“Good Fish/Chips”
Review of Chipper

Chipper
Ranked #122 of 6,922 Restaurants in Buenos Aires
Cuisines: Irish, Seafood
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Neighborhood: Palermo Hollywood
Description: Chipper is proud to be the first and only fish and chip restaurant in Buenos Aires. We offer a fine selection of fish and chip classics, all with a gourmet twist. Menu includes deep fried fish, calamari, onion rings, prawns, mushy peas, seafood risottos, grilled seafood platters and more. Our desserts include crème brûlée, sticky toffee pudding and deep fried ice cream.
Reviewed February 24, 2019

Our first night in Buenos Aires found us wanting fish and chips (of all things).

We went around 6pm, were the first ones there (as we usually are). Ordered a couple of beers and a large order of F&Chips to share, Good food in a fun neighborhood. No complaints.

Date of visit: February 2019

Reviewed January 6, 2019 via mobile

After my bourbon-based cocktails (see previous review), I was in need for some light food. What better than fish? I had spotted a promising place earlier today but unfortunately, their kitchen hours weren’t on par with my ‘I just flew in from Europe and have a time difference to deal with’ situation so I hit up this place instead because: a) it was fish b) it was open c) it had a 2nd floor balcony with tables overlooking the street at nighttime.

I ordered a glass of wine while I quickly checked out the place on TripAdvisor, and decided I could safely eat here.

Only two wines by the glass, one red, one white. Had the Chardonnay which was great. The garlic shrimp were good although a little light on the garlic. (They call them langoustines, I find that a little grandiose, but hey, I say potato you say po-taato)

The catch of the day was merluza (hake) which came with a green salad. The fish was baked to perfection and the ‘picante’ I asked for fully complimented it.

I still wanna go to that other place once my internal clock has adjusted, but Clipper is no place to pass up.

One note: the food came fast but after that the attention kinda died down entirely, even though the place was quite empty (remember, my internal clock).

Date of visit: January 2019
1  Thank JoelAndoetoe
Reviewed November 18, 2018 via mobile

Tasty and in a good amount. Have to say that the fried calamari rings (rabas) were the best I've eaten so far! Salmon was ok, chips awesome and the shrimps delicious. We asked for a sauvingon blanc and couldn't be better. Worth a visit!

Date of visit: November 2018
Reviewed September 17, 2018 via mobile

If you want traditional correctly cooked English fish and chips, you must visit Chipper. A simple, cute, small restaurant a la UK with fresh food and a tasty selection of fish meals with some local additions.
A must.

Date of visit: September 2018
Reviewed June 9, 2018 via mobile

Very good food, great neighborhood!
Specialized in fish, salmon and other dishes.

Great service , fresh food!

Date of visit: June 2018