“We were SO IMPRESSED”

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Montserrat
Reviewed April 1, 2013

Cosy, homey set up - excellent for a romantic treat or family dinner. The food - memorable! Every bite is an experience and the flavors keep on coming. When we visited it was a set menu - ten starters, then we were served exceptional lasagna, meatballs and agnolotti (yes, we were served three dishes as a second warm starter - all delicious without an exception), the main meal was carne with peaches and salad - the textures and flavors! and of course dolci - tiramisu and chocolate panacotta and mini doughnuts, biscotti topped with two aperatives! The wine was also good - the owner chose a Malbeck blend that complimented our meal to perfection! Service, ambiance and food - all made for a memorable experience! We recommend!

Reviewed March 29, 2013

I have lived in Buenos Aires for almost a year now and to be honest while the food is generally good in the city I have definitely been a bit bored with it lately. About a week ago I read a review for Maria Fedele and decided it was on the must try list. Best decision I have made in a while. The restaurant is very charming and reminds me of sitting in an italian market very cute and the ambiance just adds to the charm of the whole dining experience. I do not have enough adjectives or adverbs to describe how good the food actually is. The antipasta course might be the most food I have ever seen on one table ever but each dish very distinct and very well prepared the selection and taste was out of this world. Next was the pasta course again really great made with fresh ingredients freshly prepared: squid ink pasta in a light tomato garlic oil sauce with mussels and shrimp (might be the best pasta dish I have ever had). Next was the fish course (since it is semana santa here fish is served in place of meat) again a very nice dish....the pasta course still my favorite. To say I was starting to feel extremely full at this point is an understatement but what arrives next the dessert course: not just one dessert to choose from on a tray..nope the whole dessert tray 5 in total. All of them really great. Followed by after dinner drinks and coffee. With so much food you would expect something to be not great but in reality no everything was really really great. The service was really excellent also something I am not used to here in the city, a great selection of wines, they will also bring you more of anything you want from any course and all this at a very reasonable cost our total bill was 370 argentine pesos (excluding tip) for two people (about 72USD/36USD per person at the official exchange rate) One word of advice wear pants with an elastic waistband because you will need some extra stomach room by the time you leave. This is a must visit do not miss it restaurant in Buenos Aires.

Reviewed February 23, 2013

I've been to Buenos Aires on various ocassions and this family owned restaurant is the perfect combination of cuisine and atmosphere. It is obvious that the chef uses fresh ingredients and the portions will leave you more than satisfied. Great selection of wines too! If you want a true Argentinean/Italian experience, I think this is one of the best places in the world!

2  Thank Monique0073
Reviewed February 15, 2013

What an amazing place!! This family-owned restaurant serves incredibly tasty food! It is authentic Italian, fresh and tasty and the fixed menu that you get there changes regularly!
It started with eight (yes eight!!!) different antipasti and freshly baked rolls were served with it! Delicious!!
The second course is a pasta dish, which was our favorite, then a meat and finally an amazing desert!
Make sure to be hungry, because it is a lot of food!
The service was outstanding, the waiter was very attentive and made us feel very comfortable.
I would recommend this restaurant to anyone who is in Buenos Aires :)

3  Thank kjanzer
Reviewed February 5, 2013

We spend 4 months per year in San Telmo, and went to Maria Fedele soon after it had opened. Have been going back every week since, it is such a pleasure. Fixed price, fixed menu. About 8 antipasto dishes, a pasta dish, a meat dish and a desert, varies every night. The cooking is really excellent and interesting. If you prefer not to eat a dish, they will try to do an alternative. Good wine list. The room is small, so best to book. The staff is really kind and thoughful. Price including good wine about US$30! Having been to about 50 restaurants in BA, this one really is outstandingly good.

3  Thank GabinoLondon