“Good spot for french style breakfast”
Review of Le Pain Quotidien

Le Pain Quotidien
Ranked #4 of 37 Bakeries in Buenos Aires
Cuisines: Healthy
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch
Neighborhood: Palermo
Description: Friends and strangers alike come together around our communal table to break bread and linger for a while. Take a seat next to a neighbor, share the Brunette and be reminded that, even in the big city, we are a community.
Reviewed January 6, 2014 via mobile

This is a good spot. Fresh food well made and well presented. The Pain au Chocolat's are savage.

Also tried the brunch offer for 85 peso. Very tasty and worth a try.

This place gets my thumbs up.

Reviewed November 26, 2013 via mobile

The one in Palermo is charming and the Cortado was delightful. Sit outside in the back if you can. The amount of dulce con leche consumed is voluminous

Reviewed May 28, 2013

Great location, classic Le Pain ambience, delicious loaves of bread on the wall, and they still screwed it up so bad that when we left breakfast we drove 40 mins to San Isidro for lunch. When my wife and I spotted the restaurant, one of our favorites from DC (I know it's a chain, but oh so good...!), we gave a few high-fives and decided to walk from the local mall back for a late breakfast. Mistake.

The waitress took our order promptly, and then just as promptly forgot about us. She was detailed to the multiple, fancy 'Menu del día' boards they had all over the place; unfortunately for us, maybe she has the best handwriting. At any rate, we waited 12 mins with no drinks and then the meals arrived. The parfait was blahhh, and my Tostada Francés was nothing I have ever seen French people eat: two giant pieces of french bread with melted cheese and ham. It was lukewarm at best and not the healthy fare you expect from this chain. I know, I ordered it without knowing what it was, but c'mon, give it a rest. The bread was even soggy since it was waiting to be served too long.

I will give another secursal that is opening in Belgrano soon a second try, but it hurt me to experience this. At least the cafés, when they finally arrived, were very good.

1  Thank Jimmy F
Reviewed April 15, 2013

After a visit to MALBA, I had a roast beef and cheese open faced sandwich on brown bread and my friend had a salad. Both were a huge portion and very tasty. Do try their homemade lemonade which had a refreshing zesty taste to it. Oh, it was great that the waitresses were friendly, helpful and spoke English!

Reviewed April 9, 2013

This place is a breath of fresh air in an area crowded with mediocre restaurants. We ate at the newer Palermo location, which just opened in February. Actually we ate there four or five times because the food was just so fresh and healthy. I know its a chain, but they have really great formula. The starting point is the incredible bread! Outstanding. Lots of creative and fresh salads and simple open face sandwiches. We never had a disappointing thing there. The service was extremely friendly, and they have English menus, which is quite helpful, although the staff all speak some English ( way better than our Spanish!). It's not an inexpensive place but the ingredients are really top notch, so well worth the cost. Great place for breakfast or lunch.