See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed February 15, 2017

Downtown condos a block off Av 9 de Julio (a main street). We stayed two separate times at the beginning and end of our time in Argentina. Rooms included everything we needed – fridge, micro, giant comfy bed and front desk people, (especially Diego!) who went out of their way to be helpful arranging airport taxis and advising us on sites to see. Room was cleaned daily. We like to walk and found that from this central location we could walk to Recoleta (neighborhood and cemetery (think Evita!)), to Puerto Madera, and to the train station for our trip to Tigre. The Metro stop is just two blocks away. It even had a small grocery right across the street! BA is a big city with narrow streets, dicey neighborhoods after dark (across the avenues, not where we were), and sometimes crumbling sidewalks, but Riva Urban Lofts quickly felt like home. Several nice restaurants within a block of Riva Urban Lofts, too. We liked Iberia (Hi Jorge!) and the Almaden Café.

Room Tip: Higher rooms - less street noise - although both rooms were quiet enough
  • Stayed: January 2017, traveled as a couple
Diego C, Director de Relaciones Públicas at Riva Urban Lofts, responded to this reviewResponded February 17, 2017

Dear "UnFitz":

Thank you very much for your comment on Trip Advisor. We hope you had a pleasant stay with us. Thank you for choosing us and we will be extremly happy to have you again with us!

Reviewed December 16, 2016

The service was excellent, the front desk attendant and staff were very attentive to our needs and comfort. The bed was extremely comfortable and it was meticulously cleaned. The one thing we did not like is that there are no drawers for your clothes away so we did the best we could with the furniture in the room. I liked that it's a no smoking building although they do provide a space for smoks.

• Stayed: December 2016, traveled as a couple
Diego C, Director de Relaciones Públicas at Riva Urban Lofts, responded to this reviewResponded December 17, 2016

Dear "Liz S":

Thank you very much for your comment on Trip Advisor. We hope you had a pleasant stay with us. Thank you for choosing us.

Reviewed December 12, 2016

This hotel, though centrally located, was not in a great part of town. the room was spartan and marginally clean. The bathroom had mold around the sink and there was only one very small trash can for the room. Since that trash can needs to be used for toilet paper (you cannot flush toilet paper in most bathrooms in Argentina) we had to use plastic bags for trash. The "kitchen" was a joke. The cleaning service was marginal, we had to ask for towels and then they were left in the bidet. I would not stay here again under any circumstances. They only saving grace were the young men at the front desk. They were courteous and helped us get around the city. I would have happily paid more for a better place to stay. This was arranged through a travel company and we had no choice on where we stayed. We won't do that again.

• Stayed: December 2016, traveled with friends
Reviewed December 2, 2016 via mobile

Well, we stayed in the "hotel" for 2 nights (2 adults and toddler).
I'll speak of the benefits first since we choose this place from the first place.
It's location is perfect.One block from 9 de Julio avenue (Obelisk), there is a supermarket just in front of you, the room (triple room) it's quiet big , a metro station just around a corner . You are in the heart and soul of Buenos Aires. Sometimes it's a little bit noisy,but well,that's a part of being close to everything.
4 days before we arrived to the Hotel they charged my credit card without a notice,when I called to ask why, the lady (Spanish speaker only) said that it was a hotel policy. I read the whole policy thing I had in my confirmation ,then in the booking and didn't find anything. I called again and the same lady told me that they charge all their guests as a guaranty and she is sorry that it's not appears in their conditions, but well - South America...Get use to it.
We arrived with a morning flight and a guy from the front desk allowed to check in earlier without any additional costs. The room is very basic,it seemed to be clean, but we had some surprises under the bed and a smell of something dying in the garbage can. Since we travel with a 20 month toddler the kitchen was important ,but we never expected that you will have to buy a dish soap and rag. There is no clean service, that something dead in the trash we had - stayed over there for 3 days,the other trash can in the bathroom was SO small that we had to empty it after every use. As I said ,there is no clean service so we had to walk with our garbage on the streets to get reed of it.
The thing that pissed me off was the check out.
We checked out at 10:30 and asked if later we will be able to use the bathroom of the hotel. The guy from a desk front said that there is no problem at all.When we finally had to do it the other guy said that they don't have any bathroom. We asked to use one of the available rooms ,but he refused. We explained that I had to change a diaper, and had to do it in the bathroom since the whole "lobby" it's a glass and I don't want all the passing people see my son naked. The guy said that can't help us and the other guy from the morning told him we never asked anything about bathroom use.I really got angry , because he said that I don't have to LIE to get things!
Bottom line - we saw a lot of tradicional hotels in the same price and same location but choose this one for the kitchen. Don't do the same mistake. You don't want to stay in a place that calls YOU liar.

Stayed: November 2016, traveled with family
Reviewed June 13, 2016

My room was very spacious, clean, and comfortable. The receptionist (Frank and Diego) were very helpful in giving tips of best restaurants to visit, places to hang out, and shopping area. It was a very welcoming place, right in the center of everything in Buenos Aires. I was walking distance from Casa Rosa, National Congress, and other popular restaurants like Cafe Tortoni, tango lesson places, and lots of other fun.

• Stayed: June 2016, traveled solo
Diego C, Director de Relaciones Públicas at Riva Urban Lofts, responded to this reviewResponded June 14, 2016

Dear "ejeanpeace":

We appreciate your insights on our service and we are willing to have you back with us in our hotel.

Thank you very much for your time and for having stayed with us.

Best regards,