“Good snacks, great dulce de leche”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of La Salamandra - CLOSED

La Salamandra
Dining options: Lunch, Waitstaff
Neighborhood: Palermo
Sao Paulo, SP
“Good snacks, great dulce de leche”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 11, 2012

Salamandra dulce de leche has been my favorite for years. Didn´t know they had their own cafes. Nice place for snacks, coffee and little treats ;-)

Visited April 2012
2 Thank lenamaxi

San Diego, California
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1,409 helpful votes
“Great stop for delicious affordable food....”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 20, 2012

I've been here many, many times since it's a few blocks from my office. The food is really delicious and it's quite affordable here. They have some unique sandwiches that you can't get at most places in Buenos Aires. Like their Pastrami sandwich which is really great.

I brought a friend here and he loved the individual pizza here. He liked it so much we came twice during our week stay.

The owner recognized us from a few days earlier so he came over and took our order himself which is a nice touch. He also treated my friend to some coffee on the house with some dulce de leche which they are very well known for.

It's a really affordable place, especially at the informal exchange rate. I got a sandwich with small salad, Pepsi, bottled water and my friend got a pizza and the bill with nice tip came to 60 pesos each (less than $10 US).

The only small complaint I have is sometimes the wait can be long as they don't have many waiters/waitresses here. At least the owner tells you when you order that it will take about 15 minutes to make the pizza, etc.

But it's a real gem with great affordable food.

• Visited October 2012