.
I think they should at least call us about details.We changed the hotel (because they have problem with the electricity and offer us another hotel)and we stayed 5 days more so they have enough time to contact us and solve the problem but they even didn't try!!!!!!

Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
9 Thank Tony P
Reviewed April 23, 2014

Hotel is well located,breakfast is not so good, must pay for wi-fi. The terrible was that we do not have electricity all day and must change hotel at the final. The very terrible was that in this day someone from the staff stoled money from the the safety box in the room of my friend and they will do nothing.

• Stayed March 2014
4 Thank Stefan R
Changwon, South Korea
Reviewed April 9, 2014 via mobile

Stayed at this hotel for a couple of nights. The rooms were nice enough, had a good view, but the walls were quite thin so you could here the neighbours tv. The location is great being right near he plaza de mayo. My biggest problem was when it came time to pay the bill as they tried to charge us with a very poor exchange rate, when I enquirer as to what rate they were using, and how that wasn't the official rate they changed the bill after.

Stayed April 2014, traveled solo
3 Thank snailbait
Bratislava
Reviewed March 19, 2014

Hotel is located in historical part of the city quite a number of interesting places are in walking distance.
The hotel is clean, personal friendly and with good knowledge of languages (English, Portuguese).
Rooms are simple but acceptable (for someone who travels in economy class as I do).
Wi-Fi is available for free in the "lobby". In the room it costs 9 US dollars a day (sic!).
The main problem for me was noise. At night I clearly heard what people in the next room where talking about. Steps of a lady on high heels woke me up at 3 AM, I though she is in my room, (un)fortunately she wasn't. Her hair dryer sounded like vacuum cleaning in my room.
The street is relatively quiet but the single layer windows caused that I rarely slept longer then until 5AM. I admit that this is common problem in cities where weather is too pleasant to care about insulation.

Room Tip: Rooms at the 8th (top) floor are somewhat less noisier but smaller because of balcony.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank josusky
Reviewed February 23, 2014

This was the worst hotel we stayed in during our trip. The rooms were tiny and dark. Our room had only one lamp lying on a table next to bed and that was all light source in the room. There was also virtually no place in the room to put any clothes or things so we had to keep everything in our backpacks. Toilet was also dark and so small one could barely fit in there. The water pressure in shower was very weak, and there was no loo brush. However worst part was the cleaning service. They never replaced toilet paper and shampoo in our room. We had to ask for this products several times during our stay because we didn't have them. On top of that internet was available only in the lobby and bed sheets were not changed.

On the plus side, location was quite central

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple