All reviews small hotel open curtains the nearest metro stop cutting edge top floor making suggestions pool area honor bar large closet don julio amazing location great pool soho area staff were incredibly helpful lounge chairs best feature great area
Selected filters
Reviewed September 19, 2017 via mobile

We booked our hotel through Small Luxury Hotels after originally booking and staying one night at the Park Tower. There was no price difference on the room rate and we got the suite at 1828.

Firstly, Palermo is a much nicer area of Buenos Aires than where the Park Tower is located. It's trendy and up and coming.

The lobby of the hotel is well decorated and very chic. We arrived in the evening, so the pool area was lit and it was gorgeous.

Our suite was also quite beautifully decorated. The bed was super comfortable. The tv actually had a few English channels plus it's a smart tv. There was an outside jacuzzi tub on our balcony which an added bonus. Photos are accurate.

There is a free phone for your use while in Argentina. We did not use because we have a really good travel plan but if you are from a country with high roaming charges, this would be perfect. It has google maps, free local calls, etc.

Breakfast was included in price and really good, it was the best we had of our 3 Argentine hotels. You can get eggs to order, which were prepared well. There are fresh baked pastries daily. The coffee was delicious! I find places often make a weak coffee, but this was perfect.

The staff of the hotel were helpful and assisted us with dinner reservations, suggestions, etc. We had massages in the hotel spa; it was very good and not overally expensive. It is a small hotel, so there is no bellman but one of the hotel staff assisted us with our bags.

Overall, SLH did it again! Wonderful and lovely boutique hotel.

Date of stay: September 2017
3  Thank Cara1682
Melisa1828SmartHotel, Director General at 1828 Smart Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 26, 2017

Dear Cara1682, first of all, thank you very much for sharing your experience with other members of TripAdvisor!

We are really glad to read that you enjoyed our stay with us, most of all, that our staff made you feel really special and comfortable.

Reviewed September 1, 2017

this is a very nice boutique hotel in an area called Palermo. I like the decorations of the lobby. the staff are very hospitalable and they all speak good English. I like the balcony that faces the very modern pool in the hotel

Date of stay: September 2017
Trip type: Traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
2  Thank 568stevent
Melisa1828SmartHotel, Director General at 1828 Smart Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 6, 2017

Dear 568stevent, first of all, thank you very much for sharing your experience with other members of TripAdvisor!

Reviewed July 3, 2017

The staff are amazing and will go out of their way to make sure your stay is memorable. We stayed in the Junior suite which was a large, well appointed room with a big balcony and bathtub outside. The size of the hotel really makes it feel very 'boutique' and exclusive. The location is perfect for restaurants and bars as well as shopping. The area is safe to walk around at all hours and it truly is a home away from home.
Would definitely recommend this hotel and will be coming back!

Room tip: Junior suite has a beautiful balcony with a bathtub outside.
Date of stay: July 2017
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
2  Thank Ryan G
Melisa1828SmartHotel, Director General at 1828 Smart Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 5, 2017

Dear Ryan G, first of all, thank you very much for sharing your experience with other members of TripAdvisor!

We work every day to improve the experience of our guest, so we appreciate your comments and suggestions

Melisa Faiden

Reviewed April 4, 2017

I booked the 1828 Smart Hotel for 3 nights after doing my research on the web. I needed a hotel in Palermo Soho because I would be meeting an Argentinian friend and the location was convenient for her. This hotel is so discreet that, although she had passed that street countless times, she didn't even know it existed! Location, in fact, couldn't be better: a stone's throw from Palermo's hubbub, but in a quiet, peaceful street.

I was flying in from Ushuaia with my sister (who would only be staying for one night) and requested a twin room. I got a first floor with balcony at the rear of the building, which was nice. For two people, the room is a bit crowded (especially when there are larger suitcases), but it worked fine for that night.

The accomodation is very comfortable: great mattress and pillow -- and I am picky with both --, fantastic air conditioning (Buenos Aires in late February neared 40C during the day), phenomenal bathroom and shower, satellite TV with programming in English and Spanish (and a very large LCD TV), fridge, perfect sound-proofing and blackout curtains. It was also very clean.

But there are some quirks -- which aren't difficult to resolve. Lighting in the room is excellent, but finding the right switch for the right lamp was like tackling a puzzle. The lighting behind the bed took the most time -- I eventually found the switch hidden behind my pillow (and turned it on inadvertently during the night). Same thing with the curtains, which are controlled electrically (they don't budge if you try to open or close them by hand): the switches were also behind my pillow. Finding an outlet near the desk to plug my laptop was another mystery. This one was solved by staff when I had trouble with the satellite remote control. In no time someone came up to fix it, and when I asked about outlets, I was shown a hidden slot in the wood paneling behind the desk. Staff also told me that "smart hotel" was how it began: everything was controlled by a tablet guests were given when checking in. The idea didn't pan out and eventually the tablets were replaced by real switches, etc.

Breakfast was quite nice, with tasty breads, cold cuts, juices, the option of eggs and excellent (strong, the way I like it) coffee. On the second morning I had to leave the hotel before breakfast began, and staff gave me coffee to get me started. I also needed a late check out on my last day, which was graciously allowed at no extra cost. Staff was really, really good, making this stay all the more pleasurable. This is definitely a hotel I would stay in again.

Room tip: Be ready for a *very* slow elevator, which you will need no matter which floor you end up in!
Date of stay: February 2017
  • Trip type: Traveled with friends
1  Thank elsielr
Melisa1828SmartHotel, Director General at 1828 Smart Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 13, 2017

Dear Elsie L, first of all, thank you very much for sharing your experience with other members of TripAdvisor!

Reviewed March 14, 2017

I stayed at Smart1828 in March 2017, I really enjoyed the hotel and the location.

The staff has been amazing, they helped me with all and every request I made.

All the front desk employees, housekeepers, and breakfast were always helpful, Luciana, the General Manager was great, she always gave his best to make everybody happy.

The property is a boutique hotel, with a great design and built with high-quality materials.

It has a beautiful patio/garden with a swimming pool and spa.

The rooms and bathroom were very comfortable and functional.

Breakfast was great, hot and cold plates, coffee, orange juice, eggs, fruit, etc

The location is excellent, walking distance to restaurants, bars, Plaza Serrano and Plaza Armenia.

I would recommend this beautiful Boutique Hotel to anyone visiting Buenos Aires for business or pleasure.

Marcelo

Room tip: Best Spot in Buenos Aires
Date of stay: March 2017
  • Trip type: Traveled on business
LucianaSmart, Director General at 1828 Smart Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 15, 2017

Dear Marceloten, first of all, thank you very much for sharing your experience with other members of TripAdvisor!

We are really glad to read that everthing was wonderful and, most of all, that our staff made you feel really special and comfortable.

We work every day to improve the experience of our guest, that´s why is very important for us to know your opinión.

Warmest regards,