“Terrific Indian Food in BsAs”

Vrindavan Resto Hindu
Ranked #1,299 of 4,933 Restaurants in Buenos Aires
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Palermo
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Terrific Indian Food in BsAs”
Reviewed March 17, 2014

This is the best Indian resto I've found in the city. Not as good as ones back in the U.S., but a decent option in Buenos Aires. Run by a Bangladeshi-Argie couple (the wife is the head waitress and she introduced herself when we got there super-early, 8pm).
Curries were flavorful; paneer was homemade; and you can request spicy (yum!). Tried a sweet carrot pudding for dessert - tasted almost like pumpkin pie.
Thumbs up, I'll definitely be heading back.
Reservations are a must

• Visited January 2014

Canton of Geneva, Switzerland
“There is NOTHING Indian about this place...”
Reviewed March 10, 2014

And so the search for an authentic Indian restaurant in Buenos Aires continues!

We tried chicken pakora, grilled paneer, lamb vindaloo and lamb tikka masala. And two mango lassis.

The chicken pakora was basic fried chicken. No discernible Indian spices. The paneer was grilled on a skewer (odd) and tasted like unseasoned tofu. It was terribly bland and boring.

The main courses (it was about this time that our mediocre lassis finally turned up, about 35 minutes after we ordered them!) were horrendous. The meat in the tikka masala was, by far, the toughest, driest lamb I have ever been served in a restaurant or elsewhere. It was inedible and the cheap, bland tomato sauce it was served in would have been more appropriate with pasta although even then I wouldn't have been able to eat it. The vindaloo, which I had been repeatedly warned was spicy, was not. It tasted like a value range ready meal. Or something out of a tin that had been microwaved. Dismal. Depressing. Insulting.

We should have known we were in for a treat when we were served the bread with sauces and the sauces tasted, you guessed it, like they had come right out of a bottle on a supermarket shelf.

There is nothing Indian about this excuse for a restaurant. This is evident by the crowd it attracts; obnoxious, loud people who wouldn't even like proper Indian food if it was served to them. A sad, sad place.

• Visited March 2014
Oslo, Norway
“DISAPPOINTING”
Reviewed August 31, 2013

My partner and I like Indian food and chose for this restaurant near our hotel in Buenos Aires. It looks luxurious with deep-red interiors, pearl-embroidered wall hangings (actually saris, which the first waiter we asked did not know) and double tablecloths in red and blue. But the food was disappointing. My partner, who likes it spicy, had ordered lamb vindaloo, while I prefer it milder and ordered chicken korma masala - in other words two standard dishes that any Indian restaurant will have on its menu. But my chicken came with a sauce that tasted like it was just ketchup with some oil added and my partner's vindaloo was not much better. We did not feel tempted to try any dessert but left and had a coffee and a drink in a nearby bar instead. This was not a great dining experience.

• Visited August 2013